Old 06-29-2021, 01:57 PM
Par Member

Niced 140 Times in 49 Posts

Anyone know disc stores that have these? Also can anyone compare the Anvil to the A2?
Sponsored Links
Old 06-29-2021, 03:00 PM
Salient/Yikun Groupie

Years Playing: 10.4
Courses Played: 121
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 2,661 Times in 1,571 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timthenchant3r View Post
Anyone know disc stores that have these? Also can anyone compare the Anvil to the A2?
Anvil is a lot like a slightly faster A2, very similar hand feel. No store I know has had any in about 10 months.

Niced: (1)
Old 06-29-2021, 04:28 PM
Double Eagle Member

Niced 1,810 Times in 921 Posts

Am I the only one who found the Anvil to be a little weird?

If I intentionally put it on an anhyzer it would pretty much hold it the whole way. It definitely held a hyzer and would do a flat to fade shot but I was surprised that every time I’d try to put it on anhyzer expecting it to fight out it didn’t.

I really liked the feel of the Anvil for forehands or backhands but switched to the Justice because it would fight out of anhyzer when the Anvil wouldn’t.

Was it just me?
Old 06-29-2021, 05:36 PM
Salient/Yikun Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1970 View Post

If I intentionally put it on an anhyzer it would pretty much hold it the whole way. It definitely held a hyzer and would do a flat to fade shot but I was surprised that every time I’d try to put it on anhyzer expecting it to fight out it didn’t.

I really liked the feel of the Anvil for forehands or backhands but switched to the Justice because it would fight out of anhyzer when the Anvil wouldn’t.

Was it just me?
No, I like the Justice better as well, more angles available and little better feel IMO.
Old 06-29-2021, 06:04 PM
Bogey Member

Courses Played: 11
Niced 23 Times in 16 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1970 View Post

Was it just me?
Which Anvil were you throwing? Was it a VIP-X (Nikko Vampire stamp) or a domey VIP/TP Anvil? I have pink VIP-X Anvil's and they will not hold an anhyzer for me.

Old 06-29-2021, 06:49 PM
Double Eagle Member

Niced 1,810 Times in 921 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemur View Post
Which Anvil were you throwing? Was it a VIP-X (Nikko Vampire stamp) or a domey VIP/TP Anvil? I have pink VIP-X Anvil's and they will not hold an anhyzer for me.

It’s a VIP. I think it’s one of the first runs. I think it even says special edition or something like that on the stamp.
Old 06-29-2021, 07:04 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 38
Niced 19 Times in 17 Posts

Yeah, I got a domey Lucid and it flies almost like a beefy Verdict while the VIP-X with Nikko Halloween stamp is absolute beefcake. It's not even far off of Justice. The VIP-X as board flat which makes it very comfortable for short flicks, but it is just too OS to be the main approach disc.

Has there been any indication of Anvil coming out in BT plastic? Those are usually flat as well and could be beaten into whatever you want it to be. I would be interested for sure.
Old 06-29-2021, 08:17 PM
Salient/Yikun Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaques View Post
Yeah, I got a domey Lucid and it flies almost like a beefy Verdict while the VIP-X with Nikko Halloween stamp is absolute beefcake. It's not even far off of Justice. The VIP-X as board flat which makes it very comfortable for short flicks, but it is just too OS to be the main approach disc.

Has there been any indication of Anvil coming out in BT plastic? Those are usually flat as well and could be beaten into whatever you want it to be. I would be interested for sure.
Anvil is unfortunately not on the published production schedule for 2021, doesn’t mean it couldn’t happen but they aren’t committing to it.

Old 06-30-2021, 03:36 AM

Niced 5 Times in 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timthenchant3r View Post
Latitude's factory store does have VIP Anvils in stock.

Old 06-30-2021, 08:33 AM
* Ace Member *

Niced 1,336 Times in 696 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaques View Post

Yeah they did have Nikko By-Hybrid Anvils too. Flat and OS.