#11  
Old 03-31-2018, 09:03 PM
Grippenripp's Avatar
Grippenripp Grippenripp is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Morrow OH.
Courses Played: 6
Posts: 1,866
Niced 553 Times in 409 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmdaire27 View Post
How are those Prophecy flying? I’m really curious about the mold, although the huge diameter is a slight turnoff for me. Cheers
So, the Prophecy are flying super well for me. Very comfortable, glidey, easy to control. The diameter (.2cm.bigger than Roc) doesn't bother me at all, in fact I don't even notice it unless I'm reaching in the bag where it's next to others. The cycle was intended to replace a Buzzz, Wasp, Comet lineup, already they're workable enough to have done that, I've time the cycle will only get better and the effort it takes to throw the needed lines will be minimal. Great disc, awesome plastic. I'm happy.
Sponsored Links
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 04-30-2018, 12:37 AM
Grippenripp's Avatar
Grippenripp Grippenripp is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Morrow OH.
Courses Played: 6
Posts: 1,866
Niced 553 Times in 409 Posts
Default

All new bag after a lot of experimenting.

Putters:
PW Wizards for putting and throwing174g.
Rhyno 175g.
Mids:
X4 prophecy different stages 175g.

Fairway.
Felon173g.
Convict173g.
X2 Escape 173g.
TB 175g.
Eagle175g.

Drivers:
X3 Wraiths different plastics and wear.

I have a 169g. Archer for get outta trouble and a 176g. Harchet for rollers. Thats the bag for now.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 07-04-2018, 03:17 PM
Grippenripp's Avatar
Grippenripp Grippenripp is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Morrow OH.
Courses Played: 6
Posts: 1,866
Niced 553 Times in 409 Posts
Default

Another all new (and sticking with this one) lineup
2× Wraiths (moderate beef and mildy beat)
2×DD (C line beef, S line moderate stability)
2×FD3 (Cline, Doombird)
2×OLF (base plastic and worn, Sirius fresh)
Valk (Star, new)
TB/TL

4×prophecy (different stages)
Gator (Champ, fresh)

Rhyno(moderate wear)
PW Wiz. Worn.
2×PW Wiz (puttting only)
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 07-31-2018, 02:28 PM
Grippenripp's Avatar
Grippenripp Grippenripp is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Morrow OH.
Courses Played: 6
Posts: 1,866
Niced 553 Times in 409 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grippenripp View Post
Another all new (and sticking with this one) lineup
2× Wraiths (moderate beef and mildy beat)
2×DD (C line beef, S line moderate stability)
2×FD3 (Cline, Doombird)
2×OLF (base plastic and worn, Sirius fresh)
Valk (Star, new)
TB/TL

4×prophecy (different stages)
Gator (Champ, fresh)

Rhyno(moderate wear)
PW Wiz. Worn.
2×PW Wiz (puttting only)
I have taken out the Rhyno and am throwing the P3X now. Added another OLF so now it's 2 MOLF different wears and a Sirius that's still fresh. Gator came out in Favor of the Taurus. And I am now carrying 4 wraiths and a DD and have removed the Valk.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 07-31-2018, 03:29 PM
Brockness Monster's Avatar
Brockness Monster Brockness Monster is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Near Monterey, CA
Years Playing: 8.3
Courses Played: 20
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 351
Niced 97 Times in 67 Posts
Default

How does the P3X compare to the Rhyno? Are you using it for the same type of shots?

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 07-31-2018, 05:07 PM
Grippenripp's Avatar
Grippenripp Grippenripp is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Morrow OH.
Courses Played: 6
Posts: 1,866
Niced 553 Times in 409 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brockness Monster View Post
How does the P3X compare to the Rhyno? Are you using it for the same type of shots?
Yeah but it's got a bit more distance potential IMO. Its more stable also. I like it. Plus, no thumb track is better for me.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 10-22-2018, 09:51 PM
Grippenripp's Avatar
Grippenripp Grippenripp is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Morrow OH.
Courses Played: 6
Posts: 1,866
Niced 553 Times in 409 Posts
Default

New line up (removing high speed drivers and OS compliments)
OLF X3 2X Sirius freshy175g., midway171g. 1X Mill. Standard 175g.
FD3 X2 1X C-line worked in 175g., 1X S-line fresh-ish 175g.
Teebird X2 Star 175g. seasoned, 166g. fresh
Prophecy X4 1X Diamond glow seasoned, 3XProto Suregrip varying 173g.-176g.
Wizard X4 2X PW 175g. Putting, 2X PW 175g. throwers one fresh one beat

Going to rock this set-up for a bit and get consistent. Every time I have tried to simplify I slowly move back into a 10 mold bag full of discs I "had to have". Still going to incorporate field work with my D-drivers but they won't see any course time for a while.

