Old 07-18-2019, 10:27 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.2
Courses Played: 2
Niced 377 Times in 281 Posts

I currently have a Raptor, Anax, Vulture, and Avenger in my bag, and I'm gonna cut it to Vulture/Raptor, unless I fall in love really quick with the Anax. I've thrown mine all of 4 times and haven't really loved it, whereas the Raptor is my FBesque disc, and the Vulture is my OS CD, my Undertaker is my workhorse CD, and my Heat is my US CD. The Avenger is alright, but more Raptor than Vulture. I'll keep working with the Anax, but I don't know if it will kick the Vulture and/or Raptor from my bag.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-19-2019, 05:56 AM
Double Eagle Member

Niced 1,080 Times in 634 Posts

Discraft lineup in the OS 9-speed slot is crowded . . but it feels like that spot generates much sales

I need to really test all the discs more to decide with ones to throw. . have the Avenger SS, Vulture and Predator now. . still really like the Undertaker but hard to find a slot for it. . .but i Do have a slot for something between the Vulture and the Pred. . maybe the Anax will fill that. . .but the Raptor feels better in the hand
Old 07-21-2019, 08:15 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 19
Niced 176 Times in 95 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasOrion View Post
On feel alone I immediate thought: Vulture....then, Avenger. I still think the Avenger felt the best of those 3 though. everyones different so you may have success with it, but. Idk for me it immediately jumped out as "not comfy FH disc"
Decided to throw the flatter, light Anax today at Idlewild. It needs thrown to season in a little, but it is exactly the replacement I wanted for my test flight vulture. They feel and fly the same. Forehand is similar. Most overstable vulture in my bag.

The super domey Anax could be an entirely different beast. I'm not willing to find out yet

Niced: (1)
Old 07-22-2019, 11:07 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14
Courses Played: 91
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 986 Times in 494 Posts

The hype for the Vulture has quieted a bit, most likely due to the Anax, but I have noticed McBeth has been using that white sparkle vulture for most straight fairway drives. Especially at DGLO and the EO. Maybe he's slotted it in to the 'beat Anax' spot?

Niced: (2)
Old 07-22-2019, 12:21 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 20
Niced 560 Times in 410 Posts

I finally got out to test the Anax in the Field as well as on the course

Field tests: It flew like I had expected. Very close to the #'s. I would agree with them - though if I were to give it flight # and comparing to a Thunderbird that I do feel is 9/5/0/2 the Anax feels to fly a touch faster, similar glide, but a little more fade later in the flight as its gliding out. I would call it 10/5/0/2.5 - but being honest I think the 10/6/0/3 is really fair. That 3 fade is nowhere near a Firebird or a Destroyer. It held on a flat power line very straight, the glide was noticeable but not 'crazy'. The fade depended on the release angle, Flat power throw and the fade seemed more like a solid 2, but on a slight hyzer this will not flip up much at all and fades out fairly aggressive. I feel it would be comparable to a PD or a fairly OS Thunderbird or an OS Vulture.

On the course. Well, first throw with it I hit the pin...so whatever that means haha, it flew nice and as expected. I threw it on a longer 'bomber' hole mainly to see what it could do....i gave it almost all I had and it held nice and straight...nice hold on the glide...and reliable fade without it fading out TOO much, and it was in a great position only 15-25 ft shorter of my MAx D drive that I threw first. SO distance-wise I feel speed 10 is accurate, this flew nice and far especially when given some height. I think this disc will be GREAT for cycling especially in ESP - I can see this wearing into a -1/2 kinda flight after extensive use and even a turnover driver after LONG use. So I feel its a nice stable-OS control driver that many people can use and enjoy.

Last edited by ThomasOrion; 07-22-2019 at 12:24 PM.
Old 07-22-2019, 01:56 PM
**SuIciDe AnKles**

Years Playing: 8.1
Courses Played: 512
Niced 736 Times in 314 Posts

So far, it throws a LOT like a fresh Orc for me. Will be interesting to see how it beats in...

Old 07-22-2019, 05:28 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.2
Courses Played: 2
Niced 377 Times in 281 Posts

I don't know how Vultures season, but if the Anax maintains it's HSS, while losing it's LSF, it will be awesome.

Old 07-22-2019, 05:41 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 20
Niced 560 Times in 410 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILUVSMGS18 View Post
I don't know how Vultures season, but if the Anax maintains it's HSS, while losing it's LSF, it will be awesome.
I have a vulture that got REAL flippy on my to the point of I couldn't believe it. It was ESP but it was always pretty stable then one day BAM it flipped and just rode forever. I think the Anax is going to maintain it a lot...the wider diameter and overall just LOCK on the line give me hope it wouldn't beat that quick....but yes, time will tell.
Old 07-27-2019, 03:31 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 4.3
Courses Played: 178
Niced 655 Times in 434 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILUVSMGS18 View Post
I guess losing that LSF will be the key. I took out a new Anax and it was definitely more beefy than I was looking for. Ny impression so far is that is has a pretty dumpy fade (mine is a little on the domey side). I kinda prefer a Tsunami or fresh champ Thunderbird at this point, and a Big Z Vulture will stay in the bag.

Old 07-28-2019, 08:50 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 115
Niced 174 Times in 97 Posts

Small data set for both, but the Anax and Cryztal Vulture that I've thrown are nearly identical in flight.