#1  
Old 09-26-2017, 07:04 PM
brutalbrutus's Avatar
brutalbrutus brutalbrutus is online now
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: the nati
Years Playing: 7.9
Courses Played: 52
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 6,781
Niced 1,532 Times in 879 Posts
Default 2018 Pdga Majors, NTs, and Tour events

https://www.pdga.com/2018-tour-sched...-now-available

A couple things pop out. Toboggan(DGPT), Golden Gate Park(DGPT) and Iron Hill(NT). All the DGPT events are A-tiers next year. I still think Bg Ams needs to be a major...
Sponsored Links

Last edited by brutalbrutus; 09-26-2017 at 07:08 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-26-2017, 07:23 PM
KenanFlagler01 KenanFlagler01 is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Years Playing: 8.2
Courses Played: 120
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 200
Niced 45 Times in 15 Posts
Default

The pros don't make it to the Eastern Time Zone until July 20 (Idlewild) and not for good until August 24 (Vibram). Lots of interesting venues. Intrigued by the San Francisco one.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-26-2017, 07:33 PM
brutalbrutus's Avatar
brutalbrutus brutalbrutus is online now
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: the nati
Years Playing: 7.9
Courses Played: 52
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 6,781
Niced 1,532 Times in 879 Posts
Default

With the weather here in the east being very unpredictable, it makes sense for them to stay out west early in the year.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-26-2017, 08:54 PM
ru4por's Avatar
ru4por ru4por is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Dearborn Michigan
Years Playing: 35.1
Courses Played: 225
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 3,106
Niced 570 Times in 271 Posts
Default

I would be floored if the DGPT event was held on the Toboggan course. The park has been adamant in it's recent decision to restrict that courses use to one event per year. Great Lakes Open has been held in the Northern Detroit Metro suburbs for the last couple years. Interesting that Hudson Mills has recently decided to put in Innova baskets, in a park that Discraft has done a lot for over the years. Interesting for sure. I have no inside knowledge, but it would be surprising. They would have to completely pull the course and put it in a few weeks later. I will try to look into it.

Last edited by ru4por; 09-26-2017 at 08:59 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-26-2017, 09:31 PM
onemilemore's Avatar
onemilemore onemilemore is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Golden State
Years Playing: 7.3
Courses Played: 43
Throwing Style: LHBH
Posts: 6,353
Niced 131 Times in 65 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brutalbrutus View Post
https://www.pdga.com/2018-tour-sched...-now-available

A couple things pop out. Toboggan(DGPT), Golden Gate Park(DGPT) and Iron Hill(NT). All the DGPT events are A-tiers next year. I still think Bg Ams needs to be a major...
Venue for SF is to be determined.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ru4por View Post
I would be floored if the DGPT event was held on the Toboggan course. The park has been adamant in it's recent decision to restrict that courses use to one event per year. Great Lakes Open has been held in the Northern Detroit Metro suburbs for the last couple years. Interesting that Hudson Mills has recently decided to put in Innova baskets, in a park that Discraft has done a lot for over the years. Interesting for sure. I have no inside knowledge, but it would be surprising. They would have to completely pull the course and put it in a few weeks later. I will try to look into it.
According to Steve Dodge earlier today (and on the DGPT website) it's Toboggan.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-26-2017, 09:55 PM
Ender175's Avatar
Ender175 Ender175 is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Rhode Island
Courses Played: 17
Posts: 623
Niced 76 Times in 41 Posts
Default

Vibram Open drops from 4 days to 3. Booooooooooooooo!!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-26-2017, 10:53 PM
mrclc's Avatar
mrclc mrclc is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Dayton, OH
Years Playing: 4.8
Courses Played: 346
Throwing Style: RHFH
Posts: 149
Niced 33 Times in 18 Posts
Default

More Toboggan is always a good thing.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-26-2017, 11:23 PM
sjberry2017's Avatar
sjberry2017 sjberry2017 is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Tennessee
Years Playing: 5
Courses Played: 49
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,207
Niced 167 Times in 112 Posts
Default

Am I the only one who noticed that the European Masters will be replaced with the Konopiste Open next year, and that the DGWT is only three events, two of which are majors?

I also really like the DGPT schedule and the revamped timing of Idlewild and Ledgestone, should hopefully lead to more top tier pros playing there. Kinda surprising to see that the Nick Hyde Memorial dropped off the DGPT, but I'd imagine that'll still be a highly attended event.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 09-26-2017, 11:52 PM
Cgkdisc's Avatar
Cgkdisc Cgkdisc is online now
.:Hall of Fame Member:.
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Twin Cities
Years Playing: 29.2
Courses Played: 655
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 11,476
Niced 663 Times in 364 Posts
Default

Maybe a different Toboggan design is needed for DGPT? The Am Nats design is more blue level with an SSA in the 56-57 neighborhood.
Reply With Quote
 

  #10  
Old 09-27-2017, 12:51 AM
DiscFifty DiscFifty is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Tx
Years Playing: 7.2
Courses Played: 19
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,999
Niced 263 Times in 155 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjberry2017 View Post
Kinda surprising to see that the Nick Hyde Memorial dropped off the DGPT...
Anyone know why the NHM was pulled from the DGPT? Or care to speculate?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:42 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.