Old 01-01-2019, 08:01 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7.5
Courses Played: 110
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 121 Times in 75 Posts

I am looking forward to trying a single-brand bag this year. So far it’s brought me a feeling of peace and consistency. I wasn’t expecting that. Maybe if I can stop chasing the “perfect disc” for each spot I can focus on playing better. On the other hand, one of the great joys of this game is trying out new stuff... so we’ll see how it goes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Old 01-01-2019, 09:52 PM

Niced 2 Times in 2 Posts

Switching main midrange to gateway prophecy

Currently in use is the compass, have one in recycled plastic that I was suppose to beat in; with Ricky leaving,I feel a little more free to try others, plus the disc didn't come in a plastic that cycled easy. Mainly used it to support the guy and when I started playing I had a major hate for beaded discs, not so much anymore. Have a diamond prophecy and has been working good, just need to get a sure grip one to beat it for a straight flyer.
Old 01-01-2019, 10:10 PM
Salient/Yikun Groupie

Years Playing: 7.6
Courses Played: 72
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 960 Times in 631 Posts

I’ve done a thing where Iake a brand exclusive bag to play with alongside my main bag every year. I did Westside in 2017(many of those stuck in the main bag) Innova In 2018, and I think 2019 will be a Gyro year. I have a lot of it already Phases and Octanes/Mayhem for DD, Motion/Fireball in the control class, Crave(need one more) and Matrix with Envy and Atoms to putt. Need to try a deflector so I guess I’m excited to see if I can shoot just as well with MVP as a mixed bag.

For the record my Innova bag was slightly harder for me, but the scores did not change hardly at all. It’s all archer as long as the arrows aren’t absolute bunk.
Old 01-01-2019, 10:11 PM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 16.1
Courses Played: 25
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 672 Times in 579 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papertrains View Post
Switching main midrange to gateway prophecy

Currently in use is the compass, have one in recycled plastic that I was suppose to beat in; with Ricky leaving,I feel a little more free to try others, plus the disc didn't come in a plastic that cycled easy. Mainly used it to support the guy and when I started playing I had a major hate for beaded discs, not so much anymore. Have a diamond prophecy and has been working good, just need to get a sure grip one to beat it for a straight flyer.
This is why I never base a bag of discs off of specific pro players, just use the players to get ideas.

Niced: (2)

Last edited by Casey 1988; 01-01-2019 at 10:14 PM.
Old 01-01-2019, 10:12 PM
Salient/Yikun Groupie

Years Playing: 7.6
Courses Played: 72
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 960 Times in 631 Posts

Forgot to mention some of the Infinite discs products, I’ve accumulated some points there and thought I’d throw some of them at their new discs like the Slab, and Exodus.

Niced: (2)
Old 01-01-2019, 10:43 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.2
Courses Played: 2
Niced 375 Times in 280 Posts

Probably a lot of DC, not because of McBeth, but because of my good experiences with their discs. I have a Cryztal Focus from Ledgestone 2017 on the way, I'm hoping to see how well it puts and approaches, since I'm bagging 3-4 putter molds and would like to bring that down to 2. Also the Corvette just because of the name. If I make Team Infinite (I think I made a compelling case for myself) I'll be trying to bag as much of their stuff as possible (hopefully they make a Roc-like mid that is truly concave, if not I'll just bag my Rocs and pick up a Taurus to replace my Wasp).

Niced: (1)
Old 01-02-2019, 01:08 AM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 16.1
Courses Played: 25
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 672 Times in 579 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILUVSMGS18 View Post
Probably a lot of DC, not because of McBeth, but because of my good experiences with their discs. I have a Cryztal Focus from Ledgestone 2017 on the way, I'm hoping to see how well it puts and approaches, since I'm bagging 3-4 putter molds and would like to bring that down to 2. Also the Corvette just because of the name. If I make Team Infinite (I think I made a compelling case for myself) I'll be trying to bag as much of their stuff as possible (hopefully they make a Roc-like mid that is truly concave, if not I'll just bag my Rocs and pick up a Taurus to replace my Wasp).
There is actually a team Infinite now? Cool, they could have one with the discs they are having produced though Innova Factory and the other discs from Innova factory being allowed. Before it was just a bag sponsor for players and if Not sponsored by a Disc Golf Disc Manufacture then you would be asked to use the discs from Infinite Discs.
Old 01-02-2019, 01:08 PM
Double Eagle Member

Niced 603 Times in 326 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrowBot View Post
Not a new mold in 2019, but I have a 171g champ SHRYKE!! that I'm excited to try out.

Have only thrown one SHRYKE!! It's max weight champ glow, and noticeably domey. Acts more stable/OS than I think a SHRYKE!! should. I'm hoping that the lighter and milder dome version will be a legit distance crusher, rather than basically flying control driver type lines.

However, with this Montana winter in full swing, it's going to be several months before I have much reason to huk a high speed driver.
Is there a specific run of Shrykes that make them SHRYKE!!s?
Old 01-02-2019, 01:14 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 17
Niced 263 Times in 159 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flick Maniac View Post
Is there a specific run of Shrykes that make them SHRYKE!!s?
looks like exSHRYKEment.

Niced: (1)

Old 01-02-2019, 02:04 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 2
Niced 480 Times in 307 Posts

I really want to check out a Tremor, and at least hold a bullfrog in my hand. For some reason my tastes are more exacting for the stuff on the outsides of the stability spectrum.