Old 11-10-2020, 04:10 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 20.6
Courses Played: 102
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1,149 Times in 517 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmandiscer View Post
The problem lies up top with the PDGA and the size requirements which have been overdue for a change. You cannot host a C,B or A tier with an unapproved PDGA basket. I don't think most of you understand how things work.
It doesn't have to be an A, B or C tier event or anything relating to the PDGA. Host a tournament at your local course for fun and see what everyone thinks.

Until you are willing to do that, you're just flapping your gums in the wind.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 11-10-2020, 05:15 PM
Size Queen

Niced 231 Times in 151 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuanA View Post
It doesn't have to be an A, B or C tier event or anything relating to the PDGA. Host a tournament at your local course for fun and see what everyone thinks.

Until you are willing to do that, you're just flapping your gums in the wind.
Tourneys have been done I posted a few in this thread that were on video. I'm guessing you didn't watch? If I hold a local tourney after making 18 baskets how is that going to change the minds of the PDGA? Answer, it's not unless I started my own tour outside of the PDGA I suppose. But I would need deep pockets to outspend the current PDGA/DGPT and all the disc golf companies. That would be the only way to attract the best players is offer bigger payouts.
Old 11-10-2020, 05:36 PM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
Tourneys have been done I posted a few in this thread that were on video. I'm guessing you didn't watch? If I hold a local tourney after making 18 baskets how is that going to change the minds of the PDGA? Answer, it's not unless I started my own tour outside of the PDGA I suppose. But I would need deep pockets to outspend the current PDGA/DGPT and all the disc golf companies. That would be the only way to attract the best players is offer bigger payouts.
I watched them...even before you posted them.

The problem is you're putting the cart before the horse. If you can't prove to yourself that this is a good idea first, how are you going to convince the PDGA?

And if your goal is to influence the PDGA, why are you flapping your gums here on a disc golf forum instead of talking directly to the PDGA?

Stop flapping your gums and try actually doing something. Until then you're nothing but a gum-flapping troll trying to stir up controversy.
Old 11-10-2020, 05:39 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 4.6
Courses Played: 7
Niced 1,739 Times in 821 Posts

Quote:
So you are saying those tourneys you posted were some of the best disc golf you've watched? The most exciting?
Old 11-10-2020, 06:05 PM
Size Queen

Quote:
I watched them...even before you posted them.

The problem is you're putting the cart before the horse. If you can't prove to yourself that this is a good idea first, how are you going to convince the PDGA?

And if your goal is to influence the PDGA, why are you flapping your gums here on a disc golf forum instead of talking directly to the PDGA?

Stop flapping your gums and try actually doing something. Until then you're nothing but a gum-flapping troll trying to stir up controversy.
PDGA employees do likely read websites like this.
Old 11-10-2020, 06:08 PM
Size Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakebake91 View Post
So you are saying those tourneys you posted were some of the best disc golf you've watched? The most exciting?
Yeah actually I watched every putt. Versus tourneys now I skip 20 footers and in. There was a chance they could miss, which brings drama. If there is essentially no chance they miss then why watch a 15 footer? Heck I cut out 30 seconds on each hole by skipping the short putts.
Old 11-10-2020, 06:39 PM
Tiny White Balls

Years Playing: 37.1
Courses Played: 2
Niced 204 Times in 126 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimb View Post
Serious question... not trolling.

I haven't followed this thread for several hundred posts. (My last post was in the 800s.) I'm surprised and how often it still shows up with new posts. Has anything new been brought up or is it just more rehashing of the first several hundred posts?
Quite a bit. The guys here seem to think turning it into a bbq is a great idea.

Told you all it isn't a real sport, but a pasttime for most of you.
Old 11-10-2020, 08:43 PM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
PDGA employees do likely read websites like this.
That's your strategy?! Talking about your ideas on a forum, thinking PDGA employees are likely reading this? If you really believed in what you're saying, you would contact them directly. That fact that you don't tells me you're as interested in this idea as the rest of us.

Admit it...you're just a troll who keeps pushing this idea to see how long you can keep jerking everyone's chain. Except for BGC of cpourse who we all know is chainless.

Old 11-11-2020, 12:59 AM
Size Queen

Quote:
That's your strategy?! Talking about your ideas on a forum, thinking PDGA employees are likely reading this? If you really believed in what you're saying, you would contact them directly. That fact that you don't tells me you're as interested in this idea as the rest of us.

Admit it...you're just a troll who keeps pushing this idea to see how long you can keep jerking everyone's chain. Except for BGC of cpourse who we all know is chainless.
What is your strategy to make the game better? Believe it or not I didn't create this thread.

Old 11-11-2020, 05:17 AM
Birdie Member

Niced 238 Times in 134 Posts

Quote:
... No challenge is required to make a 15-20 footer. Spectators run off to the next tee....
Just trying to eke out some value from this thread; If you want to be down the fairway to watch the majority of the shots on the hole from a decent vantage point you have to leave before all the players hole out and the majority of the spectators move on, you need to get down the next fairway, you don't have time to hang about. The same thing happens in Golf when tap-ins remain. Those that stay get the advantage of seeing the occasional mistake that can shift outcomes. No matter how small you make the baskets there will be some range at which people value a better vantage point on the next hole more than the risk of missing a key mistake. If this is part of your argument there is no end point.