Old 11-19-2020, 01:01 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 40.8
Courses Played: 96
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 2,803 Times in 1,070 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to Jay Dub

These things won't get enforced here either. My county's Sheriff has said they are not the mask police.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-19-2020, 01:37 PM
Eagle Member

Niced 397 Times in 218 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakebake91 View Post
However....

These "mandates" will never be followed because they can't be enforced. Idiots haven't stopped being idiots yet, that certainly won't stop them. Therefore, they really aren't going to be effective. What are they gonna do, raid a Thanksgiving dinner and fine everyone? I doubt it.
Exactly, the disease is being spread by idiots.

That's why I don't understand why they aren't using targeted measures to minimize idiot behavior. Why don't we have curfews so idiots can't get together at night? Why don't we ban bar service?

Instead we shut down a bunch of safely operating businesses, schools, and institutions that are minimally contributing to the spread.

Niced: (1)
Old 11-19-2020, 01:39 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 30.7
Courses Played: 67
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 3,468 Times in 1,060 Posts

Our curfew starts tonight, 10pm-5am.
Old 11-19-2020, 01:59 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 37.7
Courses Played: 250
Niced 5,114 Times in 1,757 Posts

Quote:
I seen that order too. I live up in Dunn County, and my wife works at the Mayo Clinic in Eau Claire County. I wouldn't be surprised to see a few more of those mandates issued throughout the state.

However....

These "mandates" will never be followed because they can't be enforced. Idiots haven't stopped being idiots yet, that certainly won't stop them. Therefore, they really aren't going to be effective. What are they gonna do, raid a Thanksgiving dinner and fine everyone? I doubt it.

Not to mention, the exceptions about the bars and restaurants are beyond stupid. At least with face to face schooling, they have strict protocols they are following to mitigate risk the best they can. Bars sure af aren't doing anything like that.

There was a letter sent home with my son the other day saying that with all the positive cases in the district, they cannot trace any of them to transmission within the school. Every case this far can be traced to infection outside of school. Kind of a case study for the effectiveness of masks and distancing if you ask me.
Yikes....Mayo is a mess right now. I am sorry, man. Your wife must be stressed.

I posted the article about the Mayo Clinic below and the huge outbreak there. I think the article stated that the infection spread was 93% community acquired. Not to say staff is doing the right things after work, but it seems mandatory compliance with standard precautions is working.
Old 11-19-2020, 02:02 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 37.7
Courses Played: 250
Niced 5,114 Times in 1,757 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DG_player View Post
Exactly, the disease is being spread by idiots.

That's why I don't understand why they aren't using targeted measures to minimize idiot behavior. Why don't we have curfews so idiots can't get together at night? Why don't we ban bar service?

Instead we shut down a bunch of safely operating businesses, schools, and institutions that are minimally contributing to the spread.
For sure. Shuttering know superspreader events should have been the first starter. Churches, restaurants and bars... But, they have been among the most vocal opponents of any shut downs.
Old 11-19-2020, 02:10 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 4.6
Courses Played: 7
Niced 1,749 Times in 825 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ru4por View Post
Yikes....Mayo is a mess right now. I am sorry, man. Your wife must be stressed.

I posted the article about the Mayo Clinic below and the huge outbreak there. I think the article stated that the infection spread was 93% community acquired. Not to say staff is doing the right things after work, but it seems mandatory compliance with standard precautions is working.
She hasnt been super affected yet. She's a medical assistant in a family medicine department. They are doing their best to keep that floor "clean". Shes floated over to the testing area a lot lately, but so far that's been voluntarily. But it's getting worse and worse. The testing area can't keep up. The last few days she's been going over there after her shift to help out and they are hours and hours behind. It's only a matter of time before more of her "volunteer" hours are "mandatory".

Down at the hospital? I hear it's ungodly bad. Three floors at 100% capacity. ICU at 100% with 75% of those from covid. Bad and getting worse.

Those are the numbers I wish they would plaster across the media. Targeted to the local audience. Like hey guys this is your local hospital. These patients are from your community. These workers that are putting in these hours, totally exhausted, they are your friends, your neighbors. They need your help! Let's help them help us.

Old 11-19-2020, 02:50 PM
Par Member

Niced 69 Times in 34 Posts

Quote:

Those are the numbers I wish they would plaster across the media. Targeted to the local audience. Like hey guys this is your local hospital. These patients are from your community. These workers that are putting in these hours, totally exhausted, they are your friends, your neighbors. They need your help! Let's help them help us.
Well, I have come to expect the Gov't's attitude of they "knew what they signed up for". The public follow their lead. Hard to imagine the stress of receiving patients in the ICU with tubes already down their throats and caring for them for weeks until they succumb. Having to talk to families daily of a patient that makes no progress. Thats how it was with my Uncle and we were grateful at the end to feel as though he was cared for, the floor wasn't overwhelmed at the time. The risks and responsibilities that healthcare workers take are substantial. We give grocery store workers a couple bucks extra per hour, If you work with Covid patients you should have no tax liabilty for the months you do so (battle pay).

Niced: (1)
Old 11-19-2020, 02:50 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 0.9
Courses Played: 4
Niced 569 Times in 279 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by roggenb3 View Post
I'm all for whatever measures the experts are for.

But I gotta say, Dane County's latest one just doesn't make sense.

All indoor gatherings of ANY size are banned.

EXCEPT:
Bars and restaurants may continue at 25% capacity
Churches can offer indoor services
Schools are still open for in person

It's bad enough to ban all indoor gathering, and limit outdoor to 10, but whatever, 30 people can sit inside this bar, maskless, yammering and drinking, that's cool.

They are essentially doing it to tell people "DONT HAVE A THANKSGIVING PARTY".

I think an aggressive public messaging campaign would be better than a mandate most people here scoff at.
If it had not become political from the start, I don’t think it would have been difficult to provide suggested behaviors and avoid mandates.

Niced: (2)
Old 11-19-2020, 03:09 PM
Banned

Courses Played: 18
Niced 88 Times in 49 Posts

The problem is that everything is or becomes political these days. The media, dems and repubs are all guilty of it too.

Niced: (3)

Old 11-19-2020, 03:36 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.8
Courses Played: 20
Niced 1,844 Times in 1,024 Posts

The 1% death rate just seems to be acceptable by the masses. Hard to change that mentality until it directly affects themselves or loved ones.