Old 02-03-2009, 01:47 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 11.1
Courses Played: 1091
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 68 Times in 32 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to harr0140
Default Louisville . . . Here I come

I am going to be in louisville by about 10 AM wednesday the 4th of February. I will be there until maybe 6 PM Tuesday the 10th. I have conference downtown at the Galt House and am trying to find out the status of some courses around the area. I have been updated by a few people on a few courses . . . thanks guys . . . no need to reply to this. But if you have any updates for any courses from Freeman Lake to Southern Indiana let me know. I am concerned with difficulty of course (because my wife will be there). I am most concerned about the current conditions on the courses such as snow cover, ice damage and cleanup completed?. I would like to get out to at least 3 or 4 places. I will probably do two rounds on Wednesday during the day, and I may not have another chance until the afternoon of the 9th or the morning of the 10th. I would be happy to meet up with some of you guys but also realize I am fairly new to the sport so I am not a stud disc golfer. I picked the sport up 1/1/09 and have played 24 rounds in 33 days. (I'll explain how I can do this if we meet up). I have been shooting a range of 10-20 over par on a par 72 (24 hole) 7135 course that is slightly wooded and has a fair amount of elevation change. I throw an average 180-200 on my drives but I have busted a few out over 250-275 and my longest is like 290 but that was slightly downhill and slightly downwind.

So thats all my info, now what do you locals to Louisville have for me. I will contact you guys when I get to Louisville. If you are available during the day wednesday just give me a call my # is 262 894 3404. If you want to try and make Monday the 9th work, or Tuesday the 10th let me know. Some of my rounds will be played with my wife and others will not, so if there is one tough awesome course you want to recommend let me know Ill schedule that for when it is just me. My wife would prefer gently wooded, no water, and rolling terrain is fine but no steep hiking. Also different sets of tees would be best for when I play with her.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-03-2009, 02:21 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.8
Courses Played: 55
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

i think several of the courses are going to have some trees and limbs on them...with the focus on getting people's power back on, i doubt much cleanup has happened...i know that vettiner has some obstacles, not too bad, but it can be a treacherous course when it is soggy, which it will be at least for tomorrow, might dry out some by early next week, but i think it is supposed to rain over the weekend...radcliff as well gets very nasty when it is soaked, but is a great course...can't speak for iroquois as far as damage, but i bet there are a lot of trees down, and it is also nasty when wet...freeman is about the only one that handles moisture pretty well, but reports i've heard is that several trees are down on the front nine, maybe only hole 7 is significantly impeding play...if you are playing freeman around lunchtime (11:30-12:00) tomorrow i might be able to make it out...if not same time monday or tuesday at the same time...

Old 02-03-2009, 06:29 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 16.3
Courses Played: 262
Niced 42 Times in 3 Posts

Iroquois is doing pretty well after the ice storm. Some of the pads are icy so I drove from behind them. The hill was slippery in some places so I was very careful, but the course is definitely playable. There are trees and limbs down, but the only one to really interfere with play was in front of 17's pad. I had to move to the right about 15 feet to get a clear shot.