Old 05-05-2012, 11:38 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.5
Courses Played: 59
Niced 4 Times in 3 Posts
Default Midnight's Bag

Alright, just for the heck of it, I am going to post my bag. I know some of you might not agree with my line up, but after lots and lots of field testing, and course testing, this line up works for me.

I am posting my bag to maybe give some people a different look at what I carry, and maybe give some ideas to others. Feel free to ask any questions that you like about my line up . Here is what is in my bag , discs and all:

DRIVERS

Discraft ESP Flash- Main driver for tail winds, and for slightly understable drives. Will hold almost any line you put on it, but its a beat in some, so it does not do well in head winds at all.

Millennium Crystal Astra -Nice long driver into light headwinds, and cross winds. I use it when its too windy to use the ESP Flash

Discraft Z Flash- Great driver, and its well beat in, so it will go almost dead straight. I use it for tight fairways, or places where I need to be more accurate. It doesn't need as much room to fly as the ESP Flash. Starts out a little overstable , but beats in nicely.

Millennium Orion LF- I use this when I need a disc to hold a dead stright line, but also give me a little fade at the end of the flight. Also does pretty well in some headwinds if thrown will a little hyzer. Also does great in tight fairways, but I mainly use it when I need a little fade at the end of a straight flight.

Discraft ESP Force- I use this when I need a very long, overstable shot, or I use it when throwing into some medium to strong headwinds. I also use it for blind hyzers because its hot pink and easy to find when out of sight.

Discraft Crush - good driver for harder hyzers, and tight woods hyzers. Gives you a nice medium left hook, and I mainly use it for hyzer shots in tight fairways, and into stronger head winds, that are too much for the Force.

Innova Star Wraith- Max weight, so its very overstable , and is mainly used to spike hyzers, or very overstable shots, were I need more overstabilty than distance.

Innova Roadrunner - Used for long understable shots. Main understable driver.

Fairway Driver

Discraft Stalker -I don't use a fairway driver alot, so the only one I carry is the Stalker. I mainly use it for straight shots 265-285, but it will also hold any line you put on it, so I sometimes use it on tight fairways.

Midrange Discs

Discraft Z Buzz- I use this for straight shots, and tight fairways 240-265ft. Great disc with great glide, and just an over all great disc to have in the bag. Main midrange

Discraft Hornet - Flies like an overstable version of the Buzz, and I use it for overstable midrange shots, and midrange shots into headwinds.

Innova Star Coyote - This midrange is nice and beat in, so I use it for my understable midrange shots

PUTTERS

Discraft ESP Challenger - I use it for overstable putting, going around trees, and things, and if I have to putt into a strong headwind

Discraft Soft Magnet - I have a very floppy , beat in soft Magnet, that I use for my understable putting, and understable shots up to 220ft

Discraft Soft Focus - I use this for driving off the tee for holes up to 230ft, and shots up to that distance

Discraft Pro D Challenger -This Challenger is nice and beat in, so I use it for all my approach shots 50ft and longer, and I also use it for driving off the tee for shorter holes, because my main putter is black, and hard to see.

Discraft Soft Magnet (black)- Main putter up to 70ft, and works great. I have had it for several years.

Floating discs

Innova Wahoo - Driving near water hazards.

Innova Hydra - Midrange and putting near water

Other items in the bag

Golden Retriver - Getting my discs and others out of the water. Works great

Baseball - Getting the discs out of trees

Two towels- One for me, and one for the discs

Sun block

Bug repellent

pens

pencils

markers

score cards

small clip board

small first aid kit

a couple of minis

I think that is about it
Sponsored Links
Old 05-06-2012, 12:38 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.8
Courses Played: 18
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

sounds heavy
Old 05-06-2012, 12:42 AM
* Ace Member *

Niced 4 Times in 3 Posts

I have a Champion bag with the quad straps, so it does get a little heavy with 3 bottles of water, but I guess I am just used to it. I am not a small guy.
Old 05-06-2012, 12:43 AM
Par Member

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnightbiker View Post
Alright, just for the heck of it, I am going to post my bag. I know some of you might not agree with my line up, but after lots and lots of field testing, and course testing, this line up works for me.

I am posting my bag to maybe give some people a different look at what I carry, and maybe give some ideas to others. Feel free to ask any questions that you like about my line up . Here is what is in my bag , discs and all:

DRIVERS

Discraft ESP Flash- Main driver for tail winds, and for slightly understable drives. Will hold almost any line you put on it, but its a beat in some, so it does not do well in head winds at all.

Millennium Crystal Astra -Nice long driver into light headwinds, and cross winds. I use it when its too windy to use the ESP Flash

Discraft Z Flash- Great driver, and its well beat in, so it will go almost dead straight. I use it for tight fairways, or places where I need to be more accurate. It doesn't need as much room to fly as the ESP Flash. Starts out a little overstable , but beats in nicely.

Millennium Orion LF- I use this when I need a disc to hold a dead stright line, but also give me a little fade at the end of the flight. Also does pretty well in some headwinds if thrown will a little hyzer. Also does great in tight fairways, but I mainly use it when I need a little fade at the end of a straight flight.

