Old 10-12-2018, 09:29 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 5
Niced 172 Times in 122 Posts

I had an awesome day out on the course. I'm nailing lines, and throwing as far as I ever had with fairly little effort (more mental than physical.) What I've changed/have been focusing on;
  1. Pumping the disc and rear leg forward together as I'm pushing my weight up in the hop off the lead foot
  2. Having the rear side COMPLETELY under control. One motion backwards and forwards.
  3. ALWAYS battering ram. If you lose control of the ram, you lose leverage, and the distance won't be there. Always battering ram.

I threw my best shot of my life 488' dog leg right hole (decent amount of elevation change going down) where I hyzerflipped to turned a glow destroyer to within 10' of the pin, 5' deep. I'd say it was at least a 425' control shot into a head wind. Played a brand new Johnny Sias designed course in Moundsville WV (absolutely beautiful) for the first time.

Anyways, I didn't get any shots filmed, but I was dinking around in the living room, and it is looking a lot better. Better yet, it feels good, and easily repeatable.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (2)
Old 10-12-2018, 11:55 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 12.2
Courses Played: 215
Niced 1,623 Times in 1,063 Posts

Old 10-14-2018, 04:31 PM
Eagle Member

Bored at work messing around with a rubber mallet, and I caught a video of me accidentally throwing it. You can really see where throwing from one leg in balance adds a ton of speed at the hit. I'm crawling through this, and gripping pretty hard, and the hammer just went flying. I thought it was interesting. I can still see i'm leaning back in the approach, which is something I think I'm getting better at with a full speed x-step.
Old 10-14-2018, 07:57 PM
* Ace Member *

Not too shabby, keep the wrist/hammer handle straight back. You are curling it back behind you too much.

Erin Hemmings throws Roadrunners 700'+, and still holds the world record for a disc thrown @ 1333', first person to throw an object over quarter mile. Note tee pad is slightly downhill.

Niced: (1)
Old 10-15-2018, 11:08 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.6
Courses Played: 20
Niced 182 Times in 89 Posts

Duuuude.

Inside swing from October 12th.

You've got a drive!

It has been so good watching the progress in your thread, I want to see some actual drive footage of you doing the above

Niced: (1)
Old 10-15-2018, 06:44 PM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhatton1 View Post
Duuuude.

Inside swing from October 12th.

You've got a drive!

It has been so good watching the progress in your thread, I want to see some actual drive footage of you doing the above
Hey thanks man. It feels like progress comes in waves, and crashes back down sometimes. I'm in this weird head space right now where I'm making more progress just doing drills and playing practice rounds than I am in the field. I have a tendency to get frustrated in the field if it's not going exactly right, then I start forcing stuff and speeding up and it just starts to go to garbage. Something about being in the wilderness on the course calms my nerves and I can just focus on one or two things in my throw. I'm planning on finally getting a tripod for my phone, so I'm hoping to have more footage soon.
Old Yesterday, 12:54 AM
Eagle Member

Sorry for the terrible footage, but I've got a itch I've got to scratch right now. The disc is really coming out fast, and I'm starting to feel a lot more twisting through my core, and leverage through my shoulders. I'm feeling like I can really crank my shoulders now, like I could punch someone in the face with either one in the swing. I can see still need to get the rear shoulder going down and targetward rather than rotating in the weight shift (causing the angles to collapse a bit much.)

Old Yesterday, 03:12 AM
* Ace Member *

Yeah, you are over-rotated and flat footed.