Old 05-16-2012, 11:21 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 8.5
Courses Played: 17
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Overlap

So... I have been messing around with a bunch of different discs that I aquired in random trades here and there and now I have some overlap in my bag.

I have been putting with an anode lately and I love it, though my old omega ss still works its way into the chains every now and again. I want to get a soft anode to replicate that ss feel as much as possible. I love the flight (both in putting and driving) of the anode but the omega just [I]feels[I] better in the hand. Any thoughts on this? I realize putting is very personal, though I have pretty much decided on this issue.

The real issue is my fairway drivers. I have some JLSes (quantum and base plastic) and a River (GL). I find that these fly very similar but the River has more glide usually resulting in about an extra 20 feet. I am debating just taking the River out and staying with the JLS and getting consistent plus not having to worry about which fairway driver to pick. Also how stable do JLSes come? My QJLS is a little beat and turns nicely but would a new one be a little beefy? Just trying to clean up my bag some. Thanks guys.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-16-2012, 11:38 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7
Courses Played: 47
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

It would really be helpful if you followed the guidelines used for bag critiques update if you would like more detailed feedback.
Old 05-16-2012, 11:47 PM
Eagle Member

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Sorry 'bout that. This should help.

Years played: 2.5-3
Main throwing: RHBH, some RHFH
Distances (avg/max): Anode (250/300) JLS (340/390ish) OLS (360/440) Quasar (350/390)
Old 05-16-2012, 11:51 PM
Eagle Member

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Those distances are estimates really, I have only measured one or two throws rigorously. =(
Old 05-17-2012, 12:43 AM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 25
Niced 28 Times in 22 Posts

That doesn't really help all that much, but I would say that the soft plastic on the anode won't replicate the omega ss plastic at all. It's a great soft plastic, but I find the anode plastic (medium or soft) almost useless when they get wet. They won't have the same feel as anything that is a solid plastic (like an omega SS)

I haven't thrown a JLS but I throw rivers (TM, GL, and Opto). I can attest to the versatility of this disc. Those three plastics consistently cover pretty much every neutral to understable shot I need between 300 and 375 feet. I just parked a 406 foot hole on my home course with a GL river today. I can usually only do that with a king or ripped valk. The glide on that disc is absolutely amazing.

Old 05-18-2012, 07:37 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.5
Courses Played: 40
Niced 4 Times in 3 Posts

I completely understand prefering a base plastic putter.
While i know "everyone" loves the river i would pick a jls over it in a hart beat. For the role id want the disc to play, i dont need "extra" distance.