Old 01-15-2014, 06:16 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 10.1
Courses Played: 12
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 11 Times in 7 Posts
Question Discbusters---Base vs Primum Plastic: Putting

LETS PUT IT TO THE TEST!

After reading pages of useless swaking on premium vs base plastic last week and the many of threads devoted to this useless, oponion filled debate, lets set up a series of test to prove/disprove which plastic/putter mold sticks in the chains with fewer cut throghs and chainouts.

ALL TESTS MUST BE FILMED!

Materials:

Putters--if using multiple discs, they need to be the same plastic and within 2g in wieght

Basket--Regulation basket would be best, but any double layered chain basket will work. (NO SINGLE LAYER BASKETS if possible)

Radar Gun--Optional, but would help legitimize results to determine each players specific speed.

Tape Measure--15 ft(4.6m); 30ft(9.1m)

Mini disc--to mark the distacne (any item can be used)

Indoor Location--optional, but easier to keep variables at a minimum.

Video recorder--seeing is beliving

Procedure:

1. Inside an indoor facility, measure out a distance of 15ft(4.6m) and mark with a mini or item of your choice

2. *If using a radar gun, have the radar gun positioned at half the distacne from which you are throwing.* *positioning is up for debate* just be consistant

3. State putting style, disc, and weight range you are using for each session of experiment

4. Make 50 attempts with each putter mold/plastic, while having radar gun operatior call out speed(mph) for each throw.

5. Record results on paper *optional* bc it will be recorded

Purpose:

This experiment allows for vairous putting styles (push,pitch,spin, etc) to test the theory that base plastic sticks to the the chains better than premium with fewer chainouts.

Note:
To improve results, each person should try to use both types of plactic to give a more accurate outcome.

Keep the distance no longer than 30ft(9.1m) to help improve the success of making a higher number of putts.

Have fun and feel free to use discs you normally dont use as a putter.
The results will be more conclusive if we use a wide varity of companies and discs.

* I tested this set up using MVP soft Ions 172-174 for 100 throws from a distance of 15ft. I am a spin putter with a firm stroke *giggitty* and made 92 out of 100 with NO chainouts or cut throughs on my modified innova traveler sport.* I can try to record it but no real way to upload the footage at this time.

Anyone down? Thoughts? Ideas? or Discussions?
Sponsored Links
Old 01-15-2014, 06:22 PM
Free at Last

Years Playing: 8.3
Courses Played: 1
Niced 1,110 Times in 565 Posts

None of this matters, in the long run. Hitting chains matters. You're not going to hit chains if you're uncomfortable with the grip, or shape of a given putter.

Comfort trumps all.

Find your putter, find comfort, bang chains. Who cares if some spit out. If you're hitting chains and spitting out sometimes...it's better than not hitting chains at all.

Last edited by Halcón; 01-15-2014 at 06:24 PM.
Old 01-15-2014, 06:27 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 19.3
Courses Played: 194
Niced 123 Times in 70 Posts

............ummmmmmmmm.............nooooooooooooo

/thread
Old 01-15-2014, 06:34 PM
Birdie Member

I know, but if they are recording it and doing so at a short distance, people will be able to visually see and critique the archer vs arrow theory.

Many complain that the primium plactics chain out more when compared to base plastic. This way they have their chance to visually back up thier oppinion.

By setting the distance at 15 ft, They can aggressively go at the chains like I did while testing the initial set up. My misses were on the right side (RHBH) skimming the chains bc I was trying to blow up the chains.

I doubt it will make any diffrence, but it would be fun to see videos over pages of bickering lol
Old 01-15-2014, 06:46 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9.4
Courses Played: 128
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 7 Times in 4 Posts

What about the baskets themselves? We've all had those putts or shots that should've stayed in the basket but didn't. They are not a perfect device and sometimes good putts don't go in regardless of plastic type.
Old 01-15-2014, 06:51 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 20.4
Courses Played: 34
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Putting is so personal, everybody has to make this choice for themselves. Me? Baseline every time.
Old 01-15-2014, 07:16 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 35.2
Courses Played: 111
Niced 17 Times in 11 Posts

Film these indoor putting leagues to get your data.
Old 01-15-2014, 08:22 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 36.2
Courses Played: 239
Niced 1,528 Times in 671 Posts

Been putting with a soft Magnet for over two decades. I will not be convinced anyone can make a disc that will get me to the chain any more consistantly. Why would I re learn how to putt.
Old 01-15-2014, 09:19 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 83
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 5 Times in 5 Posts

all you have to do is get a soft pure and an opto pure. If you're right handed aim for the right edge of the chains. The soft pure will grip the chains and roll into them toward the center poll. The opto will slide off the chains and fall out right.

Old 01-16-2014, 01:45 PM
Birdie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ru4por View Post
Been putting with a soft Magnet for over two decades. I will not be convinced anyone can make a disc that will get me to the chain any more consistantly. Why would I re learn how to putt.
You wouldnt have to re learn anything.

Just film yourself putting with the soft magnet for 50 throws.

IF you have a stiff pro d magnet, you can film your self putting with it to compare the results of the two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrawk View Post
all you have to do is get a soft pure and an opto pure. If you're right handed aim for the right edge of the chains. The soft pure will grip the chains and roll into them toward the center poll. The opto will slide off the chains and fall out right.
Location, Location, Location!

This will be a big part to look for with those who have chainouts with a specific type of plastic.

By filming, individual can see where/why people are having chainouts with specific plastics, what putting styles they use and power level.

besides loction on the chains being a big factor in an experiment like this, disc angle as it hits the chains is also important.

The main idea of an experiment like this is to put to video that which is claimed in black and white text.