Old 11-25-2013, 01:34 PM
Sophomore

Years Playing: 9.5
Courses Played: 62
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 100 Times in 70 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkmanbrandon View Post
I am intrigued to try some DGA discs now. What are some other favorites for you guys and what do they compare to?
A lot of them are very unique. The Hurricane is a lot like a Destroyer. Rogue is a lot like a Wraith. Aftershock is somewhat Roc-like. Breaker is a Ringer. Reef is an APX.

My favorites are the Hurricane, Squall, Breaker, and Reef. Hurricane is an awesome go-to driver. Squall is the only understable mid I like (it's not terrible understable, and starts out very straight). It's pretty fast, and fills my mid and fairway understable slots. Breaker is a nice overstable putter with a pretty mild fade. It also fills my straight mid slot. Reef is probably the straightest disc on the planet. Any line you put it on, it holds.

I'd say the Tsunami is very Eagle-like.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-25-2013, 03:53 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.2
Courses Played: 13
Niced 87 Times in 43 Posts

Agreed on the Tsunami being Eagle-like. The few I have thrown have a slight turn to them with a very healthy fade.
Old 04-22-2014, 01:24 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 16.2
Courses Played: 226
Niced 60 Times in 52 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by notroman View Post
Tsunamis are great! I think they fly similar to a C-PD.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stupid trees View Post
Mine are dead straight with a big'ol sexy fade at the end.
Quote:
Originally Posted by threevok View Post
I have a ProLine 165g. Started out as a meathook and is now dead straight with a big forward fade.
Exactly. I almost gave up on Tsunamis. They aren't stable enough for a Firebird or Pred replacement, but they season into lasers w/ reliable late fade. My 8.5/10 165g Proline is money. I got it on eBay b/c it had a cool F-15 stencil dye (and it was $6), and now "Jet Li" is one of my favorites.
Old 04-23-2014, 08:55 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 9.6
Courses Played: 26
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

I just picked some d line tsunami's for $4.50 on amazon. I got the light ones the heavyer ones were $7.something. anyway they fly freakin fantastic. Not as os as my proline's or sparkle, just right for shaping lines.
Old 05-13-2014, 09:39 PM
Double Eagle Member

Tsunamis I've stacked so far:

147g D Line - I rarely throw it b/c its soo straight, I don't want to mess it up. Seems to have more glide, so I love it in a tailwind

165g Pro - Jet Li. F-15 stencil dye. My favorite Tsunami.

165g Pro - had it for a few weeks. Its almost identical to Jet Li, but a touch more OS, b/c its in better shape. Thanks Rol6566 for selling it to me. The other day, a city mower ran it over. Not with the blades, but he nailed it. I couldnt believe it. Now the leading edge is a little knarled up.

171g Pro - just got it used and its similar to how my 170g S-Line DD Hysteria flew. The True Detective "flat circle" sharpied on it might have influenced my eBay purchase, but I have no regrets.

173g Pro - Boy Named Sue. I dyed a Johnny Cash silhouette on it (but everyone thinks its Ben Franklin). Really, really seasoned, but not chewed. I can only throw it 80%, but when powered down, it actually flies like a slightly more OS SP Undertow. This has been a great disc to show me how they beat in. Basically, the more I use them, the easier they'll get to throw.

175g Pro - newest and most OS. Just enough for me and my terrible flick form. I did a shaving cream dye on it, which turned out pretty good. I threw it in a pond literally the next day. A few weeks later, I went swimming for it. When I found it, I fist pumped like I just nailed a 100' birdie. No man left behind. Unfortunately, it was the only MIA disc I found. Made me feel uniquely bad.
Old 05-13-2014, 09:41 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.4
Courses Played: 16
Niced 154 Times in 107 Posts

i've thrown SP tsunamis, but not proline. tell me how far that new proline is flying for you and what kind of a shape the flight takes?
Old 05-13-2014, 10:39 PM
Double Eagle Member

I threw the 171g about 330' today. That's about what I throw all my Tsunamis comfortably. I can push them out to 350', but I usually throw Hurricanes for that. I've thrown the 147g D-Line close to 450' on flat ground in a 10mph tailwind, but probably 375-380' consistently. Its my longest Tsunami.

The 165g flies very similar to a C-PD. The 171g is like a S-DD. The newest 175g is just a beefier version of the 171g, like a brand new S-DD. Sorry I'm so hung up on Discmania comparisons. The 165g could also be comparable to a Champ Orc, but the 175g is a toughy. I've heard Eagle comparisons, but I've never thrown one. How bout this one? Its like a Discraft Z Talon.

For lighter discs, the 165g Pros fight the wind well. I almost aced a 330' 10mph headwind drive that lasered the whole way and missed just right. The whole group went silent for the last few seconds waiting to hear chains.

Tsunami is the disc I'm asked "what was that?" the most. Its a crowd pleaser.
Old 05-31-2014, 05:08 PM
Double Eagle Member

I just bought a 1st Run Sparkle Tsunami. It has the Proline stamp on it, but its translucent. I don't have an SP, and this one caught my eye. Does anyone know anything about these?
Old 05-31-2014, 05:17 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 16.6
Courses Played: 1
Niced 144 Times in 100 Posts

tsumamis pair very nicely with the undertow as well.
IMO proline tsunami = champ eagle sp tsunami = star FL

Old 07-19-2014, 09:27 PM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stupid trees View Post
I just picked some d line tsunami's for $4.50 on amazon. I got the light ones the heavyer ones were $7.something. anyway they fly freakin fantastic. Not as os as my proline's or sparkle, just right for shaping lines.
All-encompassingly!

I've played 3 or 4 rounds with a new 170g D-line Tsunami. It started out like a broken in Proline. As it broke in, the fade took longer and longer to kick in. I'm to 30-40 rips with maybe 3-5 tree knocks, and it is deadly straight. My plan is to cycle these D-lines as my fairway workhorse.

Can anyone give me an idea of how D-lines will continue to beat in? I'm guessing they will eventually get flippy. Do they develop glide? The Prolines beat in to fly similar to the SP Undertow. I'm hoping the D-lines get to the point where they turn like a Star Leopard, even powered down. I want to be able to laser them 300' w/o a run up.