Old 06-21-2018, 11:49 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 23.5
Courses Played: 106
Niced 150 Times in 75 Posts

After being part of a course install in Ontario, I gotta say $700k sounds like a lot, but for a normal course that didn't involve any earth moving, it was about $4k per hole. Most of that was labor for the basket and pad install. Once you add any type of earth moving that takes more than a week or two, and any outdoor shelters or bathrooms you burn through that $700k pretty quick.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-05-2018, 12:18 PM

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qballs View Post
It looked like they would have spent the money on tee pads, shelter, moving some dirt. It’s an impressive course. Well laid out, good flow.
I disagree with your review, particularly the part about layout and flow.

There are 6 tees that are inside the 20 metre circle of the previous basket, there are 3 holes that require you to walk across another hole to follow your drive, and there are few facilities at the course, save a gazebo and parking lot for 20 cars.

I would say the concerns in this thread are all valid, and it's a shame that the Calgary Disc Golf Club, City of Calgary, and the Memorial fund squandered this opportunity and money on what is t even the best course in Calgary, let alone Alberta .
Old 07-09-2018, 05:12 PM

Courses Played: 1
Niced 4 Times in 2 Posts

I’m happy to have a differing opinion. Based on the size, I don’t think there was much more they could have done, and while some tee boxes may be closer to baskets than you’d like, there is usually trees between, and I always felt safe on the day I played, which was jam packed.

It was a heck of an improvement over any the courses I’ve played in S. Alberta and B.C. I’m back up next week and will look more critically.

Niced: (1)

Old 07-16-2018, 10:44 AM

Courses Played: 1
Niced 4 Times in 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockymountainway View Post
I disagree with your review, particularly the part about layout and flow.

There are 6 tees that are inside the 20 metre circle of the previous basket, there are 3 holes that require you to walk across another hole to follow your drive, and there are few facilities at the course, save a gazebo and parking lot for 20 cars.

I would say the concerns in this thread are all valid, and it's a shame that the Calgary Disc Golf Club, City of Calgary, and the Memorial fund squandered this opportunity and money on what is t even the best course in Calgary, let alone Alberta .
I played again there yesterday, the baskets were in different locations this time, and I would agree more with you, the flow was a lot worse, especially the back 8-9 holes. It did feel weird.

Lots and lots of thistles, hope they spray soon.