Old 10-02-2021, 05:50 PM
Double Eagle Member

Niced 2,018 Times in 837 Posts

An underrated feature is fluorescence. Even green and yellow can be pretty easy easy to spot if they are fluorescent, especially at dawn/dusk. Fluorescent pink is the best tho.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (2)
Old 10-03-2021, 09:40 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 19.2
Courses Played: 498
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 567 Times in 243 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1970 View Post
Ha. I will not own a white disc.

Why would I throw something that has a high probability of being lost four months out of the year?

You just run along and put on some bug spray and go pet some alligators or whatever.
That's fine. When you're worried about the tape holding those pretty little ribbons to your whatever color disc in the dead of winter, think of me catching butterflies and chasing rainbows 🤗

Niced: (2)
Old 10-03-2021, 10:01 AM
* Ace Member *

Niced 1,819 Times in 923 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Butlertron View Post
That's fine. When you're worried about the tape holding those pretty little ribbons to your whatever color disc in the dead of winter, think of me catching butterflies and chasing rainbows

Butterflies and rainbows do sound more appealing than playing in heavy clothing and with bad footing for sure. I am a mosquito magnet though and if the humidity gets anywhere above fifty percent then I feel like I’m going to die so a round in Florida would likely kill me.

But, on topic, my preferred disc colors are usually orange, pink, or really bright yellows or neon greens.
Old 10-04-2021, 01:38 AM

Niced 18 Times in 11 Posts
Default The Best Color Is Obviously Blue

Blue is the best color.
It is the color least found in nature, and so it always stands out, no matter the season.
Pink is a close second- but loses out because pink just isn’t as sexy as blue. Not only are blue discs easy to spot and look cool, blue discs fly farther than all the other colors.
Old 10-04-2021, 02:05 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.5
Niced 457 Times in 270 Posts

Funny, how absolute many of the answers to a question, so much depending on the conditions, are.

IMO besides the color, the color pattern is relevant as well. It's much easier to spot a uniformly colored disc without any stamp than a burst/swirly colored disc or one with big fancy stamps.

Further more, I don't understand why fluorescent colors are not more popular/produced. They are much so much better to see.

These two aspects are independent of the actual color.

Old 10-04-2021, 06:41 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.8
Courses Played: 22
Niced 2,220 Times in 925 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meillo View Post
IMO besides the color, the color pattern is relevant as well. It's much easier to spot a uniformly colored disc without any stamp than a burst/swirly colored disc or one with big fancy stamps.
So true. I've seen guys cringe because someone shows up with a new tie-dye and everyone is worried about spending time looking for it, yet the see no problem with some swirly/color burst disc with a fancy stamp.

My favorite stamps are simple, like Innova star. No images, just some writing and a large disc of color.

Anyway, I prefer yellow, orange, light blue and pink.

Old 10-04-2021, 08:44 AM
* Ace No More *

Years Playing: 18
Courses Played: 397
Niced 9,282 Times in 3,649 Posts

Keep in mind that:

Different shades of the same color can make a huge difference. As Meillo said, fluorescent colors really tend to pop, and I too am surprised they aren't more popular. Some of the "plain old champ/Z yellow" can be a royal pain to find in green foliage with dappled sunlight, but dayglo is just fine in same situation.

Middle of the road reds, oranges, and dark blue can blend into even mowed grass quite well, whereas bright corals and light blue are much easier to spot... at least to my eyes.

And totally agree with dyes and swirls. Breaking up a solid pattern of color is pretty much camouflage 101... just look at nature.

Dyes and swirls on putters are OK, because we don't throw them as far, and typically see where they land.

But they're trouble on drivers, especially if the disc is moving at a good clip when it leaves your line of sight. Throwing a dyed driver on a blind shot is basically volunteering to lose a disc.

Niced: (3)

Last edited by BogeyNoMore; 10-04-2021 at 08:47 AM.
Old 10-04-2021, 09:41 AM
* Ace Member *

Niced 1,819 Times in 923 Posts
Default The definitive best color of a disc is...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
Blue is the best color.
It is the color least found in nature, and so it always stands out, no matter the season.
You would think blue would be easy to find but for me blue and purple and horrible colors and I really struggle with them. Could be something with my eyes.

My wife has recently started playing and she loves and bags blue discs. Being new and still developing her game she occasionally puts a shot in an overgrown place on or off the fairway and I really struggle to find her discs. Her go-to disc off the tee was a blue Diamond and a week ago she shanked it into a pond. While I was sad to see her lose her most thrown disc, part of me was happy I would never have to search for that one ever again.
Old 10-04-2021, 10:01 AM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 7
Niced 149 Times in 106 Posts

I'm a big fan of florescent greens, yellows, oranges, and pink. Some champion plastics (mostly the florescent ones) are easy to find, while others tend to become easy to walk past in shadows, and low light.

Niced: (1)

Old 10-04-2021, 10:17 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.8
Courses Played: 51
Niced 1,063 Times in 720 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis1010 View Post
Green is the worst IMO. Blends into grass, weeds, and trees. Pink or bright blue are the best.
This