Old 03-16-2017, 06:02 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 6
Niced 257 Times in 175 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhatton1 View Post
This is a phenomenal jump in form in the space of a few days for a player with ingrained habits.
Thank you so much! Your video on bracing is what really got the ball rolling for me a few months ago. For me, there wasn't a 'click' moment, but a culmination of watching videos like yours, Loopghost's, and Seabas22's then doing tons of field work and RECORDING IT that's helped me get to this point. I may need to get a bigger SD card so I can video myself throw all the time now. It seems that important. There's still a ton of work to do!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyzerUniBomber View Post
You're looking a ton better - but I think you're "mushing" a bit.
I can definitely see that. It looks like I absorb pretty much my entire weight on the left leg and almost all forward momentum stops. I'm basically doing a one step stand still at that point. Another thing that seems to happen with this, I "hit the break" which causes me to go over the top. My hope is as I get more comfortable with the brace and throwing with my hips, I can stop exaggerating the hop, and go to a more traditional x-step that has just a small amount of hop.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-16-2017, 09:10 PM
Eagle Member

Side view, Hyzerflipping a proxy out to maybe over 300'. It's an unmeasured field for me.
Old 03-16-2017, 10:27 PM
Eagle Member

Definitely seeing improvement here. http://imgur.com/a/i92M9
Old 03-16-2017, 11:48 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.5
Courses Played: 230
Niced 4,439 Times in 2,695 Posts

Yeah, definite improvement. Now see how you have both feet flat/heels on ground and Robbie is on both toes in more athletic stance. Your head is turned back, maybe too far(debatable), but your shoulders(and hips) are still not turned back nearly as far Robbie who is in deep Door Frame/tug of war Position and ready to really Crush the Can with his heel/weight and the whole front side turned/loaded further back into the rear side.

Niced: (1)
Old 03-17-2017, 12:31 AM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewinder22 View Post
Now see how you have both feet flat/heels on ground
The first thing I thought when watching this was how flat footed I looked at the plant. I'm sure getting into that stance will allow for a better reach back and getting more hip torque. I'm guessing it allows you to start the weight shift a little earlier as your already set to 'push the gas peddle'.
Old 03-17-2017, 01:34 AM
* Ace Member *

Not just stepping on the gas peddle from the rear side, but also your ability to control your weight aka ride the Bull (balance) on the front side through the front foot and brace and clear your front hip redirecting your linear momentum to rotational momentum and speed up via changing acceleration/direction. You need some plantar flexion on the front foot to resist collapsing posture and maintain balance from your weight shift. The front foot will go into plantar extension/dorsiflexion, but it's mostly resisting it before you crush the can, then releases and goes with it in the pivot.

See Riding the Bull/Turbo Encabulator and The Move part 2 Ben Hogan Pivot in post #14, and Crush the Can part 2.1 and Bottles and Cans.

Old 03-17-2017, 02:31 AM
Eagle Member

Did a couple with the towel trying to reach back further and stay on my toes. They felt great, but looking at them it seems like I'm a little late. I think I'm getting the loading on the back leg down, but it still seems like my plant foot isn't fully loaded. It's like the foots turned in, but not the hips. IDK.

Old 03-17-2017, 03:23 AM
* Ace Member *

I think it's mainly due to your balance in the backswing and how you are trying to crank back/up with your rear arm and leaning over the rear leg to counter balance or vise versa. Turn more centered/upright inside your posture and keep the rear arm in - put hand in pocket.
Old 03-17-2017, 02:01 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 4.9
Courses Played: 24
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 175 Times in 122 Posts

Just want to give OP props for the improvement - I'm dealing with similar issues that you had earlier (throwing from rear foot/strong arming) and this gives me hope! Cheers

Old 03-17-2017, 03:41 PM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumberjack504 View Post
Just want to give OP props for the improvement
Thanks man. Best advice I can give is stop thinking of where your form is good, and start concentrating on where it's bad. Record yourself and post it for critique!

On that note,

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewinder22 View Post
I think it's mainly due to your balance in the backswing and how you are trying to crank back/up with your rear arm and leaning over the rear leg to counter balance or vise versa. Turn more centered/upright inside your posture and keep the rear arm in - put hand in pocket.
Okay, so I tried keeping my hand in my pocket, on the inside of my thigh, and resting on my hip. In all three cases I could not get my plant down at all. It's like that swinging cue from off hand is what starts the whole chain for me. To get more upright and keep that arm tighter, I found leading the the backswing rotation with my elbow and then keeping my forearm tight helped immensely. Let me know what you think.