Old 11-26-2019, 06:06 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 36.7
Courses Played: 248
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1,800 Times in 781 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMantle View Post
I guess I just don't understand changing one's bag because of what a pro throws. I have started to see new Discraft stuff in our group since Paul switched. Makes no sense to me at all.
It is just marketing and advertising. Same concept with all voice, print and TV advertising. Most are not new products, but the advertising and marketing is in an attempt to get you to switch to their products.

We both may know it is the archer, not the arrow, but marketing has proven, very clearly, that most people are sheep.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (2)
Old 11-26-2019, 06:26 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.6
Courses Played: 128
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 929 Times in 411 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose33 View Post
I wonder how this whole thing will pan out with so many top players going Discraft. It almost harks of teh Prodigy thing from a few years ago, but they actually have a full lineup of good product. In the past I disparaged them for their plastic look and a lot of foibles of their popular discs, but many of the new ones don’t have the issues I often was hung up with.

Innova will always do fine because of their staple molds and large brick and mortar presence, but I have to wonder if as some new top players begin emerging if they will be as aggressive going to get those players.
Discraft is being a LOT more incremental than Prodigy was in the early days. Even if Discraft had signed Paul and Paige at the same time, that would still have been timid compared to Prodigy going from zero to 12 top pros in one fell swoop.

I do wonder if Innova will start (or maybe has already started) offering players more lucrative contacts in response to the waves made by these Discraft moves.

But either way, Innova isn't going anywhere. Even if the Innova brand seems to be losing market share, they're also molding all the HyzerBomb, Infinite, Millennium, and Discmania stuff. (Well, the good Discmania stuff, anyways.)

Niced: (2)
Old 11-26-2019, 06:37 PM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 16.6
Courses Played: 25
Niced 855 Times in 716 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ru4por View Post
It is just marketing and advertising. Same concept with all voice, print and TV advertising. Most are not new products, but the advertising and marketing is in an attempt to get you to switch to their products.

We both may know it is the archer, not the arrow, but marketing has proven, very clearly, that most people are sheep.
Yes that is true but in some cases the molds flight is so constant from run to run even as the plastic feel has changed for that plastic the disc is made in so I ended up with that company, Discraft as well as Innova since it is all that is available locally when I first started playing. 99% of my backpack is Innova or Discraft with a single DGA mold modified copy of a Discraft disc. The other is a Lighting #2 Upshot simply the Innova XD molds had just replaced for the XD+ so I could not get a mold I tried from a friend a few months before and the Colt was 10 years away. XD+ feels off from an XD and Colt because even though the Colt is a + nosed XD, the Colt has a slightly wider nose so as to keep the proportions more correct to an XD type feel unlike an
XD +.

Last edited by Casey 1988; 11-26-2019 at 06:41 PM.
Old 11-26-2019, 07:07 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.8
Courses Played: 29
Niced 356 Times in 227 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey 1988 View Post
Yes that is true but in some cases the molds flight is so constant from run to run even as the plastic feel has changed for that plastic the disc is made in so I ended up with that company, Discraft as well as Innova since it is all that is available locally when I first started playing. 99% of my backpack is Innova or Discraft with a single DGA mold modified copy of a Discraft disc. The other is a Lighting #2 Upshot simply the Innova XD molds had just replaced for the XD+ so I could not get a mold I tried from a friend a few months before and the Colt was 10 years away. XD+ feels off from an XD and Colt because even though the Colt is a + nosed XD, the Colt has a slightly wider nose so as to keep the proportions more correct to an XD type feel unlike an
XD +.
Thanks man, that's classic mind blowning gold!

Niced: (1)
Old 11-26-2019, 07:10 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 39.8
Courses Played: 95
Niced 1,058 Times in 404 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to Jay Dub

A beat in Proto Colt flies like a beat in XD with a Rhyno fade.
Old 11-26-2019, 07:46 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 34.7
Courses Played: 256
Niced 133 Times in 79 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevis View Post
That actually looks like it has "gyro" to it.
Old 11-26-2019, 07:51 PM
Salient/Yikun Groupie

Years Playing: 8.1
Courses Played: 74
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 1,103 Times in 712 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMantle View Post
I guess I just don't understand changing one's bag because of what a pro throws. I have started to see new Discraft stuff in our group since Paul switched. Makes no sense to me at all.
I definitely don’t do that, but it appears many people do. I’ve seen a ton of guys who threw Destroyers and DDXs throwZeus Since Paul switched.

Old 11-26-2019, 08:13 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.6
Courses Played: 6
Niced 573 Times in 310 Posts

Quote:
I definitely don’t do that, but it appears many people do. I’ve seen a ton of guys who threw Destroyers and DDXs throwZeus Since Paul switched.
Maybe they just thought the Zeus fit their game better? Couldn't have had anything to do with Paul...

Old 11-26-2019, 08:44 PM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 16.6
Courses Played: 25
Niced 855 Times in 716 Posts

Quote:
I definitely don’t do that, but it appears many people do. I’ve seen a ton of guys who threw Destroyers and DDXs throw Zeus Since Paul switched.
Well when some of the more recent runs in 2019 of Star Destroyer are with the messed up Straight wing and Pro came out this summer flexible like R-Pro you see lots of players switching from Destroyer to either speed slower of same flight disc, Wraith or they tried the Zeus. With the exceptions of those who went to other brands Destroyer like discs or use the Innova Champion plastic that is sort of molding up fine, just have to pick through the old stock of micro bubble discs to find new current stock as Innova found old bubble stock of Champion discs to sell in late 2018-early 2019.

Old 11-26-2019, 08:59 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 115
Niced 206 Times in 106 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey 1988 View Post
Well when some of the more recent runs in 2019 of Star Destroyer are with the messed up Straight wing and Pro came out this summer flexible like R-Pro you see lots of players switching from Destroyer to either speed slower of same flight disc, Wraith or they tried the Zeus. With the exceptions of those who went to other brands Destroyer like discs or use the Innova Champion plastic that is sort of molding up fine, just have to pick through the old stock of micro bubble discs to find new current stock as Innova found old bubble stock of Champion discs to sell in late 2018-early 2019.
You're a mico bubble disc.