Old 07-15-2020, 11:22 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.5
Courses Played: 53
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 5,766 Times in 2,976 Posts

Is Crystal City Underground even open? Didn't they get flooded real bad a couple years ago?
Sponsored Links
Old 07-15-2020, 11:26 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 16.7
Courses Played: 526
Niced 1,938 Times in 905 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by brutalbrutus View Post
Is Crystal City Underground even open? Didn't they get flooded real bad a couple years ago?
I'm not even sure. It's been listed as unplayable on here for a long time. A couple years I feel like. It does look like it would be fun though, unique at the very least.

Niced: (1)
Old 07-17-2020, 10:38 PM
*Super Moderator*

Years Playing: 26.1
Courses Played: 140
Niced 3,747 Times in 1,352 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by brutalbrutus View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfhaley View Post
I'm not even sure. It's been listed as unplayable on here for a long time. A couple years I feel like. It does look like it would be fun though, unique at the very least.
I would be shocked if Crystal City ever came back. The disc golf course hasn't been consistently open since 2014. The place has had several floods since then. I heard a lot of "shady" comments about the owner when it was open, so it was always a shaky proposition. Somebody might get permission for a one-off sort of thing there, but the course really could be RIP'ed for all practical purposes.

I played there several times; the first time I was waiting on a tee looking around at the darkness and I realized that I love disc golf for getting me out in the sunshine and fresh air, of which the cave had neither. It's kinda hard to take something that unique and tell somebody who never got to go that they didn't miss much, but...you didn't miss much.

Niced: (2)
Old 07-17-2020, 10:52 PM
*Super Moderator*

Years Playing: 26.1
Courses Played: 140
Niced 3,747 Times in 1,352 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfhaley View Post
Just played a dumb 6 holer half in a dog park, literally. Then the Holten course, which is awesome. Headed to New Melle and then Quail Ridge now. Perfect weather today.
Lol, was that Ashland? I've never been able to force myself to stop there. There is a worse looking one on the route I take to Columbia in Westphalia; it's a classic "tee from the last basket" design. Haven't been able to force myself to play that one, either. If I was a serious course bagger I'd knock those two off just to say that I had.

Old 07-17-2020, 10:56 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 16.7
Courses Played: 526
Niced 1,938 Times in 905 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Putt View Post
Lol, was that Ashland? I've never been able to force myself to stop there. There is a worse looking one on the route I take to Columbia in Westphalia; it's a classic "tee from the last basket" design. Haven't been able to force myself to play that one, either. If I was a serious course bagger I'd knock those two off just to say that I had.
Yep, Ashland it was. You throw into and around a dog park. They literally just built it around the course. I've never seen that before lol.