Old 07-19-2013, 03:18 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 20.2
Courses Played: 76
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 173 Times in 106 Posts
Default Approach Disc Slot

I recently have significantly lowered the number of discs I carry & I decided to add a disc in my bag just for all my approach shots. I usually just used my main putter for approaches in the past but I want to minimize the wear & tear on my putting putter. What is better for approaches Mids or Putters & why? What is a good disc to use for just for all my approaches that can be throw backhand & forehand?
Sponsored Links
Old 07-19-2013, 03:19 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9.3
Courses Played: 108
Niced 25 Times in 19 Posts

I have been using a MVP Neutron Tensor lately. I really like it's predictable fade and the fact that it doesn't seem to skip. Just hits and sticks. Love it.........
Old 07-19-2013, 03:20 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.7
Courses Played: 36
Niced 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscinFiend View Post
I recently have significantly lowered the number of discs I carry & I decided to add a disc in my bag just for all my approach shots. I usually just used my main putter for approaches in the past but I want to minimize the wear & tear on my putting putter. What is better for approaches Mids or Putters & why? What is a good disc to use for just for all my approaches that can be throw backhand & forehand?
I would suggest just getting a duplicate putter as the one you use for putting. This way you are using a mold that is already familiar to you, but not having to risk losing or destroying your go-to putter. Also, you will have a second putter that you can warmup/practice putting with.
Old 07-19-2013, 03:31 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 20.2
Courses Played: 76
Niced 173 Times in 106 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hammer View Post
I would suggest just getting a duplicate putter as the one you use for putting. This way you are using a mold that is already familiar to you, but not having to risk losing or destroying your go-to putter. Also, you will have a second putter that you can warmup/practice putting with.
I do have a duplicate putter of my putting putter that I only use for practice/pre-round putting. So I should just use it for my approaches? I hadn't thought of that
Old 07-19-2013, 03:32 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 89 Times in 51 Posts

Quote:
This xinfinity. I always keep two putters at least sometimes 3 or 4. My 2 main putters, one specifically for putting one for putt an approach, my long approach and stick putter an my driving putter. Putters are typically the best for approach because they don't skip. Soft putters work best if you want them to just stick on the approach. My opto pure is my forehand driving putter. I use a soft classic judge for long approaches and putts and hard classic first runs that do the rest, even have several back ups of each except the pure, just in case
Old 07-19-2013, 03:33 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.7
Courses Played: 36
Niced 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote:
I do have a duplicate putter of my putting putter that I only use for practice/pre-round putting. So I should just use it for my approaches? I hadn't thought of that
That's what I would do. Unless, of course, your back up putter is lacking in an area that you wish to change like stability, speed, feel, etc....
Old 07-19-2013, 03:35 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9.2
Courses Played: 35
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

I have multiple discs in this spot. Jokeri (overstable), PA1 (stable w/ fade), PA2 (stable no fade), Beat DX Aviar (turning/anhyzers).

Minimalists would hate my bag.
Old 07-19-2013, 03:36 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 12.2
Courses Played: 32
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Either this ^ or you could try to power down on whatever your stable mid is. That way you're not adding any more discs to your bag. I use my rocs and buzzzes for approach shots. You're not throwing them as hard and they tend to fly (for me) more consistent than putters do.
Old 07-19-2013, 03:38 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 6.4
Courses Played: 5
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
^this

Old 07-19-2013, 03:39 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 8.3
Courses Played: 47
Niced 33 Times in 22 Posts

I carry two anodes and used them for approach, driving, and putting.. Big mess doing that now because I can't use them to save my life anymore. I would carry 3 of your putter. 2 for putting and 1 for approach. That's probably what I'm going to do.