Old 01-19-2019, 12:03 AM
Bogey Member

Courses Played: 2
Niced 74 Times in 31 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrotherDave View Post
I'm pretty stoked about double bogeys to be honest.

I think if we ever do this, we're gonna play Capt's Choice and use scores relative to par to determine the winner. If my partner and I play some good DG and get some throw-ins we might be able to make it close. I'm not sure Capt's Choice would really benefit the ball golfers as much as it potentially could us.
If by Capt's Choice you mean scramble or simply "doubles" in disc golf parlance, I would say that you will get completely scrubbed. The potential for score variance is just so much greater in ball golf. Two crappy golfers still won't shoot under 100.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-19-2019, 11:04 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.3
Courses Played: 27
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 483 Times in 297 Posts

Agreed. I've never heard the term captain's choice before, but assuming that means scramble then it's really not going to be close. Two bogey golfers playing scramble together will likely be close to even par. You'll lose the ball golf round by 18-24 strokes.

Renegotiate! Make the golfers play their own ball and average their scores, while you guys get the benefit of scramble.
Old 01-19-2019, 05:11 PM
Verified Jurkface

Years Playing: 12.5
Courses Played: 168
Niced 2,366 Times in 1,105 Posts

I asked the golfers what they'd probably shoot playing Capt's Choice (yes, that's what we call doubles around here where both players throw and usually you take the best one but if both throws are the same/bad, the "capt." has final say on which lie to use) and one guy said par and the other said under par or par at worst.

Either of the golf courses we're likely to use are really open without a lot of water or ball eating rough.

Old 01-19-2019, 06:52 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.3
Courses Played: 27
Niced 483 Times in 297 Posts

I'm telling you Dave, make them play their own ball. You'll get absolutely crushed if both teams get to play captain's choice. But if only your team does while they have to feel the pain of every missed 3 ft putt and every penalty stroke, you should be able to hang close. You'd be amazed how well crappy golfers can score when they get two chances at every shot.