Old 04-18-2021, 09:09 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 11
Niced 39 Times in 27 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm0514 View Post
What do you mean thicker rim? A mid that's chunkier or a fairway that has a wider rim?
"Thicker" as in wider and/or deeper. Something more for my fingers to hold onto.
Doesn't matter if it's mid or fairway as long as it's not significantly longer than a Buzzz
Sponsored Links
Old 04-18-2021, 09:23 PM
Double Eagle Member

Niced 1,497 Times in 615 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwalk77 View Post
"Thicker" as in wider and/or deeper. Something more for my fingers to hold onto.
Doesn't matter if it's mid or fairway as long as it's not significantly longer than a Buzzz
I think that’s going to be a challenge. Anything with a wider rim is going to tend to be a fairway driver and longer, anything with a deeper rim is probably a putter and will have a deep but skinny rim plus more of a putter flight.

Niced: (1)
Old 04-19-2021, 12:26 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 38
Courses Played: 217
Niced 61 Times in 36 Posts

DGA Rift has a slightly thicker rim than a Buzzz, and a similar flight, my sample of one is a touch more OS than the average Buzzz I've thrown.

Zombee would be my other suggestion. Rim is quite a bit beefier with a similar neutral flight, but it is faster than a Buzzz.
Old 04-19-2021, 07:43 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.9
Courses Played: 5
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1,070 Times in 480 Posts

What is your opinion on beaded discs? Roc/Roc3/Wasp/etc will sit in your hand differently.
Old 04-19-2021, 08:03 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 19
Courses Played: 105
Niced 238 Times in 111 Posts

Zombee maybe?

Niced: (2)
Old 04-19-2021, 09:35 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.6
Courses Played: 46
Niced 1,093 Times in 655 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwalk77 View Post
That is a quandary. Can't really go up to a fairway then, as I imagine all neutral-to-US fairway drivers will easily outpace your Buzzz.

If you have a local shop, I'd recommend feeling an Emac Truth and a Roc next to your Buzzz and see if either of those feel better. For me personally, there is a significant difference in hand comfort among those three workhorse mids. Roc will be the deepest but also the most stable. So you may need to go with a less stable plastic than normal if the Roc is what fits your hand. I personally gravitate toward the Emac Truth based on hand feel, but it certainly is not deep. It does fill the hand nicely, moreso than a Buzzz in my opinion.

Old 04-19-2021, 09:38 AM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aphilso1 View Post
That is a quandary. Can't really go up to a fairway then, as I imagine all neutral-to-US fairway drivers will easily outpace your Buzzz.

If you have a local shop, I'd recommend feeling an Emac Truth and a Roc next to your Buzzz and see if either of those feel better. For me personally, there is a significant difference in hand comfort among those three workhorse mids. Roc will be the deepest but also the most stable. So you may need to go with a less stable plastic than normal if the Roc is what fits your hand. I personally gravitate toward the Emac Truth based on hand feel, but it certainly is not deep. It does fill the hand nicely, moreso than a Buzzz in my opinion.
Man, I can’t tell the two apart right next to eachother.
Old 04-19-2021, 09:44 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.6
Courses Played: 46
Niced 1,093 Times in 655 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-Ogre View Post
Man, I can’t tell the two apart right next to eachother.
I compared three discs, but I'm assuming the "two" you referenced are Emac Truth and Buzzz, since Roc has a very different profile.

It's been a couple years since I held a Buzzz, but I remember the rim feeling slightly thinner than an Emac and a touch taller. An Emac feels faster in the hand to me, ever so slightly. Certainly very similar discs for sure. It's not going to feel like the difference of going from a Comet to a Mako. But he wants to get the same flight as his Buzzz, so it's hard to recommend anything that is substantially different...because anything that feels entirely different is probably also going to fly entirely different.

Old 04-19-2021, 09:49 AM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aphilso1 View Post
I compared three discs, but I'm assuming the "two" you referenced are Emac Truth and Buzzz, since Roc has a very different profile.

It's been a couple years since I held a Buzzz, but I remember the rim feeling slightly thinner than an Emac and a touch taller. An Emac feels faster in the hand to me, ever so slightly. Certainly very similar discs for sure. It's not going to feel like the difference of going from a Comet to a Mako. But he wants to get the same flight as his Buzzz, so it's hard to recommend anything that is substantially different...because anything that feels entirely different is probably also going to fly entirely different.
I found a uninked EMac truth on a course a couple months back and threw it like 3 times before I looked closer and realized it wasn’t just a beefy (flight wise) Buzzz. I’m sure you are correct because it sounds like you’ve done a detailed comparison but the difference is pretty slight. Then again as you say, it might be just enough for the OP.

Old 04-19-2021, 10:01 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.9
Courses Played: 5
Niced 1,070 Times in 480 Posts

Heck...

Personally, I hate the feel of the ESP Buzzz, but find the Elite X and the Z plastic to be really comfortable.

It might be as simple as a Buzzz in different plastic.

Niced: (2)