Old 07-12-2019, 12:23 PM

Courses Played: 15
Niced 85 Times in 32 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellsbranch250 View Post

Side questions: When do they usually pull the baskets at Flip for the season? Is Leviathan seasonal too?
Flip does close for the winter, although baskets stay in for a few Winter tourneys. Leviathan is open all year round as is all Mason County courses.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 07-12-2019, 01:16 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 30.2
Courses Played: 142
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 198 Times in 86 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellsbranch250 View Post
My brother-in-law just accepted a position in Traverse City. So It looks like I’ll have an opportunity soon to bag my first Michigan Courses .
May I also suggest one of my personal favorites, Wild Haven. It's just south of Manton very close to where US-131 stops being a freeway. Camping and night play are encouraged. Wild puts solar lights on the baskets so they light up at night!

Old 07-12-2019, 01:43 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 5.5
Courses Played: 392
Niced 681 Times in 258 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Central Scrutinizer View Post
May I also suggest one of my personal favorites, Wild Haven. It's just south of Manton very close to where US-131 stops being a freeway. Camping and night play are encouraged. Wild puts solar lights on the baskets so they light up at night!
wish-listed, thanks for the suggestion.

Niced: (1)
Old 07-19-2019, 06:33 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.9
Courses Played: 45
Niced 195 Times in 94 Posts

I couldn't bear watching the old baskets at Mt. Zion in Ironwood MI sit and be useless because they still work, they're just a bit dated and don't have inner chains.

Therefore I have explored and discovered perfect wooded land on the east side of the hill to expand the course, and we now have 12 holes playable, and I just got 2 more set up, and just need a bit of cutting.

Natural tees for the new holes and no signage at the moment, but it's in the works. Udisc has the new layout, and I'll update DGCR sooner or later.

Hoping to be able to route the last four around somewhere in that area I found to get to a full 18 holes by September

Old 07-20-2019, 11:20 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 30.2
Courses Played: 142
Niced 198 Times in 86 Posts

Not a new course post, but Michigan related. Sorry if it doesn't belong here.

I noticed Brewer wasn't on my courses played list even though it was like the fifth or sixth course I ever played. I called up all the extinct versions and the oldest ones listed are the four color 9-hole loops that existed probably the last time I was there 15 years ago or so. There wasn't a listing for just the original 18 with those old Mach II's, so I clicked "course played" for red and blue because I think that's the closest thing.

I seem to remember having to get there before noon to beat the crowds, and hearing Metallica blasting from more than two cars simultaneously in the always filled parking lot. When I moved to East Lansing in 1995, you had Grand Woods, Fitzgerald (with the old bike cable baskets!), Hudson Mills Original, Brewer, Johnson, Cold Brook, Beauty and the Beast and that was about it unless you made it to Detroit and played Addison Oaks, Firefighters and Wagner. My how times have changed. (I always thought of Madeline Bertrand as an Indiana course being 1 mile or so north of the border).

I encountered Chuck DeVries at VIRA when it was brand new and he said he played Brewer when it was a post course in the late seventies. That would be one of my time machine destinations for sure!

Niced: (2)
Old 07-24-2019, 10:21 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 8.2
Courses Played: 109
Niced 29 Times in 13 Posts

I was back in Michigan last week and I while I was there we played Roscommon DGC. This site has it listed as having 9 baskets, but went we showed up to our surprise we found a 18 basket course. Looks like there has recently been a major course redesign.

Old 07-27-2019, 06:05 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 42.2
Courses Played: 225
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 106 Times in 69 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Central Scrutinizer View Post
Not a new course post, but Michigan related. Sorry if it doesn't belong here.

I noticed Brewer wasn't on my courses played list even though it was like the fifth or sixth course I ever played. I called up all the extinct versions and the oldest ones listed are the four color 9-hole loops that existed probably the last time I was there 15 years ago or so. There wasn't a listing for just the original 18 with those old Mach II's, so I clicked "course played" for red and blue because I think that's the closest thing.

I seem to remember having to get there before noon to beat the crowds, and hearing Metallica blasting from more than two cars simultaneously in the always filled parking lot. When I moved to East Lansing in 1995, you had Grand Woods, Fitzgerald (with the old bike cable baskets!), Hudson Mills Original, Brewer, Johnson, Cold Brook, Beauty and the Beast and that was about it unless you made it to Detroit and played Addison Oaks, Firefighters and Wagner. My how times have changed. (I always thought of Madeline Bertrand as an Indiana course being 1 mile or so north of the border).

I encountered Chuck DeVries at VIRA when it was brand new and he said he played Brewer when it was a post course in the late seventies. That would be one of my time machine destinations for sure!
I too am of the age that I played the pole course of Brewer, back in the day.
Since then it has gone through several redesigns. The current design is by the far the best.
Times have changed as well concerning the parking lot. It's not the rowdy place it once was, thank God. There are so many quality courses in the area to choose from now that Brewer isn't the only place to play, so it's not as crowded any more.

Old 07-28-2019, 09:13 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 49.7
Courses Played: 52
Niced 478 Times in 206 Posts

https://www.facebook.com/North-Bluff...5471964317068/

North Bluff DGC in Gladstone has been completed for a few weeks now, but apparently the Noc Bay Flyers don't feel the need to promote their own course on here, or anywhere else for that matter. Thank you Eric McCabe and Dynamic Discs Course Design for a beautiful and challenging course. Also a special thank you to Joe and Traci Pinar, Adam and Sam Williams, Brian Tourangeau, Andy Hillman, Robin Holmes, Ryan Edwardson, Kevin Loosa and many other volunteers who stepped up to make North Bluff a first class course.

Old 08-05-2019, 12:50 PM

Years Playing: 7.2
Courses Played: 116
Niced 2 Times in 2 Posts

Sounds like the course in Marlette will be closing based on description listed for the next tourney their. On course review. No idea on the details of why. Bummer.

Old 08-05-2019, 03:54 PM
<------ [YOUR AD HERE]

Years Playing: 10
Courses Played: 220
Niced 159 Times in 85 Posts

Anybody with the inside scoop on River Park in Benton Harbor?

It's listed as unplayable due to flooding...?

Are these still the current conditions, and if so what's the fate of the course going forward?