Old 08-16-2018, 05:29 PM
Still a puppy

Years Playing: 3.3
Courses Played: 7
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 174 Times in 113 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docxen View Post
Then you see them kids 15 and under nailing 300 plus feet shots and your like "ohhhhh man" lol
Let me play through, old man

no harm here I don't mean anything
Sponsored Links

Niced: (2)
Old 08-16-2018, 08:48 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 0.3
Courses Played: 6
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 27 Times in 21 Posts

i don't mind and maybe i can learn something ...or fake a heart attack when you go up with a perfect shot just to mess with ya...
Old 08-17-2018, 08:47 PM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 15.3
Courses Played: 25
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 427 Times in 363 Posts

Welcome Just stay away from the Groove in Champion and you will do fine.

Niced: (1)
Old 08-17-2018, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrowaEnvy View Post
Don't worry too much about multiple putters right now throw them all and the favourites will find you... its more important to get a consistent motion at this point, that being said when playing with multiple different discs be more concerned with how the shot shapes up then where it lands. IE if all three shots start on the right path to the basket be happy that you put it on the right line even if one of the discs is more stable and doesn't finish in the same spot.

Get a Comet. Throw the Comet, believe in the Comet.

Stacking your bag... lower speed fairway drivers are good, ridiculous speed 13 distance drivers are bad. My standard bag is usually 3 putters same weight different molds. 2-3 midranges usually, something I can turn over, something straight, something else haha. Same thing with my fairways: something I can force over, something I can bank an S with and something stable but light.

Personally I don't use drivers heavier then 170g I find it easier to get 165g stuff to fly better at short range.

I usually have one or two distance drivers whatever I'm liking at the time... but I play shorter wooded courses often.

I also like to pair up discs in my head within the bag and take two shots and score both relative to each other.. IE Aviar and Cobra team 1... Envy and Comet team 2 leading by one stroke... and play nine holes that way... I don't keep track of total score just which pair is doing better.
tips for Docxen I have never used drivers more then 171-172 my entire life. Putters and short approach and midrange are a different story going with as high as 175 grams for those discs. Max 180 grams on next size from the smallest diameter in the midrange discs I feel does not help me. Oh and some discs types you feel you have out grown after awhile from beginner sets just get them in heavier weights and premium plastic to see if they can still be used.

Niced: (1)
Old 08-18-2018, 05:17 PM

Niced 2 Times in 1 Post

Yeah definetly agreeing with casey, my first driver I stepped up from midrange was FD which was at 168g. I think I did really fine with that disc, I think even a 160g would do just fine for starters. My most drivers are 175g now but I have no trouble with them, some of them just feel a bit heavy to turn.

My putter is currently 172g which is a bit odd. I like buying discs in 175 for some reason. However I like the disc but I will probably upgrade into a 175g so it will not turn over so easilly. I recommend getting about 175g putter.

For midranges I have 171, 175, 177 now. I like the 175 most but the other weights work just fine. I've tried 180 feels little too heavy for me

Most of my drivers are 175 but I recommend getting around 170 for faster drivers in future when you can throw really far. They seem to work little bit easier and they are not affected by the wind. In conclusion..

I recommend getting discs around 166-175 if you are an adult, and I recommend about 175 for putters and midranges and 170 for first fairway drivers. And I recommend throwing putter or midrange at first. They are really easy to aim and you can get them 150feet with very little effort when you start developing right technique. They are also great for learning to throw in a straight angle and later in a hyzer/anhyzer of course.

Old 08-19-2018, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadpe View Post
Yeah definetly agreeing with casey, my first driver I stepped up from midrange was FD which was at 168g. I think I did really fine with that disc, I think even a 160g would do just fine for starters. My most drivers are 175g now but I have no trouble with them, some of them just feel a bit heavy to turn.

My putter is currently 172g which is a bit odd. I like buying discs in 175 for some reason. However I like the disc but I will probably upgrade into a 175g so it will not turn over so easilly. I recommend getting about 175g putter.

For midranges I have 171, 175, 177 now. I like the 175 most but the other weights work just fine. I've tried 180 feels little too heavy for me

Most of my drivers are 175 but I recommend getting around 170 for faster drivers in future when you can throw really far. They seem to work little bit easier and they are not affected by the wind. In conclusion..

I recommend getting discs around 166-175 if you are an adult, and I recommend about 175 for putters and midranges and 170 for first fairway drivers. And I recommend throwing putter or midrange at first. They are really easy to aim and you can get them 150feet with very little effort when you start developing right technique. They are also great for learning to throw in a straight angle and later in a hyzer/anhyzer of course.
I could not have said the same thing I said better.

Old 08-22-2018, 10:34 PM
Eagle Member

Niced 488 Times in 241 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey 1988 View Post
I could not have said the same thing I said better.

You can say that again.