Old 09-26-2017, 01:15 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7.3
Courses Played: 211
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 53 Times in 30 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by _MTL_ View Post
Yeah, can't believe I forgot Barry......

But you see my point.
Yeah... we both did and the guy lives here! He also ends every acceptance speech (which is nearly every week) with, "Keep buying Beasts and Leopards."
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 09-26-2017, 01:58 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 14.6
Courses Played: 64
Niced 96 Times in 49 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by F. Howl View Post
I think this is the case.

Someone was questioning Tim Barham getting signature Cranks, but he takes down nearly every Michigan tourney.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ru4por View Post
Tim is indeed a very strong regional force, a good ambassador, making a positive impact on the game in the backyard of Discraft. Players in this area would likely see the disc as just reward for what he does.
Elaine's name could be the subject of either of these statements, just change the location to NC and these both still ring true, making the only differences between these two pros: sex/age and being located in DC's home state.
Old 09-26-2017, 02:27 PM

Years Playing: 16.6
Courses Played: 104
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

I just saw Ek at the US Nationals..and she still has the goods..I hope disc craft knows what they r letting go(a franchise player)..She came in a close second place in pro masters and would have came in 7th in FPO..IMHO..I would have given her a signature disc 10 years ago..
Old 09-26-2017, 02:32 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 35.6
Courses Played: 233
Niced 905 Times in 428 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pearlybakerbest View Post
Elaine's name could be the subject of either of these statements, just change the location to NC and these both still ring true, making the only differences between these two pros: sex/age and being located in DC's home state.
ABSOLUTELY!! But.............again, these are likely not the entire criteria picture. Discraft has obviously made the decision that giving EK a tour/sig disc was not best for them at this time. I don't like it, she has earned her chops, but it is not my money.

Old 09-26-2017, 09:06 PM
Verified Jurkface

Years Playing: 11.4
Courses Played: 161
Niced 1,757 Times in 843 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova P View Post
The traditional definition is probably not the one in play here. Let me get you up to date.

In modern internet parlance, particularly among those who oppose equality, "white knight" is a derisive term used for men who defend women in an online space. It carries with it the implication that the man is doing it selfishly and solely to attract the favor of a woman or women, and not for altruistic, political, or philosophical reasons.
I was aware of such understanding. However, I think it is unsatisfactory or perhaps in poor taste to rebuttal someone with "This is a stupid assertion" and "If you're going to be a cynical jerk, at least use the words correctly" based upon the very opinion based, non-consensual definitions of words derived from internet parlance. I don't think the statements you made (and were thoroughly "niced" for) were appropriate conclusions to make, in the same vein that a research paper that only cites Wikipedia appropriately argues a thesis.

From reading previous posts of yours, I think highly enough of your intelligence to expect you to craft better arguments and not stoop to the low standards of someone ranting about SJW's.

Old 09-26-2017, 11:43 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 8.6
Courses Played: 30
Niced 71 Times in 42 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by doink32 View Post
I just saw Ek at the US Nationals..and she still has the goods..I hope disc craft knows what they r letting go(a franchise player)..She came in a close second place in pro masters and would have came in 7th in FPO..IMHO..I would have given her a signature disc 10 years ago..
Agree. I met Elaine at the Canadian Nationals in Vancouver a couple summers ago. Class act. I wish her the best.
Old 09-27-2017, 12:08 AM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 67
Niced 457 Times in 119 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrotherDave View Post
From reading previous posts of yours, I think highly enough of your intelligence to expect you to craft better arguments and not stoop to the low standards of someone ranting about SJW's.
I code switch as necessary, depending on the audience.
Old 09-27-2017, 02:12 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 10.3
Courses Played: 134
Niced 93 Times in 29 Posts

when this thread reaches 200 replies i'll start kneeling for women in disc golf to be treated equal to men disc golfers
Old 09-27-2017, 05:26 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 34.6
Niced 20 Times in 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazedOrangeHat View Post
when this thread reaches 200 replies i'll start kneeling for women in disc golf to be treated equal to men disc golfers
Well, since you sound like someone whose knuckles drag on the ground when they walk, kneeling won’t be much of a problem for you.

Old 09-27-2017, 08:23 AM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 12
Niced 130 Times in 93 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTacoma03 View Post
No dude, a white knight saves (specifically) the damsel in distress and makes her swoon. The Black Knight is the other male who desires to own the female through force, whereas the White Knight seeks to employ virtue to curry favor.

In all of this, the woman has no choice. She is the prize fought over by the chivalrous male and the primal male, but make no mistake that it is the males who hold the power. The woman is powerless to rescue herself, or make her own choices.

Nova hit the nail on the head with that interpretation.
No I am pretty sure the black knight is the one yelling it is only a flesh wound.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk