* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.1
Courses Played: 48
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 785 Times in 534 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streets View Post
That's like asking if you dropped your Rocs for Maces

Why throw a Swedish knockoff, when you can throw the real deal?
Because they are better.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 09-10-2018, 05:33 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 20
Niced 558 Times in 409 Posts

I am always open to try things out especially when they're new releases - I tried a truth, I used an M2, M3, Compass, Verdict, I've used a Roc....I just like the Buzzz - if discraft could make a run of buzzes that are more OS than a typically buzz but not a BuzzzOS that would be killer - but that's either a Wasp or a Glow Z Buzzz - I tend to like the Glow Z's as they are nice n stable. but ive gotten some buzzes even max weight elite Z that are almost flippy - so idk - Buzzes are great tho, no denying that
Old 09-10-2018, 05:46 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 2,512 Times in 1,597 Posts

I think Emacs can seem magic for people who are throwing mids pretty properly but not super far, and they suddenly get extra distance or better low ceiling push. Then, the power point where I'm at, they are a bit more power hungry than other mids when I want to control them on different ranges, and I can just throw a speed 7 fairway to get their longer ranges on the same line. I kind of just get a weird power input/distance with them compared to the putters/fairways I want to throw, but I can't deny how good they are when thrown firmly and through some wind. Then bump up your power level again, likely to the range Twmccoy has, and backing off on them is still resulting in great flights, yet they can cruise super far so they are awesome again.

Emacs fly great and can be crazy consistent in some wind, but I don't like that lots of them need me to throw them 70%+ to hold straight at my power. There is some variation in them though, where some are more neutral to push down the line and others are a pretty firm HSS 0. Great disc though and I think if it's easy for you to throw mids 330+ I can see them being a staple in the bag for so many uses. I just don't like putting under 300' on them.

To be fair I've thrown some fresh Buzzzes that I thought didn't have much glide. I have been liking the Buzzz SS's I've tried lately. Maybe I just like throwing really neutral mids, or maybe it's the altitude getting to my throws. But Twmccoy's also at altitude.

Last edited by slowplastic; 09-10-2018 at 05:48 PM.
Old 09-11-2018, 12:59 AM
Verified Jurkface

Years Playing: 12.1
Courses Played: 163
Niced 2,210 Times in 1,037 Posts

No I ditched the Z Buzzz for ESP Nebulae a gazillion years.

Old 09-11-2018, 01:04 AM
* Ace Member *

Niced 658 Times in 519 Posts

Who knows. I may eventually bring the Buzzz back into the mix. The Truth is doing everything I did with a Buzzz before, but I think its a hair more versatile. The other mid I bag is the Pain. It like it a lot. It flies like a Buzzz but maybe a hair slower and with a much harder late fade. I don't really play courses where I need short, straight tunnel shots. I don't bag an understable mid.

The one thing I can see about the Truth that some people probably don't like is it has noticeable fade compared to a Buzzz. On a slower shot the Truth will dive left at the end of flight while a Buzzz would remain straighter. That said, I feel like the Truth powers down pretty nicely and I've had many gorgeous short finesse shots with it.

Let it also be known that I'm not really loyal to any one disc company. If a company makes a disc I like, I'll bag it. I know some people get all weird with only throwing discs from certain companies, but I'm not one of those people.
Old 09-11-2018, 07:03 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 8.3
Courses Played: 158
Niced 124 Times in 93 Posts

Sometimes you just need to add a fresh disc.

Niced: (1)
Old 09-11-2018, 07:19 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.1
Courses Played: 22
Niced 1,437 Times in 666 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardu View Post
Sometimes you just need to add a fresh disc.
Yeap, sometimes you just get that itch. You buy, you try, go through the honey-moon faze and then one day go, what the f*&k was I thinking! And then you go back to the old tried and true. Been there, done that.

But hey, it's cheaper and less time consuming than switching wives!

Old 09-19-2018, 01:38 AM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 5
Niced 460 Times in 223 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keller View Post
Yeap, sometimes you just get that itch. You buy, you try, go through the honey-moon faze and then one day go, what the f*&k was I thinking! And then you go back to the old tried and true. Been there, done that.

But hey, it's cheaper and less time consuming than switching wives!
Hilarious. This is exactly where I'm at. My honeymoon phase ended with the emacs and I'm about to hit the stash and my back yard bushes for my trusty buzzes. They have every right to be mad at me, but we'll see how it goes.

I'm still in prime honeymoon phase with my Ballista Pro though and it feels dirty pushing my Destroyers aside lately but dammmmmmnnnnnn I love it
Old 09-19-2018, 12:01 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 19.2
Courses Played: 165
Niced 422 Times in 190 Posts

The main reason I switched from Buzzz (Glow Z) to Truth (Fuzion) is that the Truth is more versatile on anny lines. With my noodle-armed "power" the Buzzz tends to lose altitude on an anny, which can be a problem if the ceiling is low. Buzzz also wants to pull out of anny lines and fade for me.

Truth holds height on anny lines better, and also holds anny lines longer whether thrown backhand or sidearm. When Truth slows down at the end of an anny flight it tends to pan out rather than fade. I find this more workable in the woods. I can also throw the Truth on a question mark-shaped line for get-out-of-trouble sidearms.

Yes Truth is faster than Buzzz, and maybe a little less stable. Too similar to bag both, imo, but I only carry 8-11 discs so I avoid overlap.

Background: My stable midrange history is Buzzz, Roc, Roc/Buzzz (added sidearm), Truth. I've been throwing the Fuzion Truth around 166 since shortly after it came out.

Old 09-19-2018, 12:37 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 19
Niced 46 Times in 30 Posts

Are some getting confused with the Truth and the Emac Truth? The truth I bagged lost it's stability quickly and was fantastic on anny lines and late turnovers, much like my older Z Buzzz(did not lose stability quickly). The Emac Truth I think is a great mid range with great glide and predictable fade. Compared to my much less beat in Buzzz, I feel that the Emac has a bit more stability and I'm able to get a bit more distance with it. I also think that it powers down very nicely and the same goes for the Buzzz. Both are fantastic discs and there is no shame in bagging them both.