Old 10-28-2019, 06:00 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.8
Courses Played: 29
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 356 Times in 227 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hampstead View Post
No way to remember all the times we've let casuals play through during a weekly. We let them know the situation, give them an invite for next time and then sit back and patiently wait a few while they play the hole. Hardly an inconvenience.
Always, always this. A lot of casual players don't even know the league is going on, I mean how would they? Just because they see four players playing a round together? I mean it's not like we're wearing t-shirts that say, "we're playing in a league right now".
Sponsored Links

Niced: (3)
Old 10-29-2019, 01:01 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 36.1
Courses Played: 2
Niced 82 Times in 49 Posts

You all are completely misjudging the situation. We always try to accommodate players while we are playing league. There is generally the majority of the holes open and we also let people who start behind us play through if they catch us. Unfortunately not all groups play faster. Sometimes they are significantly slower. The one instance I had there was a temporary backup on the course and a notoriously slow non -league group had somehow gotten in the Que. Most days they let us through. That day they were defiant about letting the league play through. That was when I asserted the league priority / course reservation and let them know they were welcome to play behind us. They then complained vehemently online about it being a public course and all that and the disrespect they were shown. We try to respect everyone, but unfortunately not everyone, all the time deserves that respect. Work with us, we work with you. Case in point the guy interfering with cross country. Jerks are jerks and sometimes need to be treated accordingly.

Niced: (1)
Old 10-29-2019, 07:54 AM
Par Member

Courses Played: 4
Niced 285 Times in 89 Posts

It's a public course. Unless you are reserving the course through your park district, you can't assert a damn thing.

Old 10-29-2019, 09:24 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 11.6
Courses Played: 27
Niced 121 Times in 33 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by perklc View Post
It's a public course. Unless you are reserving the course through your park district, you can't assert a damn thing.
I was going to say this. Same thing with a ball diamond, tennis court, soccer field etc. If it's not reserved, it's open to the public. If a group (league) wants to pay to have exclusive rights to the disc golf course (or at least secure it in writing), then they have every right to tell anyone to take a hike.

Niced: (1)
Old 10-29-2019, 09:29 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 24.7
Courses Played: 94
Niced 2,331 Times in 952 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballgolfconvert View Post
You all are completely misjudging the situation. We always try to accommodate players while we are playing league. There is generally the majority of the holes open and we also let people who start behind us play through if they catch us. Unfortunately not all groups play faster. Sometimes they are significantly slower. The one instance I had there was a temporary backup on the course and a notoriously slow non -league group had somehow gotten in the Que. Most days they let us through. That day they were defiant about letting the league play through. That was when I asserted the league priority / course reservation and let them know they were welcome to play behind us. They then complained vehemently online about it being a public course and all that and the disrespect they were shown. We try to respect everyone, but unfortunately not everyone, all the time deserves that respect. Work with us, we work with you. Case in point the guy interfering with cross country. Jerks are jerks and sometimes need to be treated accordingly.
Can you please answer these questions about your league:
1. Do you have an actual agreement in place with the course ownership (I assume parks dept) to hold leagues at the course in question?

2. Does this agreement allow you to close the course for leagues?

Niced: (4)
Old 10-29-2019, 09:33 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15.5
Courses Played: 87
Niced 1,850 Times in 750 Posts

Quote:
You all are completely misjudging the situation.
If a bunch of people are misjudging the situation then the issue is probably that you didn't explain yourself well.

Quote:
We always try to accommodate players while we are playing league.
Quote:
That was when I asserted the league priority / course reservation and let them know they were welcome to play behind us.
Always?

Quote:
They then complained vehemently online about it being a public course and all that and the disrespect they were shown. We try to respect everyone, but unfortunately not everyone, all the time deserves that respect. Work with us, we work with you.
Well...they were right. They have just as much right to a public course as you. Dang dude I'll say it again: LET IT GO. If they hold you up they hold you up. Gain a little perspective here - it's just a league. You didn't rent out the entire course for your exclusive use so if they're DB's let them be DB's. So you have to wait a few extra minutes...who cares????

Niced: (2)
Old 10-29-2019, 10:08 AM
Par Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by perklc View Post
We do have the course reserved for the league every week. It has been mentioned numerous times. Yet we still let everyone play and try to accommodate them. This one time guys were jerks and were not willing to cooperate. only then did I assert my right. They had the choice to wait or go to another hole. I assume the people rallying against leagues and giving them any respect would be the same way. Almost all of you should know better, and if you condone the behavior of the folks who i had an issue with, then you are no better than them.
Old 10-29-2019, 10:10 AM
Par Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscoe View Post
Can you please answer these questions about your league:
1. Do you have an actual agreement in place with the course ownership (I assume parks dept) to hold leagues at the course in question?

2. Does this agreement allow you to close the course for leagues?
Yes to both questions, but we don't close the course and we accommodate non-league golfers.
Old 10-29-2019, 10:25 AM
Par Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscgolfStu View Post
I was going to say this. Same thing with a ball diamond, tennis court, soccer field etc. If it's not reserved, it's open to the public. If a group (league) wants to pay to have exclusive rights to the disc golf course (or at least secure it in writing), then they have every right to tell anyone to take a hike.
So if two people are in the middle of a tennis game, how exactly are you going to take their court? Or if a couple of groups are playing a casual softball game. Are you going go to the mound and start hurling pitches. Explains a bunch when folks need to come up ridiculous situations to justify their views.

Old 10-29-2019, 10:32 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9.4
Courses Played: 87
Niced 114 Times in 44 Posts

Quote:
Yes to both questions, but we don't close the course and we accommodate non-league golfers.
I would venture to guess you don't close the course because you can't. If you're in a public park you are dead wrong plain and simple.

Unless you are shelling out money to rent the park and shut it down you have no more right to play there then they do.

Open a private course and you can do whatever you please, in a public space you will have to deal with casuals. Love your dedication to trying to make everyone believe you are right though.

Niced: (2)