Old Yesterday, 11:10 PM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 16.2
Courses Played: 25
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 678 Times in 583 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keokuk Discer View Post
Most of us carry an entire bag of discs with us. For drop ins like that, I have used a driver to drop in for the putt, so the "not having another disc to putt with" is a bad arguement. Any disc in your bag will work, and a lot easier than figuring out where you'd put your mini to mark it.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Yep I have used a different disc since the time I have had more then one disc.
Sponsored Links
Old Yesterday, 11:40 PM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 16.2
Courses Played: 25
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 678 Times in 583 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Putt for D'oh View Post
By the current rules the rest of the card committed a courtesy violation as they all had turned and walked away not watching the "throw" or mark.

Still wondering why Casey gets lambasted for being Casey and quoting old rules when the wording that would have made this mark clearly an infraction has been removed from the rules.
What I have done in this situation is well I always had more then one disc in a PDGA event so I just used a driver or a midrange when I only had one putter in my bag at that time. The putter disc was parked so I did not need a Putter to make the shot. The old rules were more clear, I agree on calling specific marking violations. In the most recent edition to the rules it was changed to the before 2006 version of marking making it harder in some instances to call a violation on Marking. PDGA should revise parts like this incident to make the Disc Golf game more professional or it will look casual when compared to most other disc sport contests other then Guts which is already more way more casual then Disc Golf.
Old Today, 03:10 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 1
Niced 129 Times in 69 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoWork View Post
Agreed in theory.

In reality though, this molecule of minutia has been taken to a whole new galaxy of douchiness, simply because people are bored and want to grind whatever axe they come across, no matter how inconsequential it may be. Get over yourselves, throw some plastic and move on with your life. Nobody cares. Period. #cheers
because I guess my last post got deleted? here's some information for you about marking the lie and whether this would have resulted in a penalty throw:

Quote:
Marking the lie in a manner other than described above is a marking violation. A player receives a warning for the first marking violation. A player receives one penalty throw for each subsequent violation of any marking rule during the round.
https://www.pdga.com/rules/official-...isc-golf/80206
Old Today, 05:57 PM

Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

Another example: the disc lies on the center of the roof of the basket. How would you suggest it should be marked?
Old Today, 08:03 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 1
Niced 129 Times in 69 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnttiM View Post
Another example: the disc lies on the center of the roof of the basket. How would you suggest it should be marked?
Good Q... if it’s truly in the center, how does one determine the line of play?

Old Today, 08:29 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 8
Niced 469 Times in 217 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by robdeforge View Post
because I guess my last post got deleted? here's some information for you about marking the lie and whether this would have resulted in a penalty throw:

https://www.pdga.com/rules/official-...isc-golf/80206

... And as I said before, you’d need a cardmate to second it for that to matter at all. FYI even on the card in the OP, nobody cared- and there was money on the line.

I mean hey, if you want to be “that guy” go right ahead, but just because you can doesn’t mean you should and that should be obvious in a sport like this. This will be my last post on the subject. Have a nice night.