Old 02-01-2015, 12:41 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 8
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

Icon Bandits start out a lot like Valks. But as they break in, I've found they lose a lot more HSS than LSS; which (I think) is why they're getting compared to Leopards more than Valks (some turn, little fade). FWIW, the first run Bandits were known to be more understable than later run Bandits, so that might be worth consideration too.

I throw a lot of Patriots, they're one of my favorite all time molds. Legacy recently did a run of Patriots in Excel plastic. These discs are a ton of fun to throw for long turnovers (If you're looking for a longer DX/beat Leopard). Icon/Pinnacle Patriots take several months to break in (for me) before they are reliable turnover discs. They start out closer to a semi-beat teebird/TL... very straight & glidey with minimal fade. FWIW, on good days I can get them out to 350', but I'm usually throwing them around 320'.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-01-2015, 12:54 PM
*Hiding in Mike C's Closet*

Years Playing: 16
Courses Played: 27
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 115 Times in 70 Posts

None of Legacy molds are clones of anything, hold any of them up to a similar mold that you claim to be a "clone" of and you will see clear differences. Yea the molds fly like some other molds, but that's really disrespectful to the guys who put in the work to design a mold of their own and then you just call it a clone.

Innova, Discraft, Trilogy combined have like 500 molds of every flight you could imagine, obviously something another company makes will fly similar to something they have.. but these are not "stolen" or "cloned". People need to stop that nonsense.

I'm sure Legacy takes molds from other companies that Rico and others on the team love to throw and they ask "What would make this a better disc" then they go to the drawing board and design something of their own.

A company can't release a disc today without it being similar to something out there that already exists. Everyone should start using the words "similar to" instead of cloned, stolen, copied, etc.. Very disrespectful to the people who put in hard work to make these molds.

----- ^ That said.

The Bandit has more turn to it out of the box than i would picutre a "longer patriot" to have and clearly the patriot would be more similar to a leopard speed wise, but if you are looking for something longer and maybe more similar to a fresh leopard, i know DGBM just released some Legend bandits and those might be a good choice to try out.

Last edited by in4d; 02-01-2015 at 12:57 PM.
Old 02-01-2015, 12:58 PM
Bending Rodriguez

Years Playing: 14.1
Courses Played: 120
Niced 9 Times in 8 Posts
Send a message via AIM to B3NDER

I'm sure they're not getting butthurt over the word "clone" quite like you are.

MAAAAAYBE if they weren't making a dime and their products were junk, but that's not the case. I'm sure the Rico's and company aren't shedding tears over the use of the word clone. They set out to improve upon already proven results, and it seems they are doing that just fine.

IT. WILL. BE. OKAY.

Niced: (1)
Old 02-01-2015, 01:04 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.3
Courses Played: 16
Niced 154 Times in 107 Posts

My pink patriots are flippy. So I guess you Could say they're more like leopards.
Old 02-01-2015, 01:07 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.3
Courses Played: 16
Niced 154 Times in 107 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by in4d View Post
lots of butthurt stuff about clones.

Says the guy who tried to tell me it was pointless to switch from ghosts to rocs because they're the same disc.

Legacy makes great discs. Some of them are clones. It's okay.

Niced: (1)
Old 02-01-2015, 01:12 PM
Michael Moore Fan Club President

Years Playing: 28.3
Courses Played: 58
Niced 8 Times in 6 Posts

If the Bandit is like anything it's a speed 9 Tern. It has a similar convex then concave lower wing going on.
Both glide amazingly.
Old 02-01-2015, 01:15 PM
Bending Rodriguez

Years Playing: 14.1
Courses Played: 120
Niced 9 Times in 8 Posts
Send a message via AIM to B3NDER

Just like last year MVP was the end All answer for disc golf superiority. Just because you want to jump all over the legacy bandwagon doesn't mean you have to act offended when something is said, that is basically public knowledge.

We KNOW that legacy clones discs, yet we don't get upset. I will still #buywithconfidence
Old 02-01-2015, 01:42 PM
*Hiding in Mike C's Closet*

Years Playing: 16
Courses Played: 27
Niced 115 Times in 70 Posts

Omg, I'm not offended at all lol, you guys twist things unbelievably. I just think its disrespectful, i have been guilty of it myself but that was only because i was uneducated on the facts of the matter till now. Sorry for being thoughtful and using the golden rule. I have actually talked with some of the guys involved and I know it bothers them when people refer to everything they make as a "clone" because they aren't.
Old 02-01-2015, 01:48 PM
Salient Disc Test Team

Years Playing: 14.4
Courses Played: 214
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 1,233 Times in 620 Posts

People say the Wasp is a Roc clone. Anyone that's thrown both knows better. There are many terms in this sport that are misused, and 'clone' is one of them. It's not meant with disrespect, but perhaps 'competitor' is a better term.

Old 02-01-2015, 01:55 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.7
Courses Played: 46
Niced 3,061 Times in 1,331 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodachrome View Post
Says the guy who tried to tell me it was pointless to switch from ghosts to rocs because they're the same disc.

Legacy makes great discs. Some of them are clones. It's okay.
LOL they are NOT the same disc.