Old 01-17-2022, 11:52 PM
Par Member

Niced 88 Times in 49 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by strunk flugget View Post
I have two relays, one R2 and one stock Neutron. The flight plates are definitely different feeling. Neutron has some flex and feels like good plastic. The R2 has noticeably more flex and feels almost a little rubbery.
Yeah, I'm having trouble telling the difference between it and my other neutron plastic so I'm going to assume it's the same deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrowaEnvy
I wouldn't call plasma all that much more gummy, a little extra flex like the R2 though. R2 I think would be pretty good in winter, it's kinda like having an extra month of seasoning on a disc at least with my Spin.

I like plasma in the winter, it's my go to unless I can throw electron but I haven't thrown it much below -5 so I don't know how it would hold up.
Might put my plasma photon back in the bag to test then. Been hunting some solid winter plastics that have good grip and durable in dry cold weather. Have a GStar Teebird3 which is perfect for conditions here, along with FP and HP plastic from DareDevil.

Basically trying to round out a small bag for winter and want to get some grippy mids and fairways in there. Would love to have a grippy Servo or Inspire. Could just continue my method of warming the lock point with hand warmers haha.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-18-2022, 08:30 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.9
Courses Played: 26
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 2,135 Times in 1,092 Posts

C'mon MVP, run some more f'n Ohms already. Got mine from a used bin so I'd like to see how I like a fresh one. Put an Envy back in the bag since I have plenty of them and confirmed the Ohm just fits my game better.

In Hex news, I really dig it in the woods. Excellent for straight touch FH shots, still trying to dial it in BH but it's earned a spot in my bag.

So yeah, tried a couple rounds with Envy/Uplink and confirmed Ohm/Hex works better for me.
Old 01-18-2022, 11:50 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 22
Courses Played: 280
Niced 3,019 Times in 1,151 Posts

Just received a stack of Envies - mix of soft, regular, and firm Electron. I bagged the Envy before Electron plastic was available, so I am looking forward to tossing these once the ice melts.
Old 01-18-2022, 12:43 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 1,819 Times in 923 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monocacy View Post
Just received a stack of Envies - mix of soft, regular, and firm Electron. I bagged the Envy before Electron plastic was available, so I am looking forward to tossing these once the ice melts.

I used to throw soft neutrons, plasmas, and protons. Found out I much prefer the feel of the electrons and switched to the firms.

They are generally a little less stable than their premium plastic counterparts so be prepared.

I bag an overstable putter (currently a Pig) so having a longer, straighter putter in the electron Envy is handy.

Niced: (1)
Old 01-18-2022, 01:07 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1970 View Post
I used to throw soft neutrons, plasmas, and protons. Found out I much prefer the feel of the electrons and switched to the firms.
Yes, these feel very nice. I plan to put two regular, one soft, and one firm Electron in the car and see how they do on the course.

Quote:
They are generally a little less stable than their premium plastic counterparts so be prepared.
That would be perfect! Really icy here but they seemed to fly nice and straight on a couple of tosses in the yard.

Quote:
I bag an overstable putter (currently a Pig) so having a longer, straighter putter in the electron Envy is handy.
Yes, I bag a medium Harp for OS duties.
Old 01-18-2022, 01:28 PM
* Ace Member *

Almost hit a 260’ ace yesterday with a firm electron Envy. It was tracking and I thought I had it but it dropped short and was under the basket against the pole. Sadly took the birdie and continued my lifelong streak of zero aces.

Niced: (1)
Old 01-18-2022, 03:15 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Almost hit a 260’ ace yesterday with a firm electron Envy. It was tracking and I thought I had it but it dropped short and was under the basket against the pole. Sadly took the birdie and continued my lifelong streak of zero aces.
Bummer. Bunch of rounds at Beaver Ranch - Bluebird (clicky) should solve the ace drought.
Old 01-18-2022, 03:31 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monocacy View Post
Bummer. Bunch of rounds at Beaver Ranch - Bluebird (clicky) should solve the ace drought.

Nah. Those don’t count. I made a post or thread here about anything under 200’ not really counting. Pretty sure not too many people agreed with me.

Its sort of a running joke with the guys I play with that when someone hits a short ace you congratulate them by saying “nice putt”.

Niced: (2)
Old 01-18-2022, 03:54 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 2
Niced 712 Times in 334 Posts

Quote:
it dropped short and was under the basket against the pole
This was a perfect shot, congrats!

Niced: (2)

Old 01-18-2022, 09:16 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 34.1
Courses Played: 5
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 2,387 Times in 1,508 Posts

Quote:
Nah. Those don’t count. I made a post or thread here about anything under 200’ not really counting. Pretty sure not too many people agreed with me.

Its sort of a running joke with the guys I play with that when someone hits a short ace you congratulate them by saying “nice putt”.
F**k yo friends, and their couch. In is in. I play a short course all the time, it still pays. Call it what you want as long as it's not a cubby. I would demand ace restitution if I hit one with your friends.

Boohoo not long enough? Is your disc in? No well mine is! What do I mark on my scorecard? 1.5? I think not I Card a 1!

Have you hit one of those? They count, longer ones are even cooler.

So if all the baskets are 450'+ should everyone be denied an ace that doesn't throw 500+? Who's dumbass arbitrary idiot rule/length is that? What do you tell the kids? Bah!

Throw that envy again and hit it next time, just start running holes. If you are real hungry start blowing a relay or leopard on a laser. Disc up. Blow past, f it. Ace or nothing, if you really want an ace plan on 40' overshoot and you will putt even better!

Niced: (3)