Old 08-16-2015, 04:00 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9.7
Courses Played: 47
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 33 Times in 22 Posts
Default How do you organize your discs in bag?

I have often ran into the problem of my mids swallowing the putters in the bag. This is quite annoying. I have 20 discs in my bag now with 3 putters, 6 mids, and 11 drivers. I have two putters in the putter pocket and at that point I lay them fastest to slowest. Photon, Tesla, Volt, etc. (see tag) and sometimes the discs swallow each other and seem to fall out of place in the bag. If I add any discs it's too tight.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-16-2015, 04:37 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 7.6
Courses Played: 7
Niced 3 Times in 1 Post

I have not had any issues with my mids "swallowing" my putters but instead my mid's seem to "swallow" my fairway drivers (teebirds). So what I do is my mids and putters are faced with the tops of the flight plate facing to center (left if looking from front). The drivers are faced with tops to center (right if looking from front) All discs go from right to left according to speed and stability and it seems to give me the best overall fit.
Old 08-16-2015, 04:40 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7
Courses Played: 36
Niced 4 Times in 4 Posts

Speed, stability and finally weight. My bag holds 21 nicely and I can usually add 2-3 more in the main compartment. The only problem with the extra 2-3 is that if the flap is open, they fall out. The 21 seem to stay in place all the time. The putter pocket carries 2 but I'm sure I could put 3-4 but I don't want to ruin the elasticity of the material. The 21 are all domes to the left.
Old 08-16-2015, 04:40 PM
Bogey Member

Courses Played: 1
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

i organize by type of disc and by stability, putters on the left, mids in mid, and drivers on the right. in those groups i put understable on the left and overstable on the right. pretty simple

Niced: (1)
Old 08-16-2015, 04:41 PM
Free at Last

Years Playing: 9.7
Courses Played: 1
Niced 1,320 Times in 660 Posts

I open my bag, and throw them in. That's the extent of my worry.

Niced: (2)
Old 08-16-2015, 04:44 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.7
Courses Played: 3
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 174 Times in 95 Posts

Line up from left to right with bottoms facing left inside main storage of my grip bag:

Mids then gator (smaller diameter OS MID) throwing putters, fairways, distance drivers.

The gator is key as the separator between the mids and putters. I've had that issue where mids are engulfing the putters. I throw my putters more than my mids anyway so I like having them near the middle..
Old 08-16-2015, 05:24 PM

Courses Played: 3
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

I organize my discs by the number of aces each one has. They all have none, so they go in the 'whole-bag' slot.

Yes, I'm slightly bitter.
Old 08-16-2015, 05:43 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 25.6
Courses Played: 127
Niced 5,915 Times in 2,278 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcón View Post
I open my bag, and throw them in. That's the extent of my worry.
Pretty much. When I think about it, I put my specialty* discs at the ends, since they're a little harder to pull out. But that system only lasts about 3 holes.

(* - by "specialty", I mean get-out-of-trouble discs that I hope to not use. Super overstable, super understable, and a floater).
Old 08-16-2015, 05:52 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 8.7
Courses Played: 272
Niced 214 Times in 86 Posts

My Fade Tournament bag has three sections in the main compartments. Commonly used drivers on one end, commonly used midranges and utility discs at the other. My "putting putter" and Zone in the putter pocket. Seldom used "specialty discs" in the center compartment. If I am feeling really organized I'll keep the drivers and midranges in order of stability, but usually I'm doing good to get them back into the right section.

Old 08-16-2015, 06:07 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7.6
Courses Played: 51
Niced 217 Times in 142 Posts

I have a Grip, and I ran into the same problem with my mids and putters, so my solution is that my bag goes:

far left facing bag_______________________________far right facing bag
distance drivers <--- fairway drivers <--- throwing putters <---Midranges

I typically arrange these from understable to overstable, going to the left, but make some mods to that with backups and discs that I throw less than others