#1381  
Old 12-11-2018, 08:22 PM
F. Howl's Avatar
F. Howl F. Howl is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Los Angeles
Years Playing: 10.7
Courses Played: 31
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,962
Niced 1,130 Times in 621 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by discerdoo View Post
Got a pink and a purple f'n Roach in the mail today. Prolly gonna hafta wait until the weekend to throw one.
Threw mine on my lunch break today. Exact same stability as the Ti Ledgestone run:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20181211_140921_resized.jpg (148.1 KB, 177 views)
Sponsored Links

Reply With Quote
  #1382  
Old 12-11-2018, 08:38 PM
discerdoo's Avatar
discerdoo discerdoo is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Years Playing: 3.6
Courses Played: 12
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,319
Niced 1,040 Times in 562 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by F. Howl View Post
Threw mine on my lunch break today. Exact same stability as the Ti Ledgestone run:
Umm, I'm hoping for nicely stable, like true 0 hst and mild/moderate fade. I wanna kick the P Envy out and the Big Z Roach I have is a little touchy with much wind. I bag a JB for US putter stuff.

So do tell, what is your stability assessment?
Reply With Quote
  #1383  
Old 12-11-2018, 09:13 PM
GripEnemy's Avatar
GripEnemy GripEnemy is offline
Thread_Killer :::crickets:::
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Years Playing: 17.8
Courses Played: 41
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 3,993
Niced 731 Times in 417 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike Hyzer View Post
I really hope they don't take the Predator out of production. The flight is unique and great. I think it feels really good BH (better than similar options in its class) but took me forever to like it FH.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk
As a near 17yr BH dominant player I loathe the way the Predator feels. I'd be thrilled to see a replacement that's more comfortable...says the guy that finally switched from Banshees to Firebirds.

To each their own!

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #1384  
Old 12-11-2018, 09:13 PM
F. Howl's Avatar
F. Howl F. Howl is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Los Angeles
Years Playing: 10.7
Courses Played: 31
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,962
Niced 1,130 Times in 621 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by discerdoo View Post
Umm, I'm hoping for nicely stable, like true 0 hst and mild/moderate fade. I wanna kick the P Envy out and the Big Z Roach I have is a little touchy with much wind. I bag a JB for US putter stuff.

So do tell, what is your stability assessment?
Sorry, but unless you wanna start adding a pinch of hyzer to your putter throws (that's what I do), i don't think these are going to be replacing your Envy. I can lay into an Envy like a mid, and with a flat release, it'll hold. Maybe you have better form with a putter though...

I don't use the Roach for that. I mostly do 1steps or standstills out to 200 or so.
Reply With Quote
  #1385  
Old 12-11-2018, 09:23 PM
discerdoo's Avatar
discerdoo discerdoo is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Years Playing: 3.6
Courses Played: 12
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,319
Niced 1,040 Times in 562 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by F. Howl View Post
Sorry, but unless you wanna start adding a pinch of hyzer to your putter throws (that's what I do), i don't think these are going to be replacing your Envy. I can lay into an Envy like a mid, and with a flat release, it'll hold. Maybe you have better form with a putter though...

I don't use the Roach for that. I mostly do 1steps or standstills out to 200 or so.
So pretty similar stability to Big Z? Oh well, the hell with mold minimization anyway.
Reply With Quote
  #1386  
Old 12-11-2018, 10:12 PM
GripEnemy's Avatar
GripEnemy GripEnemy is offline
Thread_Killer :::crickets:::
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Years Playing: 17.8
Courses Played: 41
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 3,993
Niced 731 Times in 417 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by discerdoo View Post
So pretty similar stability to Big Z? Oh well, the hell with mold minimization anyway.
Or, ya know, add a hint of hyzer to your release










Cue release angle debate

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #1387  
Old 12-11-2018, 10:30 PM
discerdoo's Avatar
discerdoo discerdoo is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Years Playing: 3.6
Courses Played: 12
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,319
Niced 1,040 Times in 562 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GripEnemy View Post
Or, ya know, add a hint of hyzer to your release










Cue release angle debate
Yeah, yeah......Envy can take a pretty good rip, even into a bit of headwind and especially the Proton I've been throwing, and they can go far. Roaches I've thrown are more finesse, like FHowl said.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #1388  
Old 12-12-2018, 03:02 AM
Jolt Jolt is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Sweden
Posts: 2,727
Niced 1,598 Times in 914 Posts
Default

Buying discs is frustrating. . .bought a PREDATOR for testing, really liked it so i orderd 3 more, same weight and color. . and the new ones looks nothing like the first one

The first one was nice and flat. . the 3 new ones all have a big dome. . BIG difference

I like to have 3-5 discs of the same mould for practise . . but to find 3-5 that looks, feels and flies the same is HARD!! ( same for every brand )
Reply With Quote
  #1389  
Old 12-12-2018, 12:12 PM
F. Howl's Avatar
F. Howl F. Howl is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Los Angeles
Years Playing: 10.7
Courses Played: 31
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,962
Niced 1,130 Times in 621 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by discerdoo View Post
So pretty similar stability to Big Z? Oh well, the hell with mold minimization anyway.
I've had 4 Big Z's and they all had a touch less stability than the Ti. Hopefully they're what you are looking for.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
 

  #1390  
Old 12-12-2018, 12:28 PM
F. Howl's Avatar
F. Howl F. Howl is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Los Angeles
Years Playing: 10.7
Courses Played: 31
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,962
Niced 1,130 Times in 621 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolt View Post
Buying discs is frustrating. . .bought a PREDATOR for testing, really liked it so i orderd 3 more, same weight and color. . and the new ones looks nothing like the first one

The first one was nice and flat. . the 3 new ones all have a big dome. . BIG difference

I like to have 3-5 discs of the same mould for practise . . but to find 3-5 that looks, feels and flies the same is HARD!! ( same for every brand )
I'm a Machete man myself (haven't seen any variations in the mold yet), but when I use to throw Preds I never came across any domey ones. Sites like http://www.discbaron.com/Discraft-Predator-s/3228.htm
list the profile (domey, flat, puddle top, etc) Looks like they have 5 flatties if you are still looking... OTB discs is another one that has that detail.
Also, most sites are happy to tell you about the profiles. Just shoot them an email.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discraft Sale, throwers/collectors, low prices zmannz1984 The Marketplace 4 07-08-2016 10:18 PM
DGCR scores vs. the rest scores Grinder12000 General Disc Golf Chat 14 06-25-2013 07:59 PM
Innova/Discraft/Gateway/Cryztal/Glow/12X as low as $4.50 shipped!! Bamm The Marketplace 3 05-28-2012 10:51 PM
Low Priced Discraft...1 Rare....Cash Prices.... kffreddy The Marketplace 11 02-17-2012 05:35 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:41 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.