Old 05-09-2012, 02:16 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.4
Courses Played: 146
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 473 Times in 267 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Ensor View Post
If you can find a Nebula, it's supposedly very similar to a buzzz, with a little more overstability. I've never thrown one, just what I've heard.
I'm the unofficial Nebula king around here. I love that disc. It's basically a small diameter Buzzz with the stability b/w that and a good Wasp. Flight wise, it's more of an S-curve disc like an Eagle compared to the Buzzz's straight, Teebird type flight. Not necessarily longer than a Buzzz but if you want a Buzzz like disc that will never get flippy really, they're great.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Ensor View Post
A Flick is a good OS driver, as well as an excellent OH/utility disc.
The Pred is probably the most reminiscent of a good TeeRex that I can think of. The Flick is cool but it's usually more OS and more useful as a OH disc. It does skip like a king though but I think the Pred is more versatile b/c they don't dump fade as hard, more of a push forward and fade rather than a fade immediately kind of OS driver. Another good skipping and OH disc is the xXx but they're really beefy too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRONOFTHEDEAD View Post
Yeah I definitely saw the difference out there today with my buzzzes and the one stalker also threw a ti that someone had but it really only out drove the buzzz by about 20 ft. I guess I'd really like to see about 50 to 100' max more distance with a fairway driver. I just need to find the one that'll work for me. Any suggestions that will be reminiscent of a buzzz?
Try a JLS, Z XL or TL. A little faster, an OLS or a Star Orc or seasoned SPD might strike your fancy.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-11-2012, 09:59 PM

Years Playing: 13.7
Courses Played: 10
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

I was always a big fan of the tl but it's so hard to find those champion ones, and expensive. The star ones just beat in too flippy I'm thinking the beat teebird might be the solution but I was hoping to keep an all discraft bag in the hopes that a sponsorship might come eventually. Any thoughts on the xl, tracker, or maybe avenger. I know there isn't a discraft teebird just wanted any info on those discs since I've never thrown them.
Old 05-11-2012, 11:56 PM
Sophomore

Years Playing: 7.8
Courses Played: 62
Niced 45 Times in 33 Posts

My club might have some CFR TLs. I'm not sure the guy I would need to talk to is speaking to me atm, but I'll see about checking on that if you'd like.
Old 05-12-2012, 03:39 AM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 12
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

A Z-XL could be your longer Buzzz straight with little fade and turn.
Old 05-12-2012, 04:21 AM

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thanks for the offer Dan but don't go to the trouble. I think I'm gonna try and find some discraft that will work. If only the stalker just flew 50 more feet!
Old 05-15-2012, 01:16 AM

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Gonna go have a shoot out on the field here when I get a chance. Teebird vs xl vs stalker. Winner take all. Also I've been throwing old omega supersofts for years, does anyone have any thoughts on these vs the new anode. I'd kinda like to grab a putter that is still in production (never dug the new ss plastic) also it's ability to be used as a driving putter really gets me excited. Anyone have any thoughts?
Old 05-15-2012, 03:09 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.7
Courses Played: 74
Niced 27 Times in 20 Posts

I've thrown the Anode and I still throw the Omega SS. The Anode was a cool driving putter very straight and super long, but the rim was too deep for my fingers. (Insert small hand joke here) I never felt comfortable with the Anode so I switched to Omega APs and have never looked back.

Just reading your questions about Discraft drivers in your speed gap range, I would say the Avenger or Tracker will be a good fit. The Tracker will be more of long fairway driver that has a straight line with a good fade, and the Avenger will be a control distance driver with a good fade. I would be careful trying to swap out the Bosses. The Nuke should be able to give you better D, but it's probably going to be on a different line than you're use to throwing.
Old 05-16-2012, 05:33 AM

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagström View Post
A Z-XL could be your longer Buzzz straight with little fade and turn.
That's exactly what I was thinking.
Old 05-16-2012, 05:39 AM

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdw80550 View Post
I've thrown the Anode and I still throw the Omega SS. The Anode was a cool driving putter very straight and super long, but the rim was too deep for my fingers. (Insert small hand joke here) I never felt comfortable with the Anode so I switched to Omega APs and have never looked back.

Just reading your questions about Discraft drivers in your speed gap range, I would say the Avenger or Tracker will be a good fit. The Tracker will be more of long fairway driver that has a straight line with a good fade, and the Avenger will be a control distance driver with a good fade. I would be careful trying to swap out the Bosses. The Nuke should be able to give you better D, but it's probably going to be on a different line than you're use to throwing.
I've really wanted to take a look at all this MVP plastic which is why I brought it up. Seems like it might be the new thing, but only time will tell. I'm also thinking about giving the axis a go too. I use my buzzz for so much I figure I'll like the neutral midrange a lot. I'm thinking I might get the xl to work out great since I feel like its a discraft tl and the tl was my favorite fairway for a long time. Ive also wanted to give the avenger and tracker a look so thanks for the feedback.

Old 05-16-2012, 05:41 AM

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thank you so much for everyone's comments as well and for those maybe to come. I really appreciate your time and effort.