Discraft ESP Force- I use this when I need a very long, overstable shot, or I use it when throwing into some medium to strong headwinds. I also use it for blind hyzers because its hot pink and easy to find when out of sight.

Discraft Crush - good driver for harder hyzers, and tight woods hyzers. Gives you a nice medium left hook, and I mainly use it for hyzer shots in tight fairways, and into stronger head winds, that are too much for the Force.

Innova Star Wraith- Max weight, so its very overstable , and is mainly used to spike hyzers, or very overstable shots, were I need more overstabilty than distance.

Innova Roadrunner - Used for long understable shots. Main understable driver.

Fairway Driver

Discraft Stalker -I don't use a fairway driver alot, so the only one I carry is the Stalker. I mainly use it for straight shots 265-285, but it will also hold any line you put on it, so I sometimes use it on tight fairways.

Midrange Discs

Discraft Z Buzz- I use this for straight shots, and tight fairways 240-265ft. Great disc with great glide, and just an over all great disc to have in the bag. Main midrange

Discraft Hornet - Flies like an overstable version of the Buzz, and I use it for overstable midrange shots, and midrange shots into headwinds.

Innova Star Coyote - This midrange is nice and beat in, so I use it for my understable midrange shots

PUTTERS

Discraft ESP Challenger - I use it for overstable putting, going around trees, and things, and if I have to putt into a strong headwind

Discraft Soft Magnet - I have a very floppy , beat in soft Magnet, that I use for my understable putting, and understable shots up to 220ft

Discraft Soft Focus - I use this for driving off the tee for holes up to 230ft, and shots up to that distance

Discraft Pro D Challenger -This Challenger is nice and beat in, so I use it for all my approach shots 50ft and longer, and I also use it for driving off the tee for shorter holes, because my main putter is black, and hard to see.

Discraft Soft Magnet (black)- Main putter up to 70ft, and works great. I have had it for several years.

Floating discs

Innova Wahoo - Driving near water hazards.

Innova Hydra - Midrange and putting near water

Other items in the bag

Golden Retriver - Getting my discs and others out of the water. Works great

Baseball - Getting the discs out of trees

Two towels- One for me, and one for the discs

Sun block

Bug repellent

pens

pencils

markers

score cards

small clip board

small first aid kit

a couple of minis

I think that is about it
I gotta admit, had the opportunity to throw a friends Flash, and passed. I'm an innova man, with Discraft mids on the brain. Will reconsider next time. Well, the first thought I have is a matter of throwing style, and distance. Are you 100% Rhbh? Next, is that wraith flat or doomed?

Other than than that, this bag looks good, man. Maybe add a water bottle!? The floating discs and baseball really caught me as intelligent. I have definitely thrown discs, shoes, and branches to get discs out of trees. Kudos, sir. Not my best moment when on the course, there are two people, myself three holes ahead of some old guy, throwing my shoe at my putter, for a putter round...lodged in a tree.
Old 05-06-2012, 12:51 AM
* Ace Member *

Niced 4 Times in 3 Posts

Not sure about the Wraith, but it seems pretty flat. I am a 99% RHBH thrower. I only throw sidearm to get out of trouble, or the occational tomahawk over a tree or something.

I do carry 3 bottles of water, I just didn't mention, them, because I figured it was a given, since I live in southeast Texas.

I love the Flash, one of the best drivers I have ever thrown.

My max distance is around 320, but only because I have an injury that I got over a year ago, in my right collar bone, and I have never been the same since.
Old 05-06-2012, 01:05 AM
Par Member

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

See, the way you talk about your flash, is how I feel about my flat star wraith. Best I've thrown for sure. The flat wraiths are money in the bank. I throw it full power, about 310-330ft max, with a hyzer-flip.

Gotta say, I feel for ya with your injury. I have major back spasms once very two months or so that keeps away from the game for two weeks at a time. Scoliosis. Love the game, but hate when the physical therapist says, if you're going to play disc golf you gotta throw right and left handed. Needless to say, my left hand shot is about 180 to 200ft with good glide. Sometimes, when I play with people's don't know too well, and we're keeping score I bet them to throw lefty knowing Ill beat them. Gotta some joy out've it, right?
Old 05-06-2012, 01:16 AM
* Ace Member *

Niced 4 Times in 3 Posts

A year ago in January, I had two fist sized rocks come through the windshied of my big rig in the middle of the night, thrown from a car going the other way. I was hit in the face and the right collar bone. I coudn't play for a few weeks, and I have never been the same since, Still got a nice scar across my right cheek.
Old 05-06-2012, 01:41 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 37.6
Courses Played: 79
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 11 Times in 10 Posts

soft focus for driving, eh. wonder where you got the idea for that.
Old 05-06-2012, 01:46 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 37.6
Courses Played: 79
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 11 Times in 10 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by medicinalfunk View Post
sounds heavy
and looks it!

Old 05-06-2012, 04:53 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 4 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUSSELL View Post
soft focus for driving, eh. wonder where you got the idea for that.

I got that from you RUSSELL , and it works. Thanks for showing me that disc