Go Back   Disc Golf Course Review > General Disc Golf Discussions > General Disc Golf Chat

View Poll Results: What do you find most annoying about the new disc golf scene?
Kids, damn kids on my lawn. It never used to be popular and crowded. 26 16.99%
The sun is hotter than it used to be! 17 11.11%
The attitude that Ed's dead long live McBeth.. Don't these kids know where we came from! 0 0%
Trading "hippies" for "hipsters" 14 9.15%
Too many discs! Back in my day it was a putter, mid and driver. 10 6.54%
The reclassification of my current distance driver as a "fairway driver" 4 2.61%
Mowed and manicured courses, back in my day the rough was rough! 3 1.96%
Thumber, tomahawks, OH.. That's not how a disc is supposed to fly dumbass 8 5.23%
Some 14 year old throwing 200' further than me. 52 33.99%
I've got my own complaint.. See below. 19 12.42%
Voters: 153. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-06-2019, 12:48 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 186 Times in 92 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscoe View Post
shade to shade?
I prefer just throwing to the next tee pad and dropping my stuff off.

A true veteran move, but not always the most helpful in scoring.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 05-06-2019, 12:52 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.8
Courses Played: 46
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 3,457 Times in 1,489 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscoe View Post
shade to shade?
damn straight

Old 05-06-2019, 01:24 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 18.5
Courses Played: 140
Niced 325 Times in 144 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripper View Post
How about people that don't realize being politically correct simply means using language that is not offensive? My parents taught me this way back in the 70's. They just called it being polite.
I am all for being polite. My parents called it "the way". As in there is a right way and wrong way to do everything...

What I meant in my statement was people that prioritize political correctness over logic and/or look for ways to demonize an otherwise ambiguous statement, much like your reply...

Old 05-06-2019, 01:40 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 17.2
Courses Played: 155
Niced 444 Times in 192 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Tuna View Post
I am all for being polite. My parents called it "the way". As in there is a right way and wrong way to do everything...

What I meant in my statement was people that prioritize political correctness over logic and/or look for ways to demonize an otherwise ambiguous statement, much like your reply...
I didn't demonize your statement nor was it ambiguous when you used "GD political correctness".

My issue is that logic and being polite (politically correct) are not mutually exclusive, as you seem to think.

Niced: (3)
Old 05-06-2019, 01:57 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 19.2
Courses Played: 165
Niced 423 Times in 191 Posts

I'm just trying to keep those snot-nosed 40-year old punks off my lawn.

But yes, I started playing object Frisbee golf with 165 Whammo Frisbees because disc golf didn't exist yet. And remember when the Aviar came out and seemed like a crazy fast and super-overstable high-speed driver.

Old 05-06-2019, 02:09 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 18.5
Courses Played: 140
Niced 325 Times in 144 Posts

If you can't see the gaping hole between "language that is not offensive" and people getting offended, you have much bigger problems than anything we're discussing...

Just because I'm on lunch and bored, I'll give you a perfect example:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Some Corporate Moron View Post
a NY construction company has rolled out gender-neutral “Men and Women at Work” signs. Plaza Construction began replacing archaic “Men at Work” signs at the entrances to their job sites as part of a “female-friendly initiative” that “encourages women to enter the industry by creating a gender-neutral workplace environment,” CEO Richard Wood told The Post.
There is so much stupid in this article that I don't even know where to start...

Archaic Signs: If you are such a delicate snowflake that you've never considered a career in the construction industry because the signs only indicate "men" working, then I'm not really sure you can handle a career in construction...

High Level Thinking: The whole point of the signs is to raise awareness in work zones for safety. If this world were grounded in logic, the new signs would shorten the text or use infographics to illustrate "People at Work" or "Workers Present".

Unfortunately, we live in a politically correct world where people are looking for any reason to be offended. So, as a society, we'll spend time on sh!t like this instead of dealing with real problems like our education system, welfare reform, crime, education, etc., etc., etc.

Old 05-06-2019, 02:56 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.1
Courses Played: 48
Niced 787 Times in 536 Posts

For me it's the laziness of the forehand crowd. They refuse to learn how to throw back hand and rely on crazy overstable discs to hide their terrible form. They insist on some glideless dumpy forehand when it's clear a backhand turnover is the right way to attack the hole.

Old 05-06-2019, 03:16 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.1
Courses Played: 12
Niced 843 Times in 462 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMantle View Post
For me it's the laziness of the forehand crowd. They refuse to learn how to throw back hand and rely on crazy overstable discs to hide their terrible form. They insist on some glideless dumpy forehand when it's clear a backhand turnover is the right way to attack the hole.
BH turnover is the weakest part of my game. That is due, in part, because I have a good FH game. FH has come a bit easier for me due to a lengthy baseball history. I'll admit that a BH turnover is occasionally a better way to attack a hole but most times a FH will suffice and is sometimes superior.

I don't rely on OS discs for FH, I can throw every disc in my bag both BH and FH. Can't tell you the last time I threw a Comet FH, but I know I can do an anny flick with it in a pinch. Generally I throw my JB Roach for those shots though.

Oh, and I'm not f'n lazy. I continue to work on BH turnover shots and even throw them when it counts occasionally.... with mixed results.

Old 05-06-2019, 03:22 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 29.3
Courses Played: 63
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 1,144 Times in 396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Tuna View Post
If you can't see the gaping hole between "language that is not offensive" and people getting offended, you have much bigger problems than anything we're discussing...

Just because I'm on lunch and bored, I'll give you a perfect example:

There is so much stupid in this article that I don't even know where to start...

Archaic Signs: If you are such a delicate snowflake that you've never considered a career in the construction industry because the signs only indicate "men" working, then I'm not really sure you can handle a career in construction...

High Level Thinking: The whole point of the signs is to raise awareness in work zones for safety. If this world were grounded in logic, the new signs would shorten the text or use infographics to illustrate "People at Work" or "Workers Present".

Unfortunately, we live in a politically correct world where people are looking for any reason to be offended. So, as a society, we'll spend time on sh!t like this instead of dealing with real problems like our education system, welfare reform, crime, education, etc., etc., etc.
Methinks thou dost project too much.

Niced: (2)

Old 05-06-2019, 03:31 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.1
Courses Played: 12
Niced 843 Times in 462 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hampstead View Post
Methinks thou dost project too much.
Yeah, he needs his privilege checked bruh.