#41  
Old 06-29-2021, 01:57 PM
Timthenchant3r Timthenchant3r is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Raleigh
Posts: 118
Niced 140 Times in 49 Posts
Default

Anyone know disc stores that have these? Also can anyone compare the Anvil to the A2?
Sponsored Links
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 06-29-2021, 03:00 PM
Moose33 Moose33 is offline
Salient/Yikun Groupie
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Atlanta, GA
Years Playing: 10.4
Courses Played: 121
Throwing Style: RHFH
Posts: 7,103
Niced 2,661 Times in 1,571 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timthenchant3r View Post
Anyone know disc stores that have these? Also can anyone compare the Anvil to the A2?
Anvil is a lot like a slightly faster A2, very similar hand feel. No store I know has had any in about 10 months.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 06-29-2021, 04:28 PM
ray1970's Avatar
ray1970 ray1970 is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Denver
Posts: 1,997
Niced 1,810 Times in 921 Posts
Default

Am I the only one who found the Anvil to be a little weird?

If I intentionally put it on an anhyzer it would pretty much hold it the whole way. It definitely held a hyzer and would do a flat to fade shot but I was surprised that every time I’d try to put it on anhyzer expecting it to fight out it didn’t.

I really liked the feel of the Anvil for forehands or backhands but switched to the Justice because it would fight out of anhyzer when the Anvil wouldn’t.

Was it just me?
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 06-29-2021, 05:36 PM
Moose33 Moose33 is offline
Salient/Yikun Groupie
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Atlanta, GA
Years Playing: 10.4
Courses Played: 121
Throwing Style: RHFH
Posts: 7,103
Niced 2,661 Times in 1,571 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1970 View Post
Am I the only one who found the Anvil to be a little weird?

If I intentionally put it on an anhyzer it would pretty much hold it the whole way. It definitely held a hyzer and would do a flat to fade shot but I was surprised that every time I’d try to put it on anhyzer expecting it to fight out it didn’t.

I really liked the feel of the Anvil for forehands or backhands but switched to the Justice because it would fight out of anhyzer when the Anvil wouldn’t.

Was it just me?
No, I like the Justice better as well, more angles available and little better feel IMO.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 06-29-2021, 06:04 PM
Lemur's Avatar
Lemur Lemur is offline
Bogey Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Denver, CO
Courses Played: 11
Posts: 86
Niced 23 Times in 16 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1970 View Post
Am I the only one who found the Anvil to be a little weird?

If I intentionally put it on an anhyzer it would pretty much hold it the whole way. It definitely held a hyzer and would do a flat to fade shot but I was surprised that every time I’d try to put it on anhyzer expecting it to fight out it didn’t.

I really liked the feel of the Anvil for forehands or backhands but switched to the Justice because it would fight out of anhyzer when the Anvil wouldn’t.

Was it just me?
Which Anvil were you throwing? Was it a VIP-X (Nikko Vampire stamp) or a domey VIP/TP Anvil? I have pink VIP-X Anvil's and they will not hold an anhyzer for me.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 06-29-2021, 06:49 PM
ray1970's Avatar
ray1970 ray1970 is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Denver
Posts: 1,997
Niced 1,810 Times in 921 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemur View Post
Which Anvil were you throwing? Was it a VIP-X (Nikko Vampire stamp) or a domey VIP/TP Anvil? I have pink VIP-X Anvil's and they will not hold an anhyzer for me.

It’s a VIP. I think it’s one of the first runs. I think it even says special edition or something like that on the stamp.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 06-29-2021, 07:04 PM
Snaques Snaques is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Finland
Courses Played: 38
Posts: 633
Niced 19 Times in 17 Posts
Default

Yeah, I got a domey Lucid and it flies almost like a beefy Verdict while the VIP-X with Nikko Halloween stamp is absolute beefcake. It's not even far off of Justice. The VIP-X as board flat which makes it very comfortable for short flicks, but it is just too OS to be the main approach disc.

Has there been any indication of Anvil coming out in BT plastic? Those are usually flat as well and could be beaten into whatever you want it to be. I would be interested for sure.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 06-29-2021, 08:17 PM
Moose33 Moose33 is offline
Salient/Yikun Groupie
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Atlanta, GA
Years Playing: 10.4
Courses Played: 121
Throwing Style: RHFH
Posts: 7,103
Niced 2,661 Times in 1,571 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaques View Post
Yeah, I got a domey Lucid and it flies almost like a beefy Verdict while the VIP-X with Nikko Halloween stamp is absolute beefcake. It's not even far off of Justice. The VIP-X as board flat which makes it very comfortable for short flicks, but it is just too OS to be the main approach disc.

Has there been any indication of Anvil coming out in BT plastic? Those are usually flat as well and could be beaten into whatever you want it to be. I would be interested for sure.
Anvil is unfortunately not on the published production schedule for 2021, doesn’t mean it couldn’t happen but they aren’t committing to it.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 06-30-2021, 03:36 AM
hujatsu hujatsu is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2020
Location: Finland
Posts: 9
Niced 5 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timthenchant3r View Post
Anyone know disc stores that have these? Also can anyone compare the Anvil to the A2?
Latitude's factory store does have VIP Anvils in stock.
Reply With Quote
 

  #50  
Old 06-30-2021, 08:33 AM
Flick Maniac's Avatar
Flick Maniac Flick Maniac is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Jokela, Southern Finland
Posts: 2,482
Niced 1,336 Times in 696 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaques View Post
Yeah, I got a domey Lucid and it flies almost like a beefy Verdict while the VIP-X with Nikko Halloween stamp is absolute beefcake. It's not even far off of Justice. The VIP-X as board flat which makes it very comfortable for short flicks, but it is just too OS to be the main approach disc.

Has there been any indication of Anvil coming out in BT plastic? Those are usually flat as well and could be beaten into whatever you want it to be. I would be interested for sure.
Yeah they did have Nikko By-Hybrid Anvils too. Flat and OS.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Anvil to Verdict Comparison fishballer06 Discs 9 10-08-2018 03:59 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:23 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.