Old 05-07-2018, 03:38 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 15.3
Courses Played: 24
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 700 Times in 287 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tampabay View Post
This hole is an example, https://www.dgcoursereview.com/cours...5/f91f29dd.jpg , the basket is listed at 490 (although I think it's a bit shorter) and I've had multiple looks at the two from lacing the moonshine havoc. a PD doesn't have the legs to get that far (at least when I throw it). I'm going to keep searching for my unicorn that is a match to the moonshine havoc.
I don't have that kind of power, especially on a low line. Looks like an absolutely sick hole. A look at 2 has to feel amazing. If you beat in a DDX it might fit the bill otherwise the Ballista is the only thing I've heard of having the fade to stay up on that much of a hyzer flip line.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-07-2018, 03:52 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 64
Niced 112 Times in 51 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by broomerang View Post
I don't have that kind of power, especially on a low line. Looks like an absolutely sick hole. A look at 2 has to feel amazing. If you beat in a DDX it might fit the bill otherwise the Ballista is the only thing I've heard of having the fade to stay up on that much of a hyzer flip line.
I really don't have elite power. I learned to throw really flippy stuff with hyzer so I actually just have controlled power. I can't throw open field lines to save my life. I think my max D with a FH competes with my BH (which is almost never a good thing). I don't see any way the hole is 490 as the crow flies.

But you are right, the look at the 2 is pretty wonderful . Might try the ballista on it next time I'm out there. Worried it will spike too hard at the end
Old 11-02-2018, 03:48 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 12.5
Courses Played: 51
Niced 269 Times in 170 Posts

Closest related thread....

Anyone throwing the Opto-X Havocs and can comment on how they fly? I understand Havocs are not the X/X/-1/3 they're listed, but maybe more of a X/X/-2/2. Wondering how they compare
Old 02-20-2019, 05:13 PM
Eagle Member

Guess I’ll bump and ask the same question. Any opinions on the opto-x havoc??
Old 02-20-2019, 08:55 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 1.9
Courses Played: 26
Niced 391 Times in 237 Posts

Never thrown a Havoc, but since no one else replied I'll give you my $0.02. My Lucid-X Trespass has much more HSS than any other Trespass I've owned. I love it, because I can crank on it and not worry about releasing with hyzer like I do if throwing other Trespasses near 100%. I also own a Lucid-X Felon that came out with a little bit of dome, whereas my other Felons are all flat. The L-X Felon is a complete meathook, compared to most Felons which are kind of "usable overstable." I also have an Opto-X Ballista Pro but haven't really thrown it yet due to snow.

If no one else responds to you, I feel like you can at least safely assume the Opto-X Havoc will mold up more HSS than regular Havocs since that's what other molds do in that plastic type.
Old 02-20-2019, 10:53 PM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 16.1
Courses Played: 25
Niced 669 Times in 576 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twmccoy View Post
A Tern or Crank would be the discs I'd suggest. Both have high speed turn followed by noticeable fade.

I personally never liked the Havoc. For me it would turn over and stay there. Sometimes it would turn so bad it would be an unintentional roller.
That sounds like a Mamba to what a Havoc is for you, if not that then a R-Pro Wahoo. I have thrown a R-Pro Wahoo as well my brothers one time and it just turns over. Mamba I have not thrown but I have seen that thrown by an unknown disc golf player that had a bad Disc Golf Backpack, the old Innova Hero pack with the really bad bottle holders for the price of the bag.

Last edited by Casey 1988; 02-20-2019 at 10:57 PM.
Old 02-20-2019, 11:59 PM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aphilso1 View Post
Never thrown a Havoc, but since no one else replied I'll give you my $0.02. My Lucid-X Trespass has much more HSS than any other Trespass I've owned. I love it, because I can crank on it and not worry about releasing with hyzer like I do if throwing other Trespasses near 100%. I also own a Lucid-X Felon that came out with a little bit of dome, whereas my other Felons are all flat. The L-X Felon is a complete meathook, compared to most Felons which are kind of "usable overstable." I also have an Opto-X Ballista Pro but haven't really thrown it yet due to snow.

If no one else responds to you, I feel like you can at least safely assume the Opto-X Havoc will mold up more HSS than regular Havocs since that's what other molds do in that plastic type.
Yeah, I have two LX Trespasses myself. Really like it. Was thinking of trying a OX Havoc to see if it could add a little more D.

I’ve thrown regular O Havocs, and they are notoriously flippy.
Old 02-21-2019, 02:18 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 19
Niced 46 Times in 30 Posts

I picked up a Opto X Havoc but have yet to throw it due to being pounded round after round of snow. I love Havocs because I can bomb them but I've been wanting a more stable version, so hopefully this is the answer I've been looking for.
Old 02-22-2019, 01:43 PM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocBottom View Post
I picked up a Opto X Havoc but have yet to throw it due to being pounded round after round of snow. I love Havocs because I can bomb them but I've been wanting a more stable version, so hopefully this is the answer I've been looking for.
Can't wait for the report back!

And I hear you about the snow... I'm pretty done with these blizzards

Old 02-22-2019, 02:39 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 1.9
Courses Played: 26
Niced 391 Times in 237 Posts

I love the solitude and peacefulness of winter disc golf, but there comes a point where it's just not worth the effort. We've gotten a significant snowfall every 3-4 days for the last three weeks and barely any of it has melted. I was having to contend with knee-high drifts during my last round, and we've gotten another 5" since then. We're supposed to get another blizzard tomorrow. I usually love winter, but this year has been rough.