Old 04-14-2018, 09:06 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.1
Courses Played: 48
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 784 Times in 533 Posts

I throw low, so I had to drop it due to its lack of glide. May revisit due to boredom.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-14-2018, 10:13 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 13.9
Courses Played: 5
Niced 699 Times in 491 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alzyurpalz View Post
I don't love the way it fits in my hand but I do like that it just does what I tell it to. so if it just hyzers out on me, I know that I put too much hyzer on it, because I know it's not a meathook or anything like that.

Hate to be that guy but it makes me want to check out more MVP stuff. Just really like the way this disc flies.
Haha I am that guy! I had one of the second run Ions bought it straight off Brad on eBay.... Now my whole bag is Gyro (except for a Firebird, a Comet or Tursas).

Another one of their awesome molds is the Relay fairway driver I haven't seen anyone dissatisfied with them... bigger drivers depends on your distance and what you like as to what will fit... there's lots of guys in the MVP official thread that would be happy to help you feed your addiction with advice.

One of the things I like most about mvp / axiom is being able to jump molds in the same rim / speed class and get something a touch less or more stable, there's a bit of overlap mold to mold but often in the description they say stuff like "flies like a broken in -------".

Also their lightweight discs are amazing without being flip turds.

Last edited by ThrowaEnvy; 04-14-2018 at 10:15 AM.
Old 04-15-2018, 10:34 PM
Bogey Member

Niced 27 Times in 17 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrowaEnvy View Post
Haha I am that guy! I had one of the second run Ions bought it straight off Brad on eBay.... Now my whole bag is Gyro (except for a Firebird, a Comet or Tursas).

Another one of their awesome molds is the Relay fairway driver I haven't seen anyone dissatisfied with them... bigger drivers depends on your distance and what you like as to what will fit... there's lots of guys in the MVP official thread that would be happy to help you feed your addiction with advice.

One of the things I like most about mvp / axiom is being able to jump molds in the same rim / speed class and get something a touch less or more stable, there's a bit of overlap mold to mold but often in the description they say stuff like "flies like a broken in -------".

Also their lightweight discs are amazing without being flip turds.
I try to keep it simple with my bag, and use a few core stable molds and throw some flippier ones where they fit in. I putt Voodoo's, throw rocs, alphas, and Wraiths. Also looking for something in that wraith speed class that will reliably flip up from hyzer, turn a bit, and fade back.
Old 04-15-2018, 11:08 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 13.9
Courses Played: 5
Niced 699 Times in 491 Posts

The Photon is close to the Wraith on the flight chart from Marshall street... probably similar to a champ wraith.. If you are throwing a dx wraith it might be more like a vanish or Wave. I'm not a wraith guy.. Best to post your distance etc in the mvp thread and see what the other guys say.

I really like my 145g photon fission pretty stable finish.. For me at 325' I'd throw a 160 Inertia for that flight.
Old 04-15-2018, 11:48 PM
Verified Jurkface

Years Playing: 12.1
Courses Played: 163
Niced 2,209 Times in 1,036 Posts

Quote:
I try to keep it simple with my bag, and use a few core stable molds and throw some flippier ones where they fit in. I putt Voodoo's, throw rocs, alphas, and Wraiths. Also looking for something in that wraith speed class that will reliably flip up from hyzer, turn a bit, and fade back.
Axiom Wrath? Or do you want something a little flippier than a Wraith to complement it?

Old 04-16-2018, 12:58 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.1
Courses Played: 52
Niced 3,943 Times in 2,096 Posts

Quote:
WHat weight do you usually throw in drivers? If you don't mind slightly lighter discs, you can get Fission plastic Photons up to 165g(ish). That plastic is less beefy than the regular premiums and will season faster also, but not so fast that you have to replace them often(the neutron and proton plastics take years to break in unless you are hammering them into walls, lol). Its a blizzard/air/Z-lite type plastic but is way better, imo. That will probably be the closest thing to a nicely seasoned but not beat up wraith.

Last edited by brutalbrutus; 04-16-2018 at 01:01 AM.