Old 10-20-2017, 07:19 AM
Bogey Member

Niced 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by asc349 View Post
So far I have not noticed any difference between Electron vs all other plastics in the Anode, Ion, Spin, Vector, or Volt. Just the Atom.
Haven't had the change to try an Electron Vector, but I agree on the other molds: there's no perceivable difference between baseline and premium. But on the other hand, these are all 'old' molds while the Atom is newer generation -> could it be possible that Atoms are made with the same mold regardless of plastic, while the older ones needed new molds for baseline (this then allowed the baseline disc to be identical to premium after cooling).

Yeah, P Atom felt a bit different to baseline but I thought it was just the grip/stiffness.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 10-20-2017, 09:53 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 22.6
Courses Played: 24
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 84 Times in 61 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaiserFlip View Post
Yeah, P Atom felt a bit different to baseline but I thought it was just the grip/stiffness.
Flight is so different it's like two different discs. P is close to an envy while e is more US than a proxy.
Old 10-20-2017, 10:16 PM
FROLF OFF!

Years Playing: 12.6
Courses Played: 134
Niced 1,128 Times in 758 Posts

Not in my experience at all.
Old 10-20-2017, 10:17 PM
FROLF OFF!

Years Playing: 12.6
Courses Played: 134
Niced 1,128 Times in 758 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugheshilton View Post
This is definitely not a phenomenon unique to MVP/Axiom. I've noticed in lots of other brands that baseline plastic versions of the same mold end up being more compact. I think it's due to the fact that baseline plastic shrinks more during cooling than premium plastic. You can see it pretty clearly when you put, say, an XT Colt next to a Star Colt or a Pro Pig next to a Blizzard Pig. The premium versions are slightly deeper and larger overall.
MVP isnt innova. Thats why it took forever to get premium molds in baseline. They actually made new molds so electron molded up legit. Pretty well known if you have follwed MVP at all. They are not pumping out lame ass baseline versions of their molds due to crap injection molding processes. Now electron plastic in general is a whole different topic...

Last edited by Aim For The Chains; 10-20-2017 at 10:20 PM.
Old 10-20-2017, 11:25 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.4
Courses Played: 44
Niced 670 Times in 391 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aim For The Chains View Post
MVP isnt innova. Thats why it took forever to get premium molds in baseline. They actually made new molds so electron molded up legit. Pretty well known if you have followed MVP at all. They are not pumping out lame ass baseline versions of their molds due to crap injection molding processes. Now electron plastic in general is a whole different topic...
Yes I am aware of that fact. Asc said earlier he didn't notice a difference between Electron and premium versions of the older molds where we know they had to make new molds (Ion, Vector, etc.) which makes sense if they were accounting for the shrinkage when making the new baseline molds. The question is whether they made a separate premium plastic mold for the Atom after the initial baseline mold. Maybe they did, and the size differences are all in peoples' heads. Or possibly they just have 1 Atom mold which works for both plastic types, and the premium version of the disc comes out slightly larger.
Old 10-21-2017, 04:46 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 35.5
Courses Played: 30
Niced 154 Times in 103 Posts

I know my proton Atom feels a bit larger than my electron Atom. I stopped by Dynamic Discs this morning and pulled one of each off the racks. Stood them up on a boxtop and the proton disc appeared to be a smidge larger in diameter--perhaps a millimeter, That could be just the boxtop not being even. They appeared to be the same depth. Just like mine at home, though, the proton feels a bit larger than the electron.

so I'm voting for it just being a difference in how the plastics feel.

Old 01-04-2018, 08:35 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.5
Courses Played: 21
Niced 1,619 Times in 834 Posts

Having a hard time loving the feel of my P-Atom. It's still pretty new but I'm wondering if the proton will eventually beat into a better grip.

Love how my N-Envy has beat in. Did someone mention the need for a N-Atom? I concur.

Old 01-05-2018, 01:49 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 20
Niced 609 Times in 445 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by discerdoo View Post
Having a hard time loving the feel of my P-Atom. It's still pretty new but I'm wondering if the proton will eventually beat into a better grip.

Love how my N-Envy has beat in. Did someone mention the need for a N-Atom? I concur.
I dont know about yours but my proton atoms are superb. Grip is nice, flat, etc. They fly stable even after a year (or whenever they came out) of use. Its straight as can be still. It can get a little slick in the cold/snow but not more than any neutrons that I have. I DID dye mine so not sure if that has anything to do with it. Either way I really would like to see NEUTRON ATOMS Atoms just rule. end/
Old 01-05-2018, 08:30 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.6
Courses Played: 63
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 382 Times in 235 Posts

Jerry loves the Atom.

Old 01-05-2018, 09:55 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7
Courses Played: 19
Niced 1,533 Times in 883 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by discerdoo View Post
How much better do you want? It has way too much grip already. I can't throw soft Proton, too sticky