Old 05-14-2019, 04:24 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 11
Niced 23 Times in 15 Posts

Forgot to write that proxy goes a little too far quiet often. So thats why im looking for something slower..
Sponsored Links
Old 05-14-2019, 08:05 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 12.1
Courses Played: 26
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 666 Times in 320 Posts

Maiden is a good throwing putter if you are looking for a shorter proxy. Lots of the burst ones around from the trilogy challenge last year. The moonshine ones are nice, too. I’ve got several of them from marksman putting league that’d I’d part with, but they fetch close to $25 at Facebook auction.
Old 05-14-2019, 11:22 PM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 16.2
Courses Played: 25
Niced 680 Times in 585 Posts

I would say the disc that is flying like an XD or Colt, as for me to use a Putter for forehand driving it has to be shallow and neutral to slightly understable.
Old 05-14-2019, 11:25 PM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 16.2
Courses Played: 25
Niced 680 Times in 585 Posts

Another Choice is the Putter that is Closest to a Gator in terms of the overstability and the glide but in a lower profile putter.
Old 05-15-2019, 01:04 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 11
Niced 23 Times in 15 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by XC_Eddy View Post
Maiden is a good throwing putter if you are looking for a shorter proxy. Lots of the burst ones around from the trilogy challenge last year. The moonshine ones are nice, too. I’ve got several of them from marksman putting league that’d I’d part with, but they fetch close to $25 at Facebook auction.
isnt tc version the origio plastic? iirc it doesnt hold up so well..
Old 05-15-2019, 07:18 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.2
Courses Played: 30
Niced 666 Times in 329 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by aphilso1 View Post
Frankly, I bag mostly Trilogy but not in their putters. IMO Zone > Harp, Envy > Judge, and Proxy > anything straight or flippy that Trilogy makes. I love Trilogy mids and fairways but never liked throwing any of their putters. They do have a bunch of solid putting putters (Judge, Crown, etc) but I've always gotten a cleaner release and/or been more accurate off the tee with other brands' putters.
That's funny, I feel like their putters and mids are the best stuff they make. I'd be lost without my Harps, and while Zones are really good, they're so overstable that they're not great for touchy shots when I tried one. Had to throw it considerably harder than a Harp to get the same results. Plus Harps come in Soft plastic that doesn't roll away. I used to throw a Proxy; gave it up for Wardens (straight) and Deputies (flippy). Won't be going back anytime soon.

I don't have a bad word to say about the Envy though, that thing's awesome and there's really no Trilogy disc I've tried that's as reliable.

Niced: (1)
Old 05-15-2019, 08:29 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 6.2
Courses Played: 79
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 24 Times in 19 Posts

Depending on how overstable you want to start and what you are looking for I would say either the Sinus, Marshal, or Shield.

Sinus starts out pretty OS and you can apparently beat them into fairly straight (maybe). Not sure about plastic options though

Marshals are my personal favorite and they season pretty well. I have a wide array of them that go in and out of the bag. The lucid ones are pretty stable but have decent glide, while the classic blends are great throwers for straight to understable shots. The primes if I remember correctly are in between the two maybe slightly closer to CB.

Shields are just like marshals but they might start out a tad more stable.
Old 05-15-2019, 09:30 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.1
Courses Played: 18
Niced 549 Times in 317 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoobyPls View Post
That's funny, I feel like their putters and mids are the best stuff they make. I'd be lost without my Harps, and while Zones are really good, they're so overstable that they're not great for touchy shots when I tried one. Had to throw it considerably harder than a Harp to get the same results. Plus Harps come in Soft plastic that doesn't roll away. I used to throw a Proxy; gave it up for Wardens (straight) and Deputies (flippy). Won't be going back anytime soon.

I don't have a bad word to say about the Envy though, that thing's awesome and there's really no Trilogy disc I've tried that's as reliable.
Zone comes in X Soft. Also, although I would agree that they require a little more zip to fly straight than a Harp, unless you forehand your upshots like I do and get them to fly on a rope at practically any speed you throw it (since a forehand seems to spin more on touch shots than backhand).

Old 05-16-2019, 10:14 AM
Par Member

Niced 33 Times in 32 Posts

Sinus is a great stable thrower, as well as the Harp and Slammer