Last edited by Grippenripp; 10-22-2018 at 09:53 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 10-23-2018, 11:37 AM
tampabay's Avatar
tampabay tampabay is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Courses Played: 43
Posts: 1,463
Niced 64 Times in 39 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grippenripp View Post
New line up (removing high speed drivers and OS compliments)
OLF X3 2X Sirius freshy175g., midway171g. 1X Mill. Standard 175g.
FD3 X2 1X C-line worked in 175g., 1X S-line fresh-ish 175g.
Teebird X2 Star 175g. seasoned, 166g. fresh
Prophecy X4 1X Diamond glow seasoned, 3XProto Suregrip varying 173g.-176g.
Wizard X4 2X PW 175g. Putting, 2X PW 175g. throwers one fresh one beat

Going to rock this set-up for a bit and get consistent. Every time I have tried to simplify I slowly move back into a 10 mold bag full of discs I "had to have". Still going to incorporate field work with my D-drivers but they won't see any course time for a while.
Have you ever thought about putting more stringent rules on when/why you throw your distance drivers? I've found that I get lazy on the course and over aggressive and start throwing PD2s for 200 foot hyzers because its easier. I assume you, like most people, only play local. What if you worked on charting holes at the local courses as having "driver holes" vs "fairway holes" vs mid/putters holes?

Just a thought. Any time I do field work or warmups I think "man, I should disc down more often", then I step on the teepad, get so thirsty, and grab a bomber and shank it 90 feet into the woods when I could have just thrown a Teebird

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 10-23-2018, 02:09 PM
Grippenripp's Avatar
Grippenripp Grippenripp is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Morrow OH.
Courses Played: 6
Posts: 1,866
Niced 553 Times in 409 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tampabay View Post
Have you ever thought about putting more stringent rules on when/why you throw your distance drivers? I've found that I get lazy on the course and over aggressive and start throwing PD2s for 200 foot hyzers because its easier. I assume you, like most people, only play local. What if you worked on charting holes at the local courses as having "driver holes" vs "fairway holes" vs mid/putters holes?

Just a thought. Any time I do field work or warmups I think "man, I should disc down more often", then I step on the teepad, get so thirsty, and grab a bomber and shank it 90 feet into the woods when I could have just thrown a Teebird
Yeah, that's part of the inspiration here. I also think that. I could benefit from more work with my core molds so if I narrow it down only to that then I will get more work with them also I will season some discs I have been wanting to get seasoned. I prefer to throw the slowest disc possible for each hole, until like you ssid I go for spmething too fast out of laziness. I hadn't thought about charting the courses, thats a good idea.
Reply With Quote
 

  #20  
Old 10-23-2018, 03:57 PM
broomerang broomerang is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Dayton, OH
Years Playing: 14.6
Courses Played: 24
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 692
Niced 356 Times in 168 Posts
Default

You bag a lot of OS discs. Might be part of the reason you're not discing down.

You need to add an FD or something. Next time we play Monroe we should do a speed 7 and under contest.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
jmdaire27 ITB 2018 jmdaire27 Bag Suggestions & Feedback 42 11-04-2018 02:20 PM
Herb's 2018 ITB HERB brooks Bag Suggestions & Feedback 12 10-31-2018 11:04 PM
2018 Hellbound ITB hellbound Bag Suggestions & Feedback 4 10-29-2018 10:25 PM
Grip Eq photo contest - win a grip bag! jenco General Disc Golf Chat 3 07-17-2012 09:36 PM
Nose angle issues in Climo grip vs. power grip dorseymatt Technique & Strategy 9 03-23-2012 09:09 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:00 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.