#31  
Old 12-29-2021, 08:53 AM
biscoe biscoe is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: spotsylvania, va
Years Playing: 28
Courses Played: 122
Posts: 8,266
Niced 5,278 Times in 1,948 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejvogie View Post
I'm curious to hear your experience on this.

Understood though if you'd rather not air that laundry here.
Yep- I won't.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (2)
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 12-29-2021, 10:32 AM
ThrowBot's Avatar
ThrowBot ThrowBot is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Billings, MT
Years Playing: 15.9
Courses Played: 205
Throwing Style: RHFH
Posts: 1,923
Niced 1,825 Times in 688 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscoe View Post
USDGC and USADGC are manufacturer owned and do not go through a bid process.
I understand. Still expected to see it on the list of 2023 Majors.

Or does it not qualify for this thread because it isn't "Awarded" to Innova (feat. Rock Hill) every year?
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 12-29-2021, 10:36 AM
biscoe biscoe is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: spotsylvania, va
Years Playing: 28
Courses Played: 122
Posts: 8,266
Niced 5,278 Times in 1,948 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrowBot View Post
I understand. Still expected to see it on the list of 2023 Majors.

Or does it not qualify for this thread because it isn't "Awarded" to Innova (feat. Rock Hill) every year?
That would be my thought.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 12-29-2021, 11:15 AM
ToddL ToddL is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Greenville, SC
Years Playing: 26
Courses Played: 161
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,446
Niced 1,044 Times in 459 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrowBot View Post
I understand. Still expected to see it on the list of 2023 Majors.

Or does it not qualify for this thread because it isn't "Awarded" to Innova (feat. Rock Hill) every year?
Your second paragraph is correct. This isn't a list of the majors - this is a list of the results of the bid process. USDGC, USADGC, and European Open (assuming it happens) are not awarded bids and do not have anything to announce. When we announce their dates, they will be on the list.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 12-29-2021, 11:36 AM
biscoe biscoe is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: spotsylvania, va
Years Playing: 28
Courses Played: 122
Posts: 8,266
Niced 5,278 Times in 1,948 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddL View Post
Your second paragraph is correct. This isn't a list of the majors - this is a list of the results of the bid process. USDGC, USADGC, and European Open (assuming it happens) are not awarded bids and do not have anything to announce. When we announce their dates, they will be on the list.
Who owns the European Open?
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 12-29-2021, 01:27 PM
ejvogie's Avatar
ejvogie ejvogie is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Toledo, OH
Years Playing: 13.7
Courses Played: 171
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 5,204
Niced 1,721 Times in 744 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscoe View Post
Who owns the European Open?
https://www.pdga.com/tour/event/56013

Looks like Discmania
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 12-29-2021, 02:23 PM
BillFleming BillFleming is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: Arizona
Years Playing: 3.4
Courses Played: 7
Throwing Style: RHFH
Posts: 1,812
Niced 1,297 Times in 724 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejvogie View Post
From a TD friend;

Breakdown of drama at sanctioned events:

MPO - 90%
Women's divisions - 9%
Everyone else - 1%
I'd like to know what qualifies as 'drama'. If there are issues, it seems to affect pros more than ams (money is involved - and they know the rules better than most ams). And there are more MPO players than FPO players - so I'm not surprised to hear more 'drama' comes from MPO players.

However, what is the 'drama'? A rules issue? Like Paul McBeth's "is it out or not" at that one island hole. I have been in a tournament (I think it was a B-tier) where a bunch of MPO players called the PDGA to complain about an island hole and how it was being played. I don't recall the TD saying any FPO or AMs complained....just that several MPO players called/emailed the PDGA while the round was being played and didn't have the courtesy to talk to him (the TD) first.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 12-29-2021, 03:37 PM
ToddL ToddL is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Greenville, SC
Years Playing: 26
Courses Played: 161
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,446
Niced 1,044 Times in 459 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscoe View Post
Who owns the European Open?
I'm not sure about the details of ownership, but EO doesn't go through the same bid process as these other ones.
https://www.pdga.com/bids/2023-pdga-...al-bid-package
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 12-29-2021, 03:42 PM
DanJon DanJon is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Wisconsin
Years Playing: 18.2
Courses Played: 33
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 7,731
Niced 2,001 Times in 886 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscoe View Post
Who owns the European Open?

Isn't it Spin18/Innova Europe?
Reply With Quote
 

  #40  
Old 12-29-2021, 05:57 PM
ejvogie's Avatar
ejvogie ejvogie is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Toledo, OH
Years Playing: 13.7
Courses Played: 171
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 5,204
Niced 1,721 Times in 744 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillFleming View Post
I'd like to know what qualifies as 'drama'. If there are issues, it seems to affect pros more than ams (money is involved - and they know the rules better than most ams). And there are more MPO players than FPO players - so I'm not surprised to hear more 'drama' comes from MPO players.

However, what is the 'drama'? A rules issue? Like Paul McBeth's "is it out or not" at that one island hole. I have been in a tournament (I think it was a B-tier) where a bunch of MPO players called the PDGA to complain about an island hole and how it was being played. I don't recall the TD saying any FPO or AMs complained....just that several MPO players called/emailed the PDGA while the round was being played and didn't have the courtesy to talk to him (the TD) first.
IIRC, it's general whining/b1tch1ng/pettiness/attitude. I'd have to ask him to clarify, but that's maybe in my 6th tier of crap I'd care to do

Niced: (1)

Last edited by ejvogie; 12-29-2021 at 06:00 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2021 PDGA Majors locations announced puttlikeablowfly Tournaments & Leagues 30 12-21-2019 10:40 AM
2018 Pdga Majors, NTs, and Tour events brutalbrutus General Disc Golf Chat 81 02-16-2018 02:01 PM
2017 PDGA Majors Hyzer Ale Tournaments & Leagues 30 05-31-2016 11:11 AM
Disc golf majors compared to ball golf majors paulw Tournaments & Leagues 15 11-05-2013 08:54 PM
Losing Majors jenb General Disc Golf Chat 33 09-06-2012 09:01 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:37 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.