Old 12-19-2009, 04:35 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.2
Courses Played: 133
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 4 Times in 3 Posts
Default Focus

I hear its good but I don't know, so anyoine having an opinion post it here. I don't care if putters are a personal preference, I wanna hear opinions
Sponsored Links
Old 12-19-2009, 04:43 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.2
Courses Played: 50
Niced 12 Times in 1 Post

I just got a focus in the mail last night. Seeing as there's about a foot of snow on the ground here now, I won't be trying it out very soon.
Old 12-19-2009, 05:49 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 12.1
Courses Played: 36
Niced 2 Times in 1 Post
Send a message via AIM to discjon

Just get a Wizard. Pretty much the same disc. Tried both, prefer the Wizard.

Last edited by discjon; 12-19-2009 at 05:50 PM. Reason: Spelling.
Old 12-19-2009, 07:31 PM

Years Playing: 18.5
Courses Played: 12
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by discjon View Post
Just get a Wizard. Pretty much the same disc. Tried both, prefer the Wizard.

Agreed, the Focus is a good putter but is very similar in feel and flight characteristics to the Wizard. Only downside is the ESP that I got (I don't know about anyone elses Focus) seemed like the flight plate was too thin. A friend has one that is a little less flippy but I haven't tried Pro D. I still prefer my SS Wizard or Banger-GT
Old 12-19-2009, 08:29 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 14
Courses Played: 199
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

I've been a wizard putter for a few years now, and after going to the ace race this year i was really surprised by the focus. It is 99 percent the same as my wizards. The only difference is the way the plastics beat in. Gateway's seem to season really well with the supersofts whereas the pro-d focus just kinda falls apart and warps/scars up really badly, but I actually prefer the esp focus feel to the evo or hard/med wizards. The ESP plastic is very durable and as a putter/approach disc, it will be very predictable for a long period of time.
Old 12-19-2009, 08:51 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.5
Courses Played: 20
Niced 2 Times in 2 Posts

+ 3 for the wizard, i had an evoltion wiz, loved it, but when ace race came around i switched to the pro d putter - focus- simply cause it gripped so much better than evo in the rain, recently bought a sss wizard
comparing all of them side by side, i can say i definately like the wizards better, in many ways ... but theyre all subtle
first off plastic
evo is indestructible great for off the tee's, worst for grabbin chains
esp focus is close, my least thrown, very slick, hardest to grip even dry
prod focus feels great in the rain, but the plastic falls off the disc easy
sss wizard, best grip/wet or dry, cold to hot, tough grippy plastic best 4 chains

i think wizards are better for me off the tee, it may be placebo, but they fly more stable and float better (not much difference though)

they are as close as any 2 discs i've seen as far as shape/size, but i think the wizard is better for many reasons
better plastic, original, tried n tru, and i like to support the smaller company (i mainly carry discraft though just not their putters
dont like the bead? they offer it in the same plastic(unlike innova they give them different names)
Old 12-19-2009, 09:07 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.4
Courses Played: 32
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Love the Focus!!! After the Ace race I went out and got 6 more so all my practice putters are the same. I use the ESP as a driving and approach putter and my main putter is the Pro D Focus. I did not like the lighter weights and therefore all of mine are 170+.

I have never used the wizard, and therefore cannot compare like other
people.

All of my other discs are Innova (due to initial ease of purchase and then subsequently memorizing their flight ratings) and these are the only Discraft discs I carry. I used to putt with the Aviar, but I now only carry one as an anhyzer putting disc. I may be trying more Discraft in the future.
Old 12-19-2009, 09:12 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 12.2
Courses Played: 40
Niced 9 Times in 8 Posts

I use challengers and magnets. Would it replace my challenger for off the tee? How's it compare to either?
Old 12-19-2009, 09:18 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.4
Courses Played: 32
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

I think it (the focus) is a little less stable than the Challenger and I have never used a Magnet. I actually won a Magnet in a prize pack at my last tournament and I will be soon selling it or trading it away. I truly like the Focus too much to try any new or different putters. This disc is great. The only drawback is that they will not be mass producing them in ESP.

Old 12-19-2009, 09:25 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.5
Courses Played: 20
Niced 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachQ View Post
I think it (the focus) is a little less stable than the Challenger and I have never used a Magnet. I actually won a Magnet in a prize pack at my last tournament and I will be soon selling it or trading it away. I truly like the Focus too much to try any new or different putters. This disc is great. The only drawback is that they will not be mass producing them in ESP.
i'll trade ya my esp focus for your magnet, i been wantin to try one of those too, what type of plastic is it? i was gonna start lookin round for em, hope theyre offered in flx plastic