Old 11-30-2020, 07:54 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 1,060 Times in 802 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexplz View Post
If I were named Dave D, I know I would obsess over my failed experiments. "I just know if I got that rim right the VRoc would really catch fire! This time we've struck gold for sure, let's just call it something aggressive and drop the 'V'"
Yeah. I have 1 Lion, and the first thing I thought when I held it for the first time was VRoc. The Lion is a decent mid, but there are already several other molds that are super similar.

I definitely am not crazy about that VRoc rim though. I much prefer a Roc3 type rim.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-30-2020, 09:16 PM
Size Queen

Niced 238 Times in 158 Posts

Is Sexton throwing the Lion? I know GG throws the Wombat3. I'm just trying to think what Honda discs pro's are throwing.

As far as molds we got?

Manta, Lion, Wombat/3, VRoc. Did I miss any?
Old 11-30-2020, 10:44 PM

Years Playing: 2.5
Courses Played: 20
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 2 Times in 2 Posts

I have a couple DX Lion's, really love the feel of them but even brand new I don't think their flight numbers are accurate. If I put a decent amount of power on these they're very straight with minimal fade, but I can get some great distance from them. Throwing these into a 10+ mph headwind and they flatten quickly and start turning. I was hoping they would be a little less glidey MD2 based on the numbers but not the case in DX plastic, I would assume in star plastic these are a bit more overstable.

Old 12-01-2020, 01:49 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 2
Niced 645 Times in 424 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmandiscer View Post
Is Sexton throwing the Lion? I know GG throws the Wombat3. I'm just trying to think what Honda discs pro's are throwing.

As far as molds we got?

Manta, Lion, Wombat/3, VRoc. Did I miss any?
Last in the bag, it was like a Lion, a Rancho Roc, and like a Mako3 or something. It's actually hilarious the extent to which most pros don't seem to sweat their setup too much, and just roll with what feels right moment to moment. Also kind of droll to me is that GG, with possibly the most raw power on tour (I suspect that his throwing style may be putting extra RPMs on the disc as opposed to the lanky guys), is bagging Sonics and Wombats. Wombat(3) by the way takes the cake for me as maybe the worst hand feel I've ever encountered. Sharp convex rim with a big bead? puke

Last edited by Alexplz; 12-01-2020 at 01:52 PM.