Old 06-04-2018, 12:53 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 9.3
Courses Played: 22
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 15 Times in 4 Posts
Default 2018 Form Analysis Request

I've been trying to get through my latest distance plateau. My drives are typically out to 360 and sometimes 400' (these drives were a little longer, but they were downhill). I feel like I'm capable of more. Here are a couple of videos of my form.
Any recommendations?

Sponsored Links
Old 06-04-2018, 03:43 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 13.5
Courses Played: 220
Niced 2,989 Times in 1,822 Posts

You are really leaning back over the rear leg during the x-step, so your front foot leads your stride instead of you hips/butt/weight. That puts you into a really wide immoveable horsestance instead of quick athletic stance.

Also looks like you are swinging down over top the disc with the nose up. If you threw nose down with that trajectory it would a worm burner. Need to swing slightly upward with the nose down. Also you are rounding a bit taking the disc back behind you/body too far around, so your backswing is always going counterclockwise through the transition then back clockwise forward the entire swing. If you watch the top pros, they swing more inside-out in the backswing which keeps the disc on a straighter line and even reverses direction in the backswing and forward swing.

Start with Power of Posture and Hershyzer 2:
https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forum...d.php?t=119328

Note how KJ's arc appears like a sine wave, changing direction on a straighter line in front of his center of mass and reverses arc direction closer to his chest through the center axis so it's wide - narrow - wide. The Rounder on the bottom crosses behind his center of mass, and when the disc crosses back in front it never changes arc direction.

Niced: (1)

Old 06-04-2018, 04:55 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 9.3
Courses Played: 22
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 15 Times in 4 Posts

Thanks, Sidewinder22! I figured it was something like what you pointed out, but I wasn't sure where to start with correcting it. Now I have somewhere to start and plenty of home/field work to do!