Old 01-28-2018, 10:25 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.2
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 143 Times in 78 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by k2Keith View Post
interesting, i have the exact same issue, and i thought i was the only one, lol
You should see me play other sports: club golf I play left handed but putt righty; in tennis I serve lefty, switch hands after serving, and then play right handed; play baseball lefthanded; write right handed; kick right footed....basically I'm just totally messed up!

TripleB
Sponsored Links
Old 01-28-2018, 11:40 PM
Snowflake

Courses Played: 8
Niced 1,986 Times in 1,487 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleB View Post
You should see me play other sports: club golf I play left handed but putt righty; in tennis I serve lefty, switch hands after serving, and then play right handed; play baseball lefthanded; write right handed; kick right footed....basically I'm just totally messed up!

TripleB
I'm right handed, but I'm ambidextrous and can bat left or right handed and kick a football left or right footed. If I get the putting yips, I'll try putting RH with a left handed grip or putt LH with a RH grip. DG has been mostly RHBH, though...

Niced: (1)
Old 01-29-2018, 08:21 PM
Verified Jurkface

Years Playing: 12.1
Courses Played: 163
Niced 2,207 Times in 1,034 Posts

Quote:
You should see me play other sports: club golf I play left handed but putt righty;
Same but b/c no one's given me a lefty putter yet. I ****ing suck at ball golf either way though. I'm right hand dominant but I started playing ball golf lefty to work out the weak side.

--------------------------

Tursas is flippin' sweet, literally. Looking forward to warm weather to beat it in and see how it really compares to my beloved Fuses.

Old 01-29-2018, 09:56 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 14
Niced 108 Times in 59 Posts

Quote:

TripleB
lol, i understand well
i eat lefty, write righty, throw balls lefty but throw frisbee RHBH (or LHFH) i started batting righty but now bat better left. kick rightfooted. i miss the nail with the hammer equally well with both hands.

my mom is a lefty
i think everything i learned at home as a kid i do lefty and the things i learned at school i learned righty, but thats just my theory.

Old 01-29-2018, 10:50 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 13.9
Courses Played: 5
Niced 699 Times in 491 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrotherDave View Post

Tursas is flippin' sweet, literally. Looking forward to warm weather to beat it in and see how it really compares to my beloved Fuses.
Hey I'm glad you picked up a Tursas they are unique and sweet. Rock that mighty Tursas!
Old 02-06-2018, 07:08 PM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadair View Post
Tursas and Warrant have similar high speed turn, but the Tursas has a bit of fade. Thus, the Warrant will hold an anny line all the way to the ground, whereas the Tursas will flatten out of it at the end. Tursas might have a bit more glide also. I find the Tursas to be more controllable, and it seldom turns and burns for me.
Sorry, I forgot to thank you for your input!

Definitely going for the Tursas in the VIP plastic...just trying to decide 166g or 169g or 171g.

I know it's only 3-5 grams difference but strange question here: on a 60% throw does a lighter understable disc turnover more/easier than a heavier disc?

There are a couple places on my new home course where I tend to end up, needing an understable disc to turn for me at 50-60% power.

Thanks again for the comparison between the Tursas and Warrant!

TripleB
Old 02-06-2018, 07:15 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.1
Courses Played: 12
Niced 834 Times in 457 Posts

Quote:
There are a couple places on my new home course where I tend to end up, needing an understable disc to turn for me at 50-60% power.
TripleB
Flick a Zone instead, or a Harp.
Old 02-06-2018, 07:27 PM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by discerdoo View Post
Flick a Zone instead, or a Harp.
Still working on that shot, well, any forehand for that matter. Trying to hit that shot with a backhand right now until I can get some warmer/non-rainy weather and am able to get out and truly work on my forehand and get it consistent. Thanks for that input!

TripleB
Old 02-06-2018, 07:38 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 30
Niced 507 Times in 274 Posts

Quote:
I know it's only 3-5 grams difference but strange question here: on a 60% throw does a lighter understable disc turnover more/easier than a heavier disc?
Theoretically... Yes. However, you probably will not see a huge difference or any for that matter. Discs that are the same weight can also vary from stable to understable.

Old 02-06-2018, 07:47 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.1
Courses Played: 12
Niced 834 Times in 457 Posts

Quote:
Still working on that shot, well, any forehand for that matter. Trying to hit that shot with a backhand right now until I can get some warmer/non-rainy weather and am able to get out and truly work on my forehand and get it consistent. Thanks for that input!

TripleB
Just messing with ya, 3B. I shared your chase for magical discs for a while and still do somewhat. I daresay you probably have a shortish turnover disc laying around somewhere. Do you still have a Comet? That's my turnover mid of choice.

I've been playing about a year longer than you. FH has come easier for me due to a baseball background. Been working on form and have just now begun to consistently push BH drives past 320'.

If you work on your FH, you'll be better at it a month from now than you are today. Probably 50% of my shots are FH, I'd be lost without it. Most of my FH upshots are stand still so I'd practice those to begin with.