Old 11-28-2021, 10:22 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 37.1
Courses Played: 75
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 215 Times in 71 Posts

Since you said it was a friend and a pdga sanctioned round . . . if it was me I'd print out a copy of the round scores/ratings, write our two names real big, highlighter the scores/ratings, laminate it, punch a hole in it and hang it on my bag.

Then every time someone sees it they'll ask you: "what is that for?" And you tell them it's from the time you thumped your buddy and he claimed he didn't have his bag tag on him so you made this.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 11-28-2021, 11:00 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 16.6
Courses Played: 90
Niced 105 Times in 60 Posts

The rule is that the tags gave to be gathered before the round and held by someone who will then redistribute those tags at the end. If a players doesn’t bring their tag, then it’s not in play.

Old 11-28-2021, 11:41 AM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 1.8
Courses Played: 1
Niced 39 Times in 15 Posts

He's obviously lying that the tag is at home. Did he leave his whole bag at home?

This behavior will continue if it's ignored. You need to tell the other league members.

Old 11-28-2021, 07:04 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 17.5
Courses Played: 102
Niced 3,324 Times in 1,349 Posts

This is a good learning experience IMHO in establishing expectations BEFORE the round begins especially in casual rounds. In this case, even if it is a PDGA sanctioned round the tags are what could be considered a "side game" to the official PDGA event. So if its an official tag round then that should be declared before the round begins. In our league, tag rounds must be declared before the round starts. This year we went with "virtual" tags where everything was tracked online and players were given a tag with a QR code to the disc golf scene site league page. But in previous years with regular tags it was required that all tags be present and at the course prior to the round starting. This, "I'll give you the tag next time I see you 'cause its at home" turns into chaos really quick and is akin to herding cats.

Quite frankly, if everyone agreed that it was a tag round at the start and the guy left it at home and then says it doesn't count is a fairly douche-nozzle kinda thing to do. He needs to make a concerted effort to get you the right tag...