Old 11-07-2017, 06:02 PM

Years Playing: 2.1
Courses Played: 134
Niced 19 Times in 14 Posts
Smile The Inevitable 2018 Pros Switching Sponsors Thread

My instinct and various media outlets (smashboxx+DGAM) tellls me james Conrad is moving to DD.

Hope they assign him a full time social media manager.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-07-2017, 08:39 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.6
Courses Played: 42
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1,245 Times in 597 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgso View Post
My instinct and various media outlets (smashboxx+DGAM) tellls me james Conrad is moving to DD.

Man, that blows.

Niced: (1)
Old 11-07-2017, 10:41 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.1
Courses Played: 82
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 20 Times in 14 Posts

Quote:

Nothing has been said. The othernight on Smashboxx they talked about who could be the biggest Upset moving if they jumped ship. Would be very shocked if he switched.
Old 11-08-2017, 08:49 AM

Courses Played: 47
Niced 18 Times in 9 Posts

He will probably make a move somewhere if Innova doesn't put him on the Star team, in my opinion. He needs to get paid.
Old 11-08-2017, 09:11 AM

Courses Played: 47
Niced 18 Times in 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by snappyj View Post

He will probably make a move somewhere if Innova doesn't put him on the Star team, in my opinion. He needs to get paid.
Yes, I messed up that quote. Don't judge me.
Old 11-08-2017, 09:22 AM
Bogey Member

Niced 16 Times in 8 Posts

I wonder if elaine king will get picked up by anybody or if she will choose to remain sponsorless.
Old 11-08-2017, 09:24 AM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 87
Niced 263 Times in 129 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by snappyj View Post
If he continues to tour like he did this year, Innova would be incredibly foolish not to put him on the Star team. He would arguably be more deserving than Philo, based on JC's consistent string of top finishes. They have to leave Brinster on there based on previous achievements (2013 USDGC) but they should maybe consider bumping Barsby if he has another solid season.

In looking at the women on the Star Team, I would argue that perhaps Lisa Fajkus or Jessica Weese should maybe get bumped up in place of Jen Allen, who is the current Woman's Distance Record holder, but doesn't seem to tour like the other 2.
Old 11-08-2017, 11:45 AM
Eagle Member

Niced 548 Times in 143 Posts

SmashBoxx has no insight on Conrads move, if any. I think that we said... of all people he is a highly likely candidate. Because he is not truly locked into anyone right now and because of the people he tours with a lot. But, he LOVES his Aviars, and that could make it a difficult decision. And I specifically said that he isn't exactly Mr. Social Media. He won't drive sales with his outgoingness. He is just a good player. I think it would be a mistake for Innova if didn't hold on to him.

And again, I have ZERO inside knowledge... but would it surprise anyone if Madison Walker went to DD where her best friend Paige is?
Old 11-08-2017, 12:11 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2
Courses Played: 22
Niced 191 Times in 127 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvphobic View Post
SmashBoxx has no insight on Conrads move, if any. I think that we said... of all people he is a highly likely candidate. Because he is not truly locked into anyone right now and because of the people he tours with a lot. But, he LOVES his Aviars, and that could make it a difficult decision.
Speaking from direct experience, JK Aviars are pretty easy to swap with Wardens. Doubt it will matter, though. I think Innova will (wisely) hold onto him.

Old 11-08-2017, 01:24 PM
.:Hall of Fame Member:.

Years Playing: 29.2
Courses Played: 655
Niced 672 Times in 366 Posts

Too early for 2018. But with the potential growth in China, it wouldn't surprise me if by 2020, Yikun tried to sponsor some top west coast pros. We've seen how fanatical the Chinese have been with basketball stars like Kobe. If DG fever takes off in China like it has in Finland, we could see the online fan base increase quickly if their citizens are not restricted access. DG Guy has the Mandarin version of Rosetta Stone on his 2019 Xmas list.

Niced: (3)