Old 08-01-2019, 01:13 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 2,516 Times in 1,599 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoCo View Post
I also realized that speed 7 is really slow and and that I was putting way to much stank on them. I slowed waaaay down and just made sure to get miro snap and they went just short of 300 on pretty much the expected lines.
You can put all the velocity you want on slower discs as long as you have clean form. Elite pro's can throw putters 450'. It's probably more that if you're trying to throw more than 80% of your power ability you may be introducing some torque or weird angles and the disc can't handle it.

So in that sense I definitely agree with slowing down a bit and smoothing/leveraging the disc out there. Neutral fairways especially reward this because they still glide well enough to give you good distance when you pop them out there right without needing to force angles or anything on them.

I definitely can hit my fairways like I would a neutral high speed driver, but what I like about the speed 7's is that I don't have to do that...I can also throw them like 65% and still get great carry and straight flights.
Sponsored Links

Old 08-02-2019, 02:39 AM

Niced 5 Times in 3 Posts

Yes, thats absolutely true. I didn’t mean that I put to much speed for the disc, but rather tried more than me and my form can deliver.

Niced: (1)