Old 11-02-2017, 03:52 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 12.1
Courses Played: 26
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 665 Times in 320 Posts

Teebirds in my Bag:

1) |Stable Teebird| Newer run max weight AJ Signature. Fades hard when it hooks up. Use it for headwind shots and things I want to finish left but not fade left as early as a firebird. Good for skip shots. I also use it for forehand rollers. I've also used a new Jen Allen Glow Champion Teebird in this slot lately, but have been trying to beat in the AJ sig because a beat in stable disc is lots of fun to throw.

2) |Workhorse| PFN Star *TB penned 172g. Broken into the sweet spot. Turns a little, fades forward. Versatile workhorse fairway. Any straight shot 300' and under, this is what I'm throwing. Also does just fine for hyzers.

3) |Flippy Workhorse| PFN Star S-TB penned 171g. This disc has been in my bag for 7 years now. Served as the stable teebird for a few years before becoming the workhorse teebird the last couple of years. Great disc, but it's starting to get noticeably more flip on it. Still good for straight shots, but requires more lateral room to operate than my current workhorse. Holds anny lines well without turning and burning. Decent for backhand rollers and forehand rollers that don't need to hold as long. #2 and #3 account for probably 2/3rds of my teeshots.

4)|Flippy Utility| Old DX Glow Teebird. I mostly use this for something I need to turn over immediately. Occasionally sees some use for rollers that need to get overquick. I probably throw this once a round at most unless I'm really hacking through the woods.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (2)
Old 11-02-2017, 03:53 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 1
Niced 54 Times in 34 Posts

Anyone try the Luster or Shimmer Teebirds?
Old 11-02-2017, 11:03 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 18.6
Niced 175 Times in 104 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfonseski View Post
Anyone try the Luster or Shimmer Teebirds?
I have a few of the luster. They are pretty firm but work into being really nice plastic. Start out pretty beefy. Almost like an 11x. Not as beefy as a brinster, but more beefy than a glow champ IMO.
Old 11-04-2017, 10:50 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 8.9
Courses Played: 59
Niced 129 Times in 73 Posts

I cracked my 11x KC Pro Teebird at this weekend's tournament

I noticed it on the last hole of the first round. I was very sad. It has a one inch split in the very center... ah my poor watermelon red. I couldn't believe my eyes but knew it was the end. It was lightly seasoned, very stable, and I had hoped would glide to many more birdies for years to come. It would hold a hyzer into a moderate headwind and fade out of 350' flex shot on a lower line. I often flicked it through the woods and with 250' FH power I had it dialed in how much it would turn or flip up.

Anyway, as soon as I noticed the crack I spiked flicked rolled the bird 30' to my card mate bud in disbelief to show/pray the crack wasn't all the way through the flight plate. Another dude on the card immediately said that was my throw and insisted that I throw from my now illegal TB lie; even though I was 15' behind my mini and was obviously upset about the loss of my beautiful bird when I rolled it to my bud. I quickly said warn me for a practice throw if you must jerk but read the rules before trying to "F" someone. Dude has been playing for 25 years, you'd think he'd be more sympathetic to the loss of a good solider by now

Thanks for letting me vent/cry
Old 11-04-2017, 10:57 PM
Eagle Member

Niced 112 Times in 72 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7ontheline View Post
I cracked my 11x KC Pro Teebird at this weekend's tournament

I noticed it on the last hole of the first round. I was very sad. It has a one inch split in the very center... ah my poor watermelon red. I couldn't believe my eyes but knew it was the end. It was lightly seasoned, very stable, and I had hoped would glide to many more birdies for years to come. It would hold a hyzer into a moderate headwind and fade out of 350' flex shot on a lower line. I often flicked it through the woods and with 250' FH power I had it dialed in how much it would turn or flip up.

Anyway, as soon as I noticed the crack I spiked flicked rolled the bird 30' to my card mate bud in disbelief to show/pray the crack wasn't all the way through the flight plate. Another dude on the card immediately said that was my throw and insisted that I throw from my now illegal TB lie; even though I was 15' behind my mini and was obviously upset about the loss of my beautiful bird when I rolled it to my bud. I quickly said warn me for a practice throw if you must jerk but read the rules before trying to "F" someone. Dude has been playing for 25 years, you'd think he'd be more sympathetic to the loss of a good solider by now

Thanks for letting me vent/cry
Sorry to hear about your loss(been there, done that, it sucks). Your cardmate should have given u a penalty for a practice throw if he felt like calling it, but you shouldn't have had to throw from that lie
Old 11-04-2017, 11:10 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 8.9
Courses Played: 59
Niced 129 Times in 73 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgamache8 View Post
Sorry to hear about your loss(been there, done that, it sucks). Your cardmate should have given u a penalty for a practice throw if he felt like calling it, but you shouldn't have had to throw from that lie
right, i'm still bummed... I got it in a trade with a friend and it made me happy
Old 11-04-2017, 11:29 PM
Thread_Killer :::crickets:::

Years Playing: 17.4
Courses Played: 41
Niced 656 Times in 371 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7ontheline View Post
right, i'm still bummed... I got it in a trade with a friend and it made me happy
That's rough. Lost a circlestamp Ontario Cobra recently that I acquired from a buddy a while back. Good inch+ gash through the rim...it still hurts. My roller game is on point with a freshy but the air shots just aren't the same.

I'm here because I was a Teebird hater for the longest time [zero good reason] and, well, now I can't see myself ever stopping throwing them. Currently bag a Brinster, team stamped glow T3, and 160ish slight dome Star. Why the hell was I so stubborn all these years
Old 11-04-2017, 11:31 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 18.6
Niced 175 Times in 104 Posts

That's one of the reasons I've moved away from OOP discs and plastics lately. Too afraid to lose them, and when it gets cold, the older plastic tends to crack on trees. And boy do I hit a lot of trees.
Old 11-04-2017, 11:46 PM
Thread_Killer :::crickets:::

Years Playing: 17.4
Courses Played: 41
Niced 656 Times in 371 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeCroisQue View Post
That's one of the reasons I've moved away from OOP discs and plastics lately. Too afraid to lose them, and when it gets cold, the older plastic tends to crack on trees. And boy do I hit a lot of trees.
May the chains of Sedge keep your SE Rhynos alive and prosperous.

For real though, yeah OOP stuff sucks in that regard and coincidentally I just read through your ITB thread. Apparently I gave you two sentences of advice five years ago? Anyway, I'll never stop throwing DX Cobras - nearly all of my shots with them are FH control/finesse rollers and not reliant on distance whatsoever. Seldom does an air shot even occur with one. Luckily with that style of use even one fresh old mold will last another decade-ish. Haven't held a current run DX but as of a couple years ago when the King Cobras first came out the DXs were plus rimmed like the "Ontario" King Cobra. Which by the way was totally NOT an accurate remake of the oldiebutgoodies.

I digress. /derail

Old 11-05-2017, 11:01 AM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 2
Niced 16 Times in 15 Posts

Teebird hype is, and always will be real.

Amazing disc.