Old 11-13-2015, 04:30 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.6
Courses Played: 265
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 38 Times in 25 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1978 View Post
Andy Wiler and I beat her (Madison)at spike ball at least twice in a row!!! There is video evidence of us beating Madison, you'll have to take our word on beating Paige as well.
5:50 :-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9KW...hZ-w2x4Ew-Dlg9
Sponsored Links
Old 11-13-2015, 05:25 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 8.7
Courses Played: 58
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

I could picture Innova offering her a sweet ride in which to tour next year.
Old 11-13-2015, 05:55 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 19.6
Courses Played: 142
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 80 Times in 61 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1978 View Post
Izak (14YO), Anthony (15Y/O), (Gavin 17 Y/O) are Innova players. I think Innova has the young 19 and under talent locked up. No offense to Austin but I've played with a bunch of them now. I'd say Innova has a strong stable, probably stronger than Discraft. Remember, we were in Discrafts neck of the woods. I would expect a strong showing from their sponsored players. All they need to do is keep McBeth and they have some of those guys locked up for life.
Don't disagree that Innova is in the lead. I do think Discraft is in a way better place with their youth team than they have been in a long time. The lost everyone from the 20 something crowd (Paige, Jerm, Cale) that were top 20 caliber. The only names that have are Doss, MJ, Lizz Carr and Elaine King. They are all 30+.
Old 11-13-2015, 08:11 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.5
Courses Played: 112
Niced 2 Times in 2 Posts

My prediction is we all talk about this way too long, and then are all disappointed in the end withe the lack of movement overall. I guess much of that will depend on what Paige does. Offers are flying around right now. I hear Latitude is offering the best deals.
Old 11-15-2015, 10:59 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 24.7
Courses Played: 4
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 82 Times in 57 Posts

Paige has sold a few team stamped Innova discs on FB. Either she has her first testers or she is selling gifts from friends.
Old 11-15-2015, 11:41 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 12.8
Courses Played: 99
Niced 67 Times in 37 Posts

No matter what company it is (if it's not prodigy) wouldn't it be tough to go out and play with the new discs? When would you get a chance to play solo without people at least hanging around watching, and noticing the new plastic
Old 11-15-2015, 11:48 AM
Free at Last

Years Playing: 6.8
Courses Played: 1
Niced 381 Times in 225 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenga54 View Post
No matter what company it is (if it's not prodigy) wouldn't it be tough to go out and play with the new discs? When would you get a chance to play solo without people at least hanging around watching, and noticing the new plastic
Depending on where, when, and who she plays with, she might go unnoticed on the course.
Old 11-15-2015, 11:53 AM
Birdie Member

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Paige (or anyone else) could go to a field and get a rough idea and go to the course and be decent pretty quick IMO. I can't remember the pro, but there was an interview where he said by the 5th throw he knew what the disc was going to do and all that was left was to season them. I'm sure that is pretty extreme, but I can't see it taking months to get used to a few discs. She only throws a handful of molds to begin with.
Old 11-15-2015, 11:59 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.8
Courses Played: 86
Niced 3 Times in 3 Posts

#winedNdined

Old 11-15-2015, 12:28 PM
Salient/Yikun Groupie

Years Playing: 6.1
Courses Played: 62
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 293 Times in 233 Posts

I was curious about this, and as a 945 player this isn't the same as a top pro, but I pulled every disc out of my bag replaced it with something that I could borrow/buy cheap/easily trade for taut should do about the same thing and then played a round on my home course.

My average this year was -7, my first attempt with untested bag I got a -5. The XXX I replaced my FB with was not quite as stable as expected and it cost me one. Having a Scale throw shorter than my Harp cost me the other.

Net round I adjusted and shot -8. It's just about the archer adjusting provided the company makes a disc that is in the slots they like.

Paige like a pretty vanilla stable of discs, I've never seen her throw any super OS plastic or weird specially discs. She could probably go to almost any manufacturer and do okay.

(My guess was DD though, Innova if they out the $. But she said that EMac was like a brother)