Old 07-05-2019, 08:10 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.8
Courses Played: 46
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 3,387 Times in 1,462 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Putt View Post
Bitch and moan for awhile and then decide if I want to throw out of the shule on the left or the shule on the right.
Whichever one has the most shade right?
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 07-05-2019, 10:10 AM
Par Member

Courses Played: 1
Niced 38 Times in 25 Posts

I don't think you're ever going to get away with just cycling Buzzzes. That disc flies well on powered anhyzer shots, but it doesn't fly well at lower speeds. That slow late turn is very difficult to achieve with a Buzzz.

Some molds naturally work better for cycling. I would say that you'd be better off trying to cycle Wasps, but they need a stiffer baseline plastic to do that. The many Z Wasps I've had have never developed any significant amount of turn.
Old 07-05-2019, 10:34 AM
Birdie Member

Niced 184 Times in 92 Posts

It was interesting when Dave was describing what he thought the flight path of a Buzz, before he threw the disc, he was actually describing the flight path of a Comet.
Old 07-05-2019, 10:49 AM
*Super Moderator*

Years Playing: 24.6
Courses Played: 134
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 2,048 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcinmd View Post
It was interesting when Dave was describing what he thought the flight path of a Buzz, before he threw the disc, he was actually describing the flight path of a Comet.
I've hovered close enough to some Innova Pros to overhear what they were saying and I was surprised how completely oblivious they were about non-Innova discs. I would think if you were a pro disc golfer and a disc as big as the Buzzz came out that they would borrow one and field throw it to find out what the deal is, but it seems they don't.

Niced: (1)
Old 07-05-2019, 12:36 PM
Snowflake

Courses Played: 8
Niced 1,996 Times in 1,493 Posts

Quote:
I've hovered close enough to some Innova Pros to overhear what they were saying and I was surprised how completely oblivious they were about non-Innova discs. I would think if you were a pro disc golfer and a disc as big as the Buzzz came out that they would borrow one and field throw it to find out what the deal is, but it seems they don't.
I remember being told once that someone asked Paul McBeth if he'd like to try an MVP disc, and he replied that he couldn't because his Innova contract forbade him to throw any other brand of disc (i.e. he could only throw Innova/Discmania). That is probably a true story, certainly I have no reason to not believe it, and it's likely true for all Innova-contracted pros as well as McBeth.

Also, when changing over from Innova to Discraft, Valarie Jenkins Doss said that she was trying out the Discraft discs and that she'd never thrown any of them before. One would think that with her husband Nate Doss being Discraft-sponsored, she'd have tried some of his discs in some 'undisclosed locaton' in secret. Then again, she really might not have tried Discraft before switching.

TL;DR: due to contract obligations, it's no surprise that Innova players might have no clue about non-Innova discs....
Old 07-05-2019, 01:28 PM
Par Member

Niced 67 Times in 37 Posts

Quote:
The reason the Roc cycles so well is that it starts out HSS with that fade from the LSS. As you beat one in, the HSS stays so it doesn't really flip on you. It's the LSS that beats out first and you get essentially a straight flight. Keep on beating it and eventually it will start to develop turn. So you can beat a Roc from overstable to understable, and when it's beat into that sweet spot in-between it's pretty much just straight. At that point it's fairly similar to a Mako3, although it's a slower flight with more glide to it than a Mako3.
Crisp explanation. Maybe i will check out some roc's when i get my bh game going.
Old 07-05-2019, 01:55 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.2
Courses Played: 54
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 241 Times in 158 Posts

I'm gonna have to try out one of those Kastaplastas.

Old 07-19-2019, 11:55 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 13.9
Courses Played: 5
Niced 699 Times in 491 Posts

I've had a few friends move into sponsored roles and they've cleaned out their closets or so they say.. I think one guy hid a box in his Attic I can't see him parting with his Cobras but either way they both have taken it seriously and don't want to screw it up.

My Halloween envy came from a guy in California who got sponsored by Trilogy or Latitude.