Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.3
Courses Played: 5
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 570 Times in 314 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parbequeue View Post
Quick question on dingle arm.

You say In a true pendulum swing there’s no hugging that can happen. Does that mean the torso / core /shoulders never really rotate back? (Would be considered rounding?). The feeling of the backswing when dingle arming and the feeling of really turning back with the shoulders and twisted core are very similar - what is right and what is wrong? Or is it not that black and white.

Trying to limit my head movement (that sounds bad...) makes things feel less free wheeling and dynamic. I find it difficult to get onto the front leg and have my leading shoulder raise up when doing so. I think it has something to do with how I’m moving between the feet, I look very upright in comparison to you. Lead with butt more/hersh?

Not sure if this will help, but I’ve been having a lot of success lately doing the swing drills he does here at the beginning, but using a bat instead of a golf club. Mistake I had made before was I was just trying to swing the bat really hard one handed. Now I’m realizing I should be tossing/throwing the bat. My field work starts with doing these swing drills at the beginning and actually tossing the bat. Even with the hammer I found myself trying to muscle it out there, but for some reason with the bat it feels really natural to let my body and momentum toss it out there. I was going to post a vid in my form thread tomorrow to see if I’m on the right track but figured I’d share it with you since it’s allowed me to feel the dinglearm more naturally than anything else has.

https://youtu.be/7IFO7J3AV5Y
Sponsored Links

Niced: (2)