Old 02-09-2021, 03:02 PM
Pandamonium Discs

Years Playing: 15.7
Courses Played: 214
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1,818 Times in 756 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscFifty View Post
I also enjoy Terry in the booth or out on the field. But you still have to blame the gaps, boring bits on poor poor preparation by whoever is producing the live coverage. They could easily fill gaps by having pre-rolled player profile segments, in the (tournament) bags, interviews with past winners, legacy players, etc. Would love to see Doss transition to field reporter (I think he would be ideal for this) and have Terry full time in the booth.
Yea, the problems with b-roll and such for me has been that it has been very repetitive in the past. I have an unjustified hate for OTB because of their commercials and how annoying and repetitive they are.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-09-2021, 04:19 PM
Double Eagle Member

Niced 2,222 Times in 538 Posts

Quote:
I also enjoy Terry in the booth or out on the field. But you still have to blame the gaps, boring bits on poor poor preparation by whoever is producing the live coverage. They could easily fill gaps by having pre-rolled player profile segments, in the (tournament) bags, interviews with past winners, legacy players, etc. Would love to see Doss transition to field reporter (I think he would be ideal for this) and have Terry full time in the booth.
"easily fill gaps"... Very easy to say, hard to do.
20+ live events. Figure we would need at least 2-3 preproduced segments per day. Unless you want us to repeat these as well throughout the year? That would be over 40-60 pre-produced segments for the entire season that someone has to write, film, edit, and graphic. That would be a fulltime person gig most likely, maybe more if you want them to be time sensitive and relevant to the event.

Last year we didn't even have enough time to put all of our commercials into a day because we were showing so much golf and stats.

Now, as far as this 4th major goes. I don't like the format, I don't think that it is a good format for live production. The great thing that we have done with the DGPT is having all the cameras to cut to shots. And I think someone said it earlier... I hope you enjoy watching people walk down fairways. Because with only 1 card to cover... yuck. That is a LOT of dead air to fill.

Old 02-09-2021, 04:33 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 16.2
Courses Played: 64
Niced 551 Times in 308 Posts

Has it been stated how the match play seeds will be determined if there are ties within the top 4? if seeds 2 and 3 are tied that doesn't matter, but say 1-3 are tied and fourth place was 10 strokes behind ... who gets the 1 seed and the advantage of playing against someone distinctly worse?
Old 02-09-2021, 05:24 PM
Par Delusionary

Years Playing: 48
Courses Played: 479
Niced 3,605 Times in 1,645 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvphobic View Post
...And I think someone said it earlier... I hope you enjoy watching people walk down fairways. Because with only 1 card to cover... yuck. That is a LOT of dead air to fill.
So you're suggesting they do the match play part on the Short Tees to A Positions on the "Steady" Ed course?
Old 02-09-2021, 06:32 PM
Banned

Years Playing: 11.2
Courses Played: 20
Niced 2,116 Times in 1,170 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvphobic View Post
"easily fill gaps"... Very easy to say, hard to do.
Very true, ideas are free. I hope the DGPT adds more player profiles, back stories, etc. There is plenty of disc golf content you could possibly license for use in the broadcasts. Maybe that's a direction to take since most pros are now content creators.
Old 02-09-2021, 09:25 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 26
Courses Played: 161
Niced 1,044 Times in 459 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan P. View Post
Has it been stated how the match play seeds will be determined if there are ties within the top 4? if seeds 2 and 3 are tied that doesn't matter, but say 1-3 are tied and fourth place was 10 strokes behind ... who gets the 1 seed and the advantage of playing against someone distinctly worse?
No, it has not been stated.
Old 02-10-2021, 10:11 AM
Double Eagle Member

Niced 2,222 Times in 538 Posts

Quote:
Very true, ideas are free. I hope the DGPT adds more player profiles, back stories, etc. There is plenty of disc golf content you could possibly license for use in the broadcasts. Maybe that's a direction to take since most pros are now content creators.
I know that the DGPT is working with a few people to help provide some pieces. I don't know the exact amount. I too want more content and "filler" pieces licensed out.

Niced: (1)
Old 09-23-2021, 10:21 AM
Flippy Flopper

Years Playing: 29
Courses Played: 145
Niced 1,671 Times in 615 Posts

https://www.pdga.com/news/inaugural-...ented-bushnell
Old 09-23-2021, 10:38 AM
Tiny White Balls

Years Playing: 38.4
Courses Played: 10
Niced 325 Times in 218 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmandiscer View Post
I think the tournament should be 3 rounds of stroke play. 6 make the playoffs. Top 2 get a bye into the semi's. Then matchplay from there. Tiebreakers in stroke play playoff sudden death.

So I don't mind the format, I like giving the top 2 from stroke play an advantage and a bye though. It would give the stroke play more meaning and drama for performing well in the first portion.
That's a terrible idea that sounds like it came from some crappy C Tier. You don't switch from stroke to match at that late stage. Someone could win stroke play by 15 shots and still not win the tourney by getting beat by one stro0ke in match play. i could see 2 rounds of stroke play dropping the field to 32 players where you then go to match play, Kind of like ball golf's US Am, but taking top 4 to match play sounds extremely stupid to me.

Old 09-23-2021, 11:50 AM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 1
Niced 823 Times in 430 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by araytx View Post
I've always liked the idea of majors with different formats. If we can zero-in on "the grand slam of disc golf" then we have a legit way to compare champions. Like the way we compare Tiger's 15 majors to Jack's 18. Or Federer & Nadal at 20 with Djoker at 17. To win in multiple kinds of major events really showcases true talent.
djokovic has 20 too